Pharaoh Atem

Translation HQ - Shadow Specters

85 posts in this topic

1, 34, 38, 40, 68 ready for review.

For Labrador's flavor text, that first word is "Labradorescence", as in the "noun" form of a word like "fluorescent".

"uroko" means "scale(s)", by the by.

So something like:

"A dragon covered in scales that give off a unique and beautiful shine called "labradorescence". The dazzling light borne from these scales has the power to soothe the wavering souls and stir the emotions of those who see it. --It is said that this light shines even through memories of past lives and reunites those who were once close."

?

Vampire Hunter for Belmont

Genomics should be like Warburan therefore it should be like Bahamut Shark

Also the second BK is gonna be Rapid Puncher for sure

Vampire Killer is a deliberate reference to Konami product on several levels: for DN purposes I intend to leave it alone on purpose.

Genomics I put as Genomix thanks to it making sense as a pun, while Genomics... well, it only makes sense if we go LOLJAPAN about it.

A rabbit punch is an actual kind of punch, not unlike several BK names we've had so far, so...

It has more to do with the fact Rabbit Punches are a back-of-the-skull death punch, I think.

Also I think Eva means Genomix should be like Bahamut Shark probably with "remainder of the turn" shit Spar/Bahamut/Fire Fist Lion have.

I also have half an mind to suggest "Plot Armor" for "Scheme Shield", but I think someone might kill me for the pun.

It's entirely possible, but I couldn't find Bahamut last night to verify.

Genomix Fighter:
このカードはリリースなしで召喚できる。
この方法で召喚したこのカードのレベルは3になり、元々の攻撃力は半分になる。
また、1ターンに1度、種族を1つ宣言して発動できる。
このターンこのカードをシンクロ素材とする場合、このカードを含むそのシンクロ素材モンスター一組を宣言した種族として扱う。
この効果を発動したターン、自分は宣言した種族以外のモンスターを召喚・特殊召喚できない。

Bahamut Shark:
1ターンに1度、このカードのエクシーズ素材を1つ取り除いて発動できる。
水属性・ランク3以下のエクシーズモンスター1体をエクストラデッキから特殊召喚する。
このターンこのカードは攻撃できない。

Sparrer:
自分フィールド上に「BK」と名のついたモンスターが存在する場合、このカードは手札から特殊召喚できる。
この方法で特殊召喚した場合、このターン自分はバトルフェイズを行えない。

Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Lion Emperor:
1ターンに1度、このカードのエクシーズ素材を1つ取り除いて発動できる。
自分の墓地の炎属性モンスター1体を選択して手札に加える。
このターン、選択したモンスター及びその同名モンスターを召喚・特殊召喚できない。

Cards with この効果を発動したターン

Number 42: Starship Galaxy Tomahawk
1ターンに1度、このカードのエクシーズ素材を2つ取り除いて発動できる。
自分フィールド上に「バトル・イーグル・トークン」(機械族・風・星6・攻2000/守0)を可能な限り特殊召喚する。
この効果を発動したターン、相手プレイヤーが受ける戦闘ダメージは0になる。
また、この効果で特殊召喚したトークンはこのターンのエンドフェイズ時に破壊される。

Darklord Zerato
自分の墓地に闇属性モンスターが4種類以上存在する場合、このカードは闇属性モンスター1体をリリースしてアドバンス召喚する事ができる。
手札から闇属性モンスター1体を墓地へ送る事で、相手フィールド上に存在するモンスターを全て破壊する。
この効果を発動したターンのエンドフェイズ時にこのカードを破壊する。

Fool of Prophecy
1ターンに1度、デッキから「魔導書」と名のついた魔法カード1枚を墓地へ送る事ができる。
この効果を発動したターンのエンドフェイズ時、自分の墓地の「魔導書」と名のついた魔法カードが5種類以上の場合、このカードをリリースする事で、デッキから魔法使い族・闇属性・レベル5以上のモンスター1体を特殊召喚する。

Cards with このカードを発動したターン
Dust Storm of Gusto
このカードを発動したターン、自分フィールド上の「ガスタ」と名のついたモンスターの攻撃宣言時に相手は魔法・罠・効果モンスターの効果を発動できない。

