infinite

Kill La Kill, New Show by Hiroyuki Imaishi

»infinite    2317

We usually wait for a series to premier before making a thread about it but I thought I'll give this one special treatment considering that it's the first series from the new animation studio Trigger which is comprised of ex-Gainax staff specifically the guys responsible for Dead Leaves,Gurren Lagann, and Panty and Stocking.  

tumblr_mmje5edfpD1rw9b6io1_1280.jpg

-Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi (Dead Leaves, Gurren-Lagann, Panty & Stocking)
-Series Composition/Script: Kazuki Nakashima (Gurren-Lagann, Oh! Edo Rocket, Kamen Rider Fourze)
-Character Designer: Sushio (One Piece Movie 6, Kittan-Zero)
-Animation Production: Trigger (INFERNO COP, Little Witch Academia)

Plot

-"High-school girls and ruthless sword-fighting action! In an academy ruled by power, a transfer student wielding a sword that looks like half-scissors brings about upheaval."
-The academy is located in a post-apocalyptic setting inspired by the industral revolution of the Meiji Era and the Tower of Babel
-The setting has uniforms that match an individual's talents/skills and give them special powers in accordance to their personalities. The main characters are Ryuuko, the mysterious transfer student, and Satsuki, the Student Council President. Satsuki is trying to rule the Academy with the power of her uniform but Ryuuko resists this control. The show will be a character drama centered around both of them and the story will develop through their clashing.
-Confirmed 2 cour; roughly 24-26 episodes

PV

http://youtu.be/6FQU_eovRCU

I'm hyped.

• Upvote 5

»infinite    2317

I really don't like the animation and tone of this (to be fair I wasn't a big fan of the animation of tengen toppa and still enjoyed it). The tone worries me far more considering I have great expectations for this. 

The animation (if I'm on the same page as to what you mean by that) looks great and part of the reason why this is hotly anticipated. You sound like you wanted this to be a Little Witch Academia series instead and I aint even mad at you.

HououinKyouma    812

HS released already, but I do know a lot of people who refuse to watch them. The show was just over the top pure fun. It met all of my expectations. It will be hard to top this for AOTY.

HououinKyouma    812

i have a lot of problems with their use of fanservice, especially with like the scenes of her putting on teh costume, but other than that i really enjoyed the first episode and can't wait to see more.

With Imaishi in charge, expect much, much, much more fanservice.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msWbNfEOFlk[/spoiler]

[spoiler]http://s2.zerochan.net/Yoko.Littner.full.110457.jpg[/spoiler]

Guru    736

AOTY nominee right here.  I absolutely loved every minute of it.

»infinite    2317
Soooo like this was pretty amazing.

Only things I ain't like was the ones Kafka already pointed out

Kahu    2419

Good ol' Nagai Go styled Ecchi Hot Blood.

well this was...umm yeah

Ive never watched TTGL so iunno if its similar but this was way WAY over the top plus all that fanservice, i was actually sweating while my sisters were there figuring if i'd have to explain any of this

but yeah I liked it alot.

Guru    736

well this was...umm yeah

Ive never watched TTGL so iunno if its similar but this was way WAY over the top plus all that fanservice, i was actually sweating while my sisters were there figuring if i'd have to explain any of this

but yeah I liked it alot.

go watch Gurren Lagann... RIGHT THIS SECOND!

• Upvote 4

Wes    299

I hope the unneeded fanservice won't take away from this anime.

I mean, I don't mind fanservice but why have it in this type of anime lol