ShyGuy

Ideas for pets

ShyGuy    91

After my dog passed last year i have wanted a pet, just something to interact with. Ideally I want another dog, but my dad does not want another dog. Since i am still living with him, I will have to play by his rules. I am currently trying to find a pet something easy and that I can keep in my room. Here are some criteria

* I still live at home and go to college full-time

* Something that is low-maintenance

* Ideally small enough to keep in my room. 

»CheyMcFly    4637
An iguana might fit your situation well along with various other reptiles. Im not sure what maintaince level they are though.

Chief    334
Iguanas get very big and need everyday handling otherwise they can be aggressive and a bite/tail whip is enough to rip flesh. If you want a reptile get a smaller snake. A corn or king snake is incredibly low matinance

+rei+    34688
snaaaaaaaaake its a snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

idk im in dog mode.

iDunnoBro    822

rabbit

Rabbit, or Guinea pig seems like a pretty good idea. 

But man, I dunno about rabbits. But Guinea pigs poop all the time. Like, I used to keep mine on my shoulder while doin stuff like watchin TV. And after just one show, there's like a stockpile of shit-flavored raisins behind her. It doesn't stink, mush, or anything like that. But it was EVERYWHERE. If i got a guinea pig again, I'd get a huge ass cage to let them spend all their time unless one of us wanted attention. Easy to clean preferably, too.

theraybrams    10

Pet skunk. de-skunkified. they'll eat dog food and you can walk them on a leash. surprisingly friendly.

raccoon. Edgar Allen Poe had one.

fish, wish an epic name. my beta's Beowulf. 

ShyGuy    91

rabbit

Rabbit, or Guinea pig seems like a pretty good idea. 

But man, I dunno about rabbits. But Guinea pigs poop all the time. Like, I used to keep mine on my shoulder while doin stuff like watchin TV. And after just one show, there's like a stockpile of shit-flavored raisins behind her. It doesn't stink, mush, or anything like that. But it was EVERYWHERE. If i got a guinea pig again, I'd get a huge ass cage to let them spend all their time unless one of us wanted attention. Easy to clean preferably, too.
I had a guinea pig before. They were cool, but for something to keep in my room idk on that. Mine were always very noise and squealed a lot. A rabbit would be a cool idea.

I have looked at skunks my friend owned one. Was the best thing ever. Would cuddle and play all the time his name was luthario. I would love to get one but my dad would laugh since he hates skunka and kills them on site when they are in our yard.

»CheyMcFly    4637

Get a ferret

Ferrets are very smelly. I always wanted one as a kid but my mother always told me how gross they were. I never really realized until a few of my friends had them and I went over their houses. 

+rei+    34688
screw stinkrats.

fake    4788

put a collar around your neck and eat dry cereal daily

• Upvote 7

Gaea's Cradle    316

What about a cat? It's easy to take care of it. Leave out some kitty litter and food and it's good.

• Upvote 2

ShyGuy    91

What about a cat? It's easy to take care of it. Leave out some kitty litter and food and it's good.

I already have barn cats and i'm not much of a cat person. 

Some considerations i have been looking into.

Hedgehog, Rabbit or a Tortoise

herbie ✌    1340

Hedgehog holy shit why would the others be an option.

Closest thing we have to them here is Echidnas, and they are fucking freaky.

Mammal that lays eggs? Echidnas and Platypus' are weird as shit.