Constellar Meteor
このカードを発動したターン、「セイクリッド」と名のついたモンスターとの戦闘で破壊されなかった相手モンスターは、ダメージステップ終了時に持ち主のデッキに戻る。

Hallowed Life Barrier
手札を1枚捨てる。
このカードを発動したターン、相手から受ける全てのダメージを0にする。

Fire Formation - Kaiyo
このカードを発動したターン、自分フィールド上の獣戦士族モンスターが守備表示モンスターを攻撃した時、その守備力を攻撃力が超えていれば、その数値だけ相手ライフに戦闘ダメージを与える。
また、このカードがフィールド上に存在する限り、自分フィールド上の獣戦士族モンスターの攻撃力は300ポイントアップする。

Kiko Toudou (I'm been calling it Pomp and Circumstance)
自分の墓地の装備魔法カード1枚と、その正しい対象となるフィールド上のモンスター1体を選択して発動できる。
選択した装備魔法カードを選択したモンスターに装備する。この効果で装備した装備魔法カードはエンドフェイズ時に破壊される。
このカードを発動したターン、自分はモンスターを特殊召喚できない。
「旗鼓堂々」は1ターンに1枚しか発動できない。

Butterspy Protection
フィールド上に表側攻撃表示で存在するモンスター1体を選択して発動できる。
選択したモンスターを表側守備表示にする。
このカードを発動したターン自分が受ける全てのダメージは半分になる。

Trial and Tribulation
このカードを発動したターンのエンドフェイズ時、このターン自分が手札・フィールド上からリリースしたトークン以外のモンスターの数によって以下の効果を適用する。
「招来の対価」は1ターンに1枚しか発動できない。
●1体:デッキからカードを1枚ドローする。
●2体:自分の墓地のモンスター2体を手札に加える。
●3体以上:フィールド上に表側表示で存在するカードを3枚まで選んで破壊する。

Super Rejuvination
このカードを発動したターンのエンドフェイズ時、このターン自分が手札から捨てたドラゴン族モンスター、及びこのターン自分が手札・フィールド上からリリースしたドラゴン族モンスターの枚数分だけ、自分のデッキからカードをドローする。

Spellbook of Judgment
このカードを発動したターンのエンドフェイズ時、このカードの発動後に自分または相手が発動した魔法カードの枚数分まで、自分のデッキから「魔導書の神判」以外の「魔導書」と名のついた魔法カードを手札に加える。
その後、この効果で手札に加えたカードの数以下のレベルを持つ魔法使い族モンスター1体をデッキから特殊召喚できる。
「魔導書の神判」は1ターンに1枚しか発動できない。

Spell Wall
以下の効果から1つを選択して発動できる。
このカードを発動したターン、相手プレイヤーが受ける全てのダメージは0になる。
●このターン、魔法使い族モンスターの召喚・反転召喚・特殊召喚は無効化されず、魔法使い族モンスターが召喚・反転召喚・特殊召喚に成功した時、相手は魔法・罠・効果モンスターの効果を発動できない。
●自分フィールド上の魔法使い族モンスター1体を選択して発動できる。このターン、選択したモンスターが攻撃する場合、相手はダメージステップ終了時まで魔法・罠・効果モンスターの効果を発動できない。

Waboku
このカードを発動したターン、相手モンスターから受ける全ての戦闘ダメージは0になる。
このターン自分のモンスターは戦闘では破壊されない。

Also, per your request, Atem:

Scapegoat
このカードを発動するターン、自分は召喚・反転召喚・特殊召喚できない。
自分フィールド上に「羊トークン」(獣族・地・星1・攻/守0)4体を守備表示で特殊召喚する。
このトークンはアドバンス召喚のためにはリリースできない。

Yellow-Blooded Oni

Knight Dei Grepher to make it stay in line with Warrior Dai Grepher

I like Conspiring Druids and Conspiracy Shield

Most of those shita cards you listed generate a lingering effect rather than a specific prohibiting condition. The best comparison Genomix has is Warburan, which is worded pretty much the same and is ruled to function like Bahamu and Spar.

