Nate1080

SSB 4 (OP contains player list)

Not brawl related, sry :(
[spoiler]
W101 .
Sry for random interjection into thread, but what game is this? bcuz I've been pestering ppl to play W101 (wizard 101) a while now, and nobody has :( [/spoiler]

DarkBlaze557    2106

Currently maining Bowser Jr. and love him. I just picked up Zero Suit Samus as another main character and may bench Bowser Jr. due to how ridiculous she is. So much ledge control.

»infinite    2317

Fuck I really missed out on the mario kart 8 deals this summer. Was really upset when I finally decide to buy my wii u, and nintendo is out of their refurbished models. Found this though: http://dealnews.com/Used-Nintendo-Wii-U-32-GB-Deluxe-Console-for-180-free-shipping/1176053.html

The cowboom site looks kinda sketchy but apparently they work with bestbuy and have a history of being good for this shit.

$190 (for me with tax, dunno about other people) for the deluxe 32gb and gamepad. No game comes with it but you do save some $ from the nintendo one. Real talk only gonna be playing smash mostly like every fucking other nintendo console now. I do wanna get W101 and Bayo 2 cause they look cool and I fucking love Hideki Kamiya. Hyrule warriors and Toad Adventure thing look cool too but I just can't pay $60 for games. Hope they go down in price or some sale comes along.

Ebay has Wiiu's for 260 with nintendoland and super mario 3d world

Vincent210    510

Not brawl related, sry :(
[spoiler]
W101 .
Sry for random interjection into thread, but what game is this? bcuz I've been pestering ppl to play W101 (wizard 101) a while now, and nobody has :( [/spoiler]

Wonderful 101. 

»infinite    2317

Ty both

It's a pretty solid action game from platinum games directed by Hideki Kamiya of devil may cry and Bayonetta fame.

iDunnoBro    822

Fuck I really missed out on the mario kart 8 deals this summer. Was really upset when I finally decide to buy my wii u, and nintendo is out of their refurbished models. Found this though: http://dealnews.com/Used-Nintendo-Wii-U-32-GB-Deluxe-Console-for-180-free-shipping/1176053.html

The cowboom site looks kinda sketchy but apparently they work with bestbuy and have a history of being good for this shit.

$190 (for me with tax, dunno about other people) for the deluxe 32gb and gamepad. No game comes with it but you do save some $ from the nintendo one. Real talk only gonna be playing smash mostly like every fucking other nintendo console now. I do wanna get W101 and Bayo 2 cause they look cool and I fucking love Hideki Kamiya. Hyrule warriors and Toad Adventure thing look cool too but I just can't pay $60 for games. Hope they go down in price or some sale comes along.

Ebay has Wiiu's for 260 with nintendoland and super mario 3d world

You talking about the buy.com ones? They ran out :( There's another one at $280

With this though I think you can just buy nintendoland and mario 3d world and still have spent $10~ less than a $260 though. I still haven't even finished 3ds version or galaxy 2 lol So just gonna focus on smash

Dango    824

Looking to become competitive when the Wii U version comes out. I am mediocre right now, but if anyone who is competitive in older versions PM, Melee and wants a training partner that would be rad. 

iDunnoBro    822

Yea gonna try to get competitive this time too, training partner would be cool

be sure to check out the ladder for a higher cut of player: http://www.smashladder.com/netplay

Tried to get into the scene with brawl but had to metro and bum rides off of chudat everywhere to play a shitty game so i didn't keep it up for long

Finally getting a car this weekend and I actually clicked with a good char this time so the stars are aligning to get competitive. My DHD is tearing ass on anther's ladder. Lost to a laggy lucario, DHD's kill moves are like 1 frame fuck. Got him to like 180% each time and had to kill via rage can or uair. But won all my other matches by a fair amount, not feeling the bad MUs people say about DHD yet so much, plan to train a sonic to deal with them

Seems like PM is still gonna go strong though, might try to get a netplay setup for that too if smash 4 feels like it'll go the brawl route.

773 202 LUNA    2908

acquired a wii u today and having a second gc controller coming in the mail on thursday.  i am ready

• Upvote 1

Aaron    2055

idk whether to buy a wii u now during "black friday" admittedly not as good as the ones in america.. 

or just wait till christmas. 

my ads has been my most fun gaming device of the year so my faith in nintendo atm is fairly high. just wish there was more info on fire emblem x shin megami which is possibly my most anticipated title. 

MrMcThrasher    1274
So apparently Mewtwo is ONLY going to be available to those that own both versions of the game, as Sakurai decided that he didn't want to do payable DLC. Apparently he didn't want fans to think that they were getting an incomplete game or some bullshit.

Forlum    9162
^they actually tweeted an update to that

So for now, mewtwo is only free dlc upon his releaseif you own both games
but in the future you "may be able to purchase"

773 202 LUNA    2908

so the local gamestops/walmarts in my area don't have the bundle/adapter and won't have them until saturday or so  :/

might as well just buy the game and unlock stuff on the gamepad while i wait

Bhurt    170

yea i gotta pick up the adaptor tomorrow

good luck

• Upvote 1

Arshen    3898

YEAH GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE AT MSRP 

I'm so pissed at my gamestop. 

Vincent210    510

So apparently Mewtwo is ONLY going to be available to those that own both versions of the game, as Sakurai decided that he didn't want to do payable DLC. Apparently he didn't want fans to think that they were getting an incomplete game or some bullshit.

Respect the thought, implementation sucks. At the same time if that's the case just make it a free bonus. Rosters should ideally be universal, so all forms of non-free or requirement-reliant characters are poor implementation really.

Bhurt    170

Im super paranoid that i wont be able to get the adapter for a long time. hopefully i can just go to walmart or something in the next week and just get it, but damn its ridiculous. Also the muscle memory i have built up from brawl makes playing with the gamepad very unenjoyable = (

Arshen    3898

they jacking up the prices on you?

I'll just link this article, as it has pictures of prices. 

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-gamecube-adapters-sold-out-online-prices-g-1662162871

Gamestop.com is out. Walmart.com is out. Amazon.com has a few available, but from third-party sellers inflating the price due to scarcity. As I wrote this article, someone bought one of the four available for $118.

Nate1080    1240

Im super paranoid that i wont be able to get the adapter for a long time. hopefully i can just go to walmart or something in the next week and just get it, but damn its ridiculous. Also the muscle memory i have built up from brawl makes playing with the gamepad very unenjoyable = (

Don't have a WiiU pro controller?