Soul

For those looking to pick up programming

Soul    7942

http://www.codecademy.com/

Been using this site for approximately 2 months now. I've found it to actually be insanely helpful and really builds up in difficulty to test your skills. I took a few programming courses thus far in college, but after a few semesters of not using what I've learned, I soon forgot it near completely. This rapidly restored the skills I had and then some. It has a wide selection of languages to choose from as well. Best part? Completely free. I've found it to be a great tool to help me whilst completing my bachelor's in IT. Maybe someone will find use for it as well.

• Upvote 21

+Paraliel+    8031

http://www.codecademy.com/

Been using this site for approximately 2 months now. I've found it to actually be insanely helpful and really builds up in difficulty to test your skills. I took a few programming courses thus far in college, but after a few semesters of not using what I've learned, I soon forgot it near completely. This rapidly restored the skills I had and then some. It has a wide selection of languages to choose from as well. Best part? Completely free. I've found it to be a great tool to help me whilst completing my bachelor's in IT. Maybe someone will find use for it as well.

I can't pos this post enough. I use this site a lot and it is a really good place to learn.

• Upvote 2

»Paxman    4776

It's a fantastic source. Just remember to also read documentation and experiment. I can't tell you how much I've learned about JS and PHP using the Google API for the past 5 months for work. Everything I didn't understand in college about objects, JSON, AJAX and all that shit is astoundingly easy if you pay attention to documentation.

Absolute POS. 

Also I really wish we would start a thread to help everyone out with different languages since I would love to learn more shit and am decently proficient at JS, PHP and some SQL.

EDIT: As opposed to separate threads for singular questions where it seems people post their damn homework to be debugged (which I too am probably guilty of).

• Upvote 1

NetRepTodd    202

immediately bookmarked.

I'm a Computer Info Systems student at my school, about to graduate.  havnt had a programming class in a while, and i'm taking my senior project class this coming semester. yeah this is really insightful.  thanks.

Chaos Ray    5

Nothing from the C family or plain old Java?

At least Python is there and would be a good benefit to one to me being a graduating college senior after finishing the spring semester and then needing to go out to the job market.

Bookmarked.