Animal    121

King Los

MMG

Yo Gotti

Young Jeezy

Big KRIT

Waka Flocka Flame

Gucci Mane

Currensy but the only mixtapes I like is New Jet City and Cigarettes and Boats.

Some Ritz but only off the White Jesus Revival

• Downvote 1

nathanial swank    7456

I want some more MF DOOM

I love MF DOOM so much

Everyone here has heard Madvilliany right ??

»infinite    2317

Gave J Cole's album a listen and I thought it was meh. You would think that a brother who graduated college with high honors can rap about something other than the women he fucks and the money he's gonna spend on shit. Not that that's a deterrent it just made the album run of the mill type of shit from me especially considering this dude thinks he's the second coming of Nas and markets himself as a lyrical rapper. Also the first song almost ruined the album for me with him dropping the f-bomb left and right. Some songs was ok others flat out bored me. Over all it wasn't very memorable for me.

my sentiments exactly. the old cole (lost ones) had very meaningful lyrics that hit home for people going through those situations. ya kno, situations that normal people go through? now its just run of the mill fame rapping.

It's gotta be the Jay-Z influence man

»orangeeyes    11863

giel is mad he hasn't found any obscure rappers to pretend to like in awhile

• Upvote 7

Soul    7942
Clearly isn't working hard enough since Jimi has been doing a damn good job at that.

Living Legend    3798
I'd rather talk about something interesting than debate how trash born sinner is or fellate Kendrick Lamar/ Joey bada$$
  • Upvote 2

»infinite    2317

I'd rather talk about something interesting than debate how trash born sinner is or fellate Kendrick Lamar/ Joey bada$$

Sorry I can't be as hip as you, sis. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

»infinite    2317

That has nothing to do with anything

Like you say you want to talk about something interesting other than what the thread is currently fixated on but you haven't attempt to start a conversation around the rappers you like. You just said "y'all talking in circles about the same people" and proceeded to post a list without any links to music or descriptions of what these dudes are like and why you care for them. I'm really interested in what you post in this thread but you really can not complain that it isn't going your way when you did nothing to remedy it. 

Living Legend    3798
I have no interest in discussing hip hop with my closest friends let alone random ppl on the Internet, and I could care less if the thread is "going my way". I was responding to souls bitchassery. It is just kind of lame, as a hip hop fan, to see everyone discussing the same handful of people when there are so many artists out there doing interesting things. I gave a list not to flex but to turn people on to what's going on that they might not have heard of, but you gotta dig a little yourself. They are all very good but tree's Sunday school mixtape (the first one) and deniro Farrar's the patriarch (I haven't heard patriarch 2 yet as its a $5 bandcamp) are both excellent tapes. Also 1 thing I can agree with is that run the jewels slaps hard.

Soul    7942

bitchassery? girl dont tempt me.

Dirk    1956

tyga is probably my favorite mainstream rapper rite now. some of the other guys are just seriously not that good anymore ( lil wayne mainly)

My friend showed me time flies and he does some nice freestyles

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Soul    7942

is that post a joke? legitimately interested.

»orangeeyes    11863

Earl Sweatshirt - Hive (ft. Casey Veggies and Vince Staples)

[spoiler]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0FcDXL5Aw0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/spoiler]

filthy

• Upvote 3

»orangeeyes    11863

I just hope he has some more lively flows and songs than what we've seen so far. Still love the lazy flow but he literally looked like he was about to fall asleep while rapping at some parts

• Upvote 1

»Ray    1888

why did someone neg brotacular for his perfectly valid opinion? I prefer Whoa to Hives but I think he's right, Chum is the star single thus far. 

anyway I think my favourite rappers right now are Danny Brown and Chance. Danny's pretty hilarious and has some really angry but great beats, which can be pretty dark and give him a kind of unique sound. Chance is just really easy to listen to, his flow is great, his rhymes solid, and his early-Kanye inspired use of samples is really great. I mean the guy sampled Tom Waits on his first mixtape ffs. 

oh and also, drake has been great lately. always been a fan of his but his new tracks, 5am in Toronto and the Motion, have just been awesome. 

• Upvote 1