Sign in to follow this  
EnigmaMemory

Plasma Plants

EnigmaMemory    83

7OtT3JZ.png

After reading the CoreTCG article about the Destiny HERO Plasma deck that did pretty well in an OCG tournament, I couldn't help but try and adjust it to my own liking. My main problem with the OCG built is that it was specifically designed to counter the meta there (AKA Dragon Ruler, or what we used to call Elemental Dragons). Thus, some card choices didn't really make any sense unless you considered the reasoning behind it. The aim of my built is to try and expand on this deck, making it more versatile, explosive, and generally able to handle a wider variety of decks. Despite what the metagame dictates, there will still probably be a good number of rogues running around for some reason.

If you haven't read it, the article can be found here: http://blog.coretcg.com/finding-a-counter-the-new-perfect-circle/

Monsters: 20

2x Debris Dragon

1x Spore

1x Dandylion

1x Lonefire Blossom

2x Card Trooper

1x Elemental HERO Neos Alius

1x Elemental HERO Stratos

2x Destiny HERO Plasma

2x Summoner Monk

2x Photon Thrasher

2x Thunder King Rai-Oh

2x Maxx "C"

1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Spells: 14

2x E - Emergency Call

1x The Warrior Returning Alive

1x Reinforcement of the Army

1x Dark Hole

1x Monster Reborn

1x Heavy Storm

2x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Pot of Avarice

1x Scapegoat

1x Enemy Controller

1x One for One

1x Foolish Burial

Traps: 6

2x Call of the Haunted

3x Compulsory Evacuation Device

1x Solemn Warning

Extra: 15

1x Formula Synchron

1x Hyper Librarian

1x Catastor

1x Black Rose Dragon

1x Ancient Fairy Dragon

1x Stardust Dragon

1x Scrap Dragon

1x Gem-Knight Pearl

1x Number 39: Utopia

1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

1x Gagaga Cowboy

1x Gem-Knight Emeral

1x Lavalval Chain

1x Number 51: Blackship of Corn

1x Leviair the Sea Dragon

Side: 15

1x Maxx "C"

2x Effect Veiler

2x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Mind Crush

2x Imperial Iron Wall

3x Soul Drain

2x Dimensional Prison

Plasma can be easily summoned due to the sheer power behind the effects of Dandylion and Lavalval Chain. Three monsters hit the board just from Chain dumping Dandylion from the deck. Should Dandylion already be in the graveyard, Chain can stack Debris on top of the deck, making Plasma viable next turn through Debris -> Dandy -> Ancient Fairy Dragon. Stratos is another lynchpin, being able to search Plasma when you need it via simply getting it to your hand using the spell support, CoTH, or Summoner Monk. In fact, Monk + a Spell, should it be successful and not be negated by Veiler (huge problem), makes a Plasma play viable. 14 spells should be enough to fuel Monk when you need to. Triple Compuls is decent as most decks have power plays coming from the extra deck and Compuls conveniently dodges destruction immunity. I couldn't help but put in BLS because this deck seems to be perfectly capable of bringing out a LIGHT and a DARK into the grave.

One major concern is that effect negation makes Monk very sad. Cards like Veiler, Fiendish Chain, and Breakthrough Skill will prey on Monk's rather hefty cost. Another problem I had specifically was just fitting in cards. The side deck also probably looks rather atrocious, most likely due to my ignorance into the finer intricacies of the metagame. However, in my opinion, the biggest problem is that I haven't tested this at all. With that said, I probably won't be able to test this thing until school is over, so I would greatly appreciate if anyone who tries this deck comes back with some report on how it went. Even a "This was great," or "It sucked" would do.

I'll like to give due credit to the authors of the comments below the CoreTCG article, which saved me from some amount of time having to think, as well as that person, whoever it is, who came up with this deck in the OCG in the first place.

Please leave your comments below, I will try to address them to the best of my ability, and thank you for your time.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

EnigmaMemory    83

Why aren't you running Phantom Skyblaster?

...Tbh, it completely slipped my mind. But looking back at the deck... well, it sounds like a nice idea, but I have no idea what to take out.

EnigmaMemory    83

Not a huge fan of that 1 of enemy controller.

Understandable, I'm not sure of it myself. There's some nice tricks I can play with it, but I don't know if they're actually worth it.

I guess it can go, but... I'll have to test this thing. Whenever that is. Stupid exams.

wonderPreaux    1408

Why not play Book of Moon over E-Con? Book can stop your mons from being Veiler'd etc, which is pretty relevant as you say you rely on uninterrupted Monk plays.

Glimmervoid    92
I don't know if there are any good targets, but have you considered a level 4 target for Debris?

LFN    3239

I don't know if there are any good targets, but have you considered a level 4 target for Debris?

I play a copy of Destiny HERO Defender

EnigmaMemory    83

Why not play Book of Moon over E-Con? Book can stop your mons from being Veiler'd etc, which is pretty relevant as you say you rely on uninterrupted Monk plays.

I agree with book over E-con. But I think creature swap should get some consideration too.

Well, if I book Monk, I don't get the XYZ, but that is better than just ditching a spell for no reason. Thank you for the suggestion

needs dweller in the extra

I will try that.

I play a copy of Destiny HERO Defender

I've thought about it, but unless it has good synergy with the deck in some way or another, it's kind of silly to try and squeeze it in, space is tight. I have to look though.

wonderPreaux    1408

If they veiler and you book on the chain, just monk for Stratos/Rai-Oh so you can still advance your gamestate, its far better than just passing.

EnigmaMemory    83

Played against a few decks during a break from studying.

I'm a terrible pilot, Summoner Monk suffers a lot this format, and it doesn't really do that swell against anti-meta. Then again, I'm a terrible pilot.

There are some potent power plays though.

Also -1 E-Con +1 Book of Moon

Light_Dey    19
I'm not too sure about this but what about orbital 7+ machine duplication? I mean you could toss machine Dupe with monk and orbital is a level 4 debris target. Also its a light target for BLS.

EnigmaMemory    83

I'm not too sure about this but what about orbital 7+ machine duplication? I mean you could toss machine Dupe with monk and orbital is a level 4 debris target. Also its a light target for BLS.

Sounds interesting, but the problem is if I draw into it, I have to set it to keep it from being a complete waste, and that is a bit slow.