Aye, but the problem here is that it's worded exactly the same as Scapegoat, replacing "kouka" w/ "card"

wording is also identical to Warburan, replacing "hatsudou" with "tekiyou"

Similarity to Warburan is equal to Similarity to Scapegoat

Impasse reached

also, we only know Warburan is like that because it was ruled upon - if I'd read Warburan w/o knowledge of the ruling, it'd be more like Kerykeion point-blank

it's a mess

Yellow-Blooded doesn't fit the current trend established by Blue-Blooded and Red-Haired - essentially, these Oni refuse to localize "Ketsu" the same way each time, such that god help us if Konami wants to make both a Ketsu archetype and a "The Ki from Mezuki's name" archetype

Day and Dei both serve as equally potent hits against Dai - Dai changes i to y if we go with Day, and Dei changes a to e. The only edge Day has is PUN

I've not seen the kanji on Drus and Uid yet so I'm not sure if we've got an Inbou relation here. I like Conspiracy, in light of the source ep and in light of how you guys like it.

Inbou (陰謀) is what the shield has.

Druids use 暗躍 (an'yaku).

Unless Konami goes CONSPIR ARCHETYPE I think we'd be fine with Shield of Conspiracy and Conspiring Druid.

Yellow-Blooded Oni

Gonna go with Atem here. Considering the use of Blue Blood and Red Headed in English, Yellow-Bellied seems an almost obvious conclusion at this point. One could argue it isn't our job to jump towards that, but the pattern strikes me as borderline obvious.

"The Ki from Mezuki's name" archetype

For them to do that would be putting a gun in their mouth. Ki is such a generic word.

I honestly like Shield of Conspiracy myself. Conspiring Druids does make sense in light of the episodes, so I'm not opposed.

Oh, I didn't even realized that the second Oni wasn't translated with Blood in the English name. Then just go with whatever feels good to you guys on it.

Your text for Chau is really incorrect, the correct activation window is during attack declaration of a monster you control that is battling an opponent's monster and they use a Normal Trap.

I like the word Phantom a lot so I suggest that for the wood and water dragons, otherwise no preference.

What're we deciding for the tanukis? Keep it, or change it to raccoon? The only edge I see for raccoon is the veteraccoon pun.

It's Sabalhawk, as in Sabre+Global-hawk

I really don't like how Day Grepher looks, it bothers me to no end.

Suggesting Rumbling Rock for Granmarg so you can go R-R, also I'm pretty sure the drawing is simultaneous with the destruction

Suggesting Dirty Commissioner, but it seems like we're more against changing katakana than we used to be so it's up to you

Pyrallis' name is an irritating pun in Japanese, do we wanna keep it and try to cram violet/purple and fire/flame/etc into one word or translate the name directly?

I like Awakening of the Monarchs to match with March and to ignore the Kanji pun

Is it Day Grepher, or Dei Grepher?

Druids should be Druis and Uid respectively.

The BK spell should be Battlin' Boxin' Spirit.

Honestly I prefer Dei Grepher, and if R&D follows their patterns, Dei Grepher is much more likely.

What're we deciding for the tanukis? Keep it, or change it to raccoon? The only edge I see for raccoon is the veteraccoon pun.

Raccoon Rascal vs Tanuki Tyke
Veteraccoon vs Vetanuki

Those are the options I've got flotting about in my head.

Also, do we have anywhere that might have HQs of the remaining cards, or is everyone in LOCKDOWN because of fear of Konmai.

I like the word Phantom a lot so I suggest that for the wood and water dragons, otherwise no preference.

Honestly I hate Phantom with Gen. As most of the time I see it used in fantasy animu/manga/card gamin' Japanese stuff, the use often seems to trend towards what colloquial english would attach to Mythical/Legendary (or even Rare) than Phantom with most things.

Though if the consensus is Phantom then "Phantom Dragon of Wood" and "Phantom Dragon of Water"?

Pyrallis' name is an irritating pun in Japanese, do we wanna keep it and try to cram violet/purple and fire/flame/etc into one word or translate the name directly?

