Bears!    897
Clearly should be Uber. Not as good as Thundurus, though. Not much to discuss.

This is one of those Pokemon that makes permanent weather not okay imo. Like, if they completely banned Drought and Drizzle, then this guy would be perfectly fine. But because you can fire off STAB LO Thunders for fun off of such an ENOURMOUS SAtk stat, Thundurus-T get's a bad rap. Another case of "fuck up the Pokemon, not the problem".
  • Upvote 1

Grimey    8113

This is one of those Pokemon that makes permanent weather not okay imo. Like, if they completely banned Drought and Drizzle, then this guy would be perfectly fine. But because you can fire off STAB LO Thunders for fun off of such an ENOURMOUS SAtk stat, Thundurus-T get's a bad rap. Another case of "fuck up the Pokemon, not the problem".

???

I said TORNADUS

681.png

Grimey    8113

idk like it's pretty good but I just don't see enough reason to put it in ubers

i'll defend my side when i'm not tired out of my mind but this is an actual argument imo, whereas the one I had about excadrill was just stupid and after I woke up the next morning I couldn't believe that I thought excadrill wasn't op in the current metagame 

+Gemstone Mine    2596

idk like it's pretty good but I just don't see enough reason to put it in ubers

i'll defend my side when i'm not tired out of my mind but this is an actual argument imo, whereas the one I had about excadrill was just stupid and after I woke up the next morning I couldn't believe that I thought excadrill wasn't op in the current metagame 

It was primarily moved to Ubers for having absolutely no counter-play. STAB Hurricane wrecked almost everything in OU, there really weren't any hard counters and everything that could counter it has a 30% chance of getting confused, making it not a counter. But Regenerator was what put it over the edge. All of the hard counters to it except for Jirachi had no recover besides leftovers, while this thing has regenerator. Your counter loses eventually simply by virtue of the fact that your counter was eating Hurricanes all day, and hazards, while Tornadus-T simply switches out and is ready for another go round.

It also has great base Sp. A, an amazing, high bp STAB, can cover almost everything with 3 moves, and is incredibly difficult to kill. It also sits in one of the best speed tiers. It also resists all forms of Priority commonly found in OU, with the exception being Mamo's Ice Shard. It just has everything going for, and very little going against it.

@above: Regenerator was introduced in BW1, but a bunch more stuff got it in BW2.

• Upvote 1

yo you don't understand dream world do you? the stuff already had it in bw1. some stuff only recently got released, though.

also i'm pretty sure excadrill would be completely fine in ou without his ability.

»Sidereal    3723

It has Regenerator so it never gets worn down

It has an absurd speed tier that lets it beat regular Tornadus' usual checks (Starmie)

It has ridiculous coverage between Hurricane, Focus Blast, Superpower, Heat Wave, and U-turn helps lure in counters to wear them down. Focus Blast and Superpower let it beat anything Hurricane won't except Psychic/Steels, which get somewhat worked by Heat Wave outside of the rain. U-turn into Magnezone/Dugtrio make it so you don't need to use Heat Wave at all

The only real thing holding regular Tornadus back is that it can hardly come in on anything remotely offensive because it has that Rocks weakness and its defenses aren't high at all. Tornadus-T doesn't give a shit; it will come in and tank a hit because it has Regenerator, rape something, leave, then do it again. It might not be able to tank multiple hits in a game but at the very least it can continuously come in without Rapid Spin support. I loved using him but I never want to see him in OU ever again

• Upvote 1

Grimey    8113

yo you don't understand dream world do you? the stuff already had it in bw1. some stuff only recently got released, though.

also i'm pretty sure excadrill would be completely fine in ou without his ability.

I mean, I'd be delighted to prove you wrong. ;)

Bears!    897

I don't know what the fuck my brain was doing when I posted this. But let me fix it.

Tornadus-T isn't as good as Tornadus because it can't Pranksub. I've seen SEVERAL teams peak #1 using a Prankster Substitute strategy on Tornadus to ease prediction and set up sweeps due to Hurricane utterly destroying teams. However, this guy has U-Turn and Renegerator, and coupled with a huge Speed stats and added bulkiness, becomes a pretty excellent scout. Not to mention higher Special Attack and access to Hurricane still. I don't really feel like it should be Uber because it's a niche Pokemon that fills an important role that a lot of other Pokemon couldn't, and while it's bulkier than it's counterpart, it's no Lugia and it's not necessarily hard to counter. I think overall it's pretty healthy for the game. Some may disagree but it's never really been a problem for me.