MZAAZM

HEX MMO Trading Card Game

273 posts in this topic

Just gotta take it slowly. You don't have to do all the gnomes at once :P

Also you gotta pack a lot of removal in your deck like Repels or Kills because damn those worms hurt.  The fights are pretty unfair though until you have a stronger deck. It's optional so you can just come back later.  Don't even try fighting the queen.

Some secret cards:

Cards that can be won from special encounters:

-Piranha Swarm (beat the Piranhas)
-Wormoid hydra (beat the Wormoid Queen)
-Contract Killing (beat the Killipede)
-Kiss of the Princess (revert the frog in to Princess Daphne in the Sea Hag fight and then take control of her before you win (Mancubus))
-Spectral Caller (beat AoM level 6)
-The 5 untamed cards (tame at least one of the fight-specific untamed cards with the containment sphere in the battle)

game appears to be on steam now. downloaded and will give it a fair go later.

played it a decent amount. Going through the story mode as a necrotic cleric to grind cards but I also think its a solid mode. Game is fun though it gives me the 'mtg' feel far more than anything else ive play, def can see how the legal issues happened.

Can anyone ship a list of staple/strong common cards for each color, like crackling bolt? Or at least noteables. I havent found anything in the guides so far.

Started playing HEX again at @Gojira's recommendation. Supposedly he's ranked very high in constructed now. I haven't played since 2014, so I've started with the PvE campaign. Anyone else still play?

Yeah though waiting for the new set to come out before I go back into constructed. Apparently should be an announcement soon for the date and it will be released within 1-2 weeks of the announcement.

I've been streaming HEX a fair bit over the last few days. I'm going to get into constructed once the next set drops as well.

The 1k+ platinum rare of the set?  

07_into_the_unknown.jpg

16 minutes ago, Axle said:

The 1k+ platinum rare of the set?  

07_into_the_unknown.jpg

Not until transmog rotates out i think. I mean, I'm sure the card will see play, and it's great, but I don't see it being the flagship rare.

I'm around rank 20 at the moment, playing mono blue prison/combo with Uzzu the Bonewalker. The deck is a lot of fun. You get to do stupid things, but also interact. I think I have the best sideboard plan currently, with Webborn Apostate as tech for the mirror (can essentially timewalk if played before turn 4).

I also play Blue/White (Sapphire/Diamond) control. It's good, but has trouble with decks like the above that can suddenly present a huge board. I expected it to be one of the best decks going into the new set though, with this card:

GuidanceG.png

I'm probably going to be playing some form of Sapphire. 

This is early.. thought it was going to be after the ladder rollover.

I'm ranked #10 in constructed right now! How sick is that?

Hey guys I'm thinking about getting into the game after Allen's discord discussion. Always thought about getting into Magic but never got into it. Is there some material I can read to get started?

If you're just getting a feel for the game mechanics and how that works etc, I'd watch my stream at www.twitch.tv/acpennington

Depending on how much money you're willing to spend and what your goals are I can be a bit more specific about what the best strategy to take is.

Alright gonna check out the stream now. Just downloaded the game. 

As as far as spending/goals; I'm trying to be as competitive as possible playing in standard events etc without having to put in more than $100. 

The fact a lot of the events are free are interesting 

If you're willing to spend $100, you can easily be high ranked in constructed in no time. What is arguably the best deck in the format costs only about $60. Pretty much every top tier deck other than Diamond/Sapphire control is less than $100.

What's the name of the deck?

1 hour ago, Jvizzle87 said:

What's the name of the deck?

The deck is often called "Redlings". It's an aggro/combo deck. Here's my list: https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=239717

I've streamed it quite a bit before, can do so again when you're watching so that you can get a feel for how it works.

@Jvizzle87 here's my own guide to the constructed metagame as well.

Champion: Ivan Slagpot

- Shards: Blood/Ruby

- Strategy: Aggro/Combo

- Cost: About $60

- Strengths: Very fast, gets a lot of free wins, no matchup is worse than 40/60.

- Weaknesses: Dealing with board sweep effects can be tricky.

- Example list: https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=239717

Champion: Dreaming Fox

- Shards: Diamond/Sapphire

- Strategy: Control

- Cost: About $140

- Strengths: Has the best mid-to-late game options in the format, champion starts at 25 health.

- Weaknesses: List needs to be frequently finetuned for the expected metagame. This is the most popular deck at high levels of play, so people will be prepared for it. Games take a long time, which make it inefficient for quickly grinding the ladder.

- Example list: https://hexpvptools.net/tournament/1098439230/player/2075050

Champion: Benvolio

- Shards: Ruby

- Strategy: Aggro/Burn

- Cost: About $80 (although less optimal "budget" versions exist for as low as $40)

- Strengths: If built correctly, it does very well in the aggro mirrors, while still faring well against the other decks in the format.

- Weaknesses: Cards like Blightbush that get value when blocking are hard to deal with. Also lifegain effects, but there are not very many in the metagame right now.

- Example list: https://hexpvptools.net/tournament/1098439230/player/2075127

Champion: Uzzu the Bonewalker

- Shards: Sapphire

- Strategy: Combo

- Cost: About $90

- Strengths: Similar to the Ivan Slagpot strategy, but deals with board sweep better.

- Weaknesses: Heavy synergy deck, cards are pretty bad individually.

- Example list: https://hexpvptools.net/tournament/1098439230/player/2075068

Champion: Winter Moon

- Shards: Sapphire/Wild

- Strategy: "Draw Go" Control

- Cost: About $90

- Strengths: Does very well against the Dreaming Fox deck and other midrange or control decks.

- Weaknesses: Doesn't have a lot of great tools for dealing with aggro.

- Example list: https://hexpvptools.net/tournament/1083816720/player/2076791

Champion: Kagulichu

- Shards: Blood/Wild

- Strategy: Midrange/Value

- Cost: About $120

- Strengths: Lots of solid options and every stage of the game, pretty well-rounded matchups.

- Weaknesses: Cards like Gemstone Prowler and Blinding Ire out of the sideboard hurt a lot.

- Example list: https://hexpvptools.net/tournament/1098439230/player/2075136

Champion: Papa Goot

- Shards: Blood/Diamond

- Strategy: Constant Control

- Cost: About $65

- Strengths: Very strong late game with Twilight Eclipse, while still having good removal in the early game.

- Weaknesses: Gets destroyed by cards like Clash of Steel and Scouring Light and will probably only be a good metagame choice as long its not very popular.

- Example list: https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=246511

Champion: Cassia Goldenlight

- Shards: Ruby/Diamond

- Strategy: Token Aggro

- Cost: About $70

- Strengths: Very good at shrugging off any "spot removal" effects like Herofall

- Weaknesses: Somewhat underpowered currently, has trouble with board sweep effects.

- Example list: https://hexpvptools.net/tournament/1098439230/player/2075126

Thanks guys I just got home from work so I'm gonna take a look at all the info