I'd really not rather cram the pun in that hard as it's a dumb JPN pun that doesn't go well into English. Hell, you can't really drag it into English, unless we went with something dumb like Pyrallis the Purpyro Dragon or something lame.

What're our Pyrallis options?

Okay, the basic thing is it's name is thus:

焔紫[ほむら]竜[りゅう]ピュラリス

焔紫 (Flame/Blaze) + (Purple) is an abnormal punny reading of plain 焔 (Flame/Blaze), as it's saying it's a Dragon with Purple Flames, hurrhurr laugh at our shitty joke, laugh, you bastards.

(As an aside, Japanese players seem to sorta-kinda think the use of Homura might a punny nod towards Formula.)

So basically "Flame Dragon Pyrallis" "Pyrallis the Purple Flame Dragon" "Purpyro Dragon Pyrallis" or "Homura Dragon Pyrallis"

Pyrallis Dragon of the Violet Flame.

K, I'm going on a month long vacation starting tomorrow and I don't intend on touching anything YGO related for the mean time, so I'm just gonna throw all my suggestions in one go along with some reasoning for them, do with them as you see fit. See you guys in a month or so.

As said before, I like Conspiring Druid and Conspiracy Shield

I like Phantom Wood Dragon and Phantom Water Dragon, but I don't really mind with whatever other word you guys wanna use for gen

I feel like calling the two other dragons something like Protect Dragon of Heavy Arms and Drain Dragon of Soul Devouring or something sounds better than just plain Protect Dragon and Drain Dragon

50/50 on Tanuki vs Raccoon, up to your preference

Shadow Vampire should be Vampire Shadow, but again, if we no longer feel like changing katakana names that's fine too

Rakshasa, but I'm sure you guys know this already

Gonna have to put my vote for Dei Grepher

I'm like sure the psychic is Genomics Fighter as in Engrish/Konmai and the English name is gonna be something simple like Genome Fighter

The new plant princess is actually Malina, not Marina

Rumbling Rock, as said before

A Murder of Crows is the best translation for the crows card, but I'm not sure if Konmai would be up for that word. Of course, one can argue that that's up to Konmai to come up with something then, but I personally feel like that's a cop-out.

Risebell the Star Waker / Caller or something?

Djinn Judge Buster and simply Judge Fiend

Melias the Wood Spirit

Felgrand Dragoon I feel like is the perfect name for this, works so well

Pyrallis the Violet Blaze Dragon or something works fine

Kiganjou is interesting. The name literally means Demon Stone Castle, the reading reminds one of Gigan Castle, while the other way of writing it is actually the Japanese name for the Leblanc novel L'aiguille creuse. Don't have a preference, go wild with this.

Mirresonance and Pot of Duplicity we should be good on I think?

For Kikodoudou, I like Triumphant because of Chivalry (Ifuudoudou) before it. If not that, I at least still insist on it being only one word to match it.

Awakening of the Monarchs, as was said

No problem with Breath of the Valiant

Survival of the Fittest

Daikinboshi means a huge unexpected win. So something on that line of thinking would be good.

Anyway, that's all I got, see you guys in a bit~ <3

Conspiracy Cover, or Shield of Conspiracy: Battle Damage should not be capitalized.

BK Cheat Commissioner: specify that the card is Set to your side of the field. Cards as recent as "Doomkaiser Dragon" (the Duelist League PSCT print) still specify that sort of thing.

The Druid with 1800 ATK: chop off "but its effects are negated." and make a separate sentence saying "Its effects are negated." See "Zombowwow" and "Crane Crane" for reference.

The Duel Terminal story card with badass Steelswarm Roach: (Personal comment: You sure it targets?)

Murder of Crows: Nowadays, if you want to randomize card discarding, you let your opponent choose. Meaning, "Discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand."

Bujingi - Yata: "monster you control is targeted for an attack by an opponent's monster: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; negate that attack, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK of the (attacker?/monster that attacked?). Based on lores of "Cyber Valley" and "Power Frame".

Pumprincess: Each time it just says "Continuous Spell", make sure it says "Continuous Spell Card" instead.

Probably more, but will get to them some other time.