Nate1080

SSB 4 (OP contains player list)

»Jeff Jones    13262

oops double post.

*EDIT* Here's a tier list for Super Smash Bros 4 in Japan.

https://game8.jp/matome/14157

Apparently Rosalina, Shiek, and Yoshi are considered the 'best' characters, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest after watching how they play.

There isn't that much difference between characters in A and B tiers at the moment, and characters in C tier can still easily win tournaments.

Yoshi has a teleport glitch that will get patched (assumably, it is Nintendo we're talking about). Also this early the tier list is pretty flawed considering it's only had like 2 major tournaments iirc and as a result is basically more just a "who's popular" list atm. It'll be a while before a good tier list is out.

EDIT: that said most of the bottom tiers are pretty much correct (Pikachu is too low tho) and you're right when you say C characters can take tourneys in the hands of a good player.

Yoshi's teleport glitch is only using custom movesets, which I'm pretty sure was not allowed in the tournament.

What's everyone's main?

Right now Rosalina and Robin

• Upvote 1

Nate1080    1241

oops double post.

Apparently Rosalina, Shiek, and Yoshi are considered the 'best' characters, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest after watching how they play.
There isn't that much difference between characters in A and B tiers at the moment, and characters in C tier can still easily win tournaments.

I'm not sure about Yoshi, but I do agree with Rosa and Shiek.

Rosa's up B pretty much sends her across the entire stage and juggling characters with Luma is ridiculous. I love playing as her.

I do think Duck Hunt is kinda low. His forward and down smashes have great range and his frisbee, can and down B are good for edge guarding/pushing people off the stage as well as baiting the opponent to come towards the edges of the stage.

ozy    724

oops double post.

Yoshi has a teleport glitch that will get patched (assumably, it is Nintendo we're talking about). Also this early the tier list is pretty flawed considering it's only had like 2 major tournaments iirc and as a result is basically more just a "who's popular" list atm. It'll be a while before a good tier list is out.

EDIT: that said most of the bottom tiers are pretty much correct (Pikachu is too low tho) and you're right when you say C characters can take tourneys in the hands of a good player.

Yoshi's teleport glitch is only using custom movesets, which I'm pretty sure was not allowed in the tournament.

Didn't know that, I just watched a video where the guy grabbed ledge, jumped off, egg tossed and warped everywhere rofl.

I'm mostly playing Falcon and Robin atm. If only Robin's books didn't run out :/

Vincent210    510

What's everyone's main?

Little Mac and Wario. Lt. Nasty is also a fun character (Pink Costume Cptn. Falcon) to sometimes on.

Little Mac is a ton of fun, and I've found joy in the mirror Mac. I vaguely feel like I'm playing Balrog from street fighter often times. Wario is a carry-over skill set, and the character seems to be pretty good this time around. And I mean speaking of Mac its a fun way to cheese the character; neutral B of Wario just kind of denies everything Lil' Mac stands for.

I don't like either characters match-up against decent-to-exceptional Yoshis, however, so chances are I'll be picking up a third character as a pocket for that matchup.

Axle    1217

Been playing Pac-man mosty. Tons of neat interactions with the character. This thread has some examples of the things he can do with all his specials used together (Mostly in combination with the Fire Hydrant though).

http://smashboards.com/threads/pac-man-fever-fire-hydrant-trickery-and-bonus-fruit-hijinx.372423/

Also played a bunch of Sheik but she's kinda easy mode. 

Dawgy    2039

That's actually not true if you're speaking about the Super Wave Dash that Yoshi currently has.

He just has to time the casting of two consecutive egg tosses correctly.

»Jeff Jones    13262
Oh I was talking about the yoshi super jump.

However yeah you can do the teleport back to te edge thing At any point. However I haven't found t to be very practical or useful. It's cool though

xXGGnoReXx    239

I'm struggling to find a main myself, but I'm leaning more on DK and Wario (Wario being la Brawl main.)

Anyone else find it really funny to predict the roll spammers? It's even better when they spam counter when they aren't rolling and you get free hits.

+Urthor    10235

I'm non-stop grinding classic mode with Bowser, looking to find some basic skills.

It's not really happening :(

xXGGnoReXx    239

I'm non-stop grinding classic mode with Bowser, looking to find some basic skills.

You'd probably be better off having someone sit down with you and running matches, or spamming For Glory.

Have you done any reading up on Bowser via Smashboards?

+Urthor    10235

You'd probably be better off having someone sit down with you and running matches, or spamming For Glory.

I did look at the guides for Bowser for Brawl on Smashboards, but I decided I'm really really just waaaaaay to bad to start practicing grab chains or to kinda follow the advice there.  Like, I'm actually reaaaaaaaaaaally entry level.  Not sure if Bowser is the best main long term regardless, I was just gunning for mini bowser then decided I had the character practice so might as well stick with it.  

xXGGnoReXx    239

I did look at the guides for Bowser for Brawl on Smashboards, but I decided I'm really really just waaaaaay to bad to start practicing grab chains or to kinda follow the advice there.  Like, I'm actually reaaaaaaaaaaally entry level.  Not sure if Bowser is the best main long term regardless, I was just gunning for mini bowser then decided I had the character practice so might as well stick with it.  

Well, chain grabs don't exist anymore, you'd have to look at the new character discussion because Bowser has actually changed a awful lot. 

• Upvote 2

LionHeart77    64

What's everyone's main?

Lucina mostly and a bit of shulk(crazy kit I am not used to yet). But lucina reminds me a lot of melee marth. She just feels more responsive. She can ken combo and her U-throw is OP.

Berdversary    181
Damn I'm so late to this but I'm such an awful player it kinda don't matter.

Really want to use Little Mac tho, gives me the feels cuz he reminds of me of Iron Fist from UMvC3 ;(

Hellviper    1189

Happened at a tournament I was hosting last night, thought it was pretty hilarious so thought I would share:

(Skip to 1:33)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cx2YUzLTx0

• Upvote 11

2251 6564 6636

someone add me!!!!!! I am like as good as a lv 7 computer on a good day haha tryna learn some new characters

+Mascis    4566

oh hey i play this on 3ds too

my friend code is 3153 - 4610 - 3368 if you don't already have me 

only apparently works on two characters and we don't have access to a cstick for di yet so we don't even know if it'll work then. plus it's hard to get into that kind of situation realistically anyway.

Vincent210    510

Quick note I wanted to make; does anyone else feel like the trades between a returning player's dair and a chasing player's uair? Like minus a few noteworthy disjointed hitboxes it seemed like you have to air dodge and/or fair/bair someone in order to trade if they're below you.

xXGGnoReXx    239
It really depends on the character Vince. For example I know with DK I'm probably not air trading below me unless I can space dair perfectly

iDunnoBro    822

Ayy anyone wanna play? I gotta really annoying duck hunt, lot of people quit on me fair warning. (Duck hunt is just an annoying character, both in style and origin)

xXGGnoReXx    239

I will, I need something to do and I dotn feel like playing wasteland 2 atm

edit: Your fc is missing a digit