constantly_influenced

Dangan Ronpa

never played the game but the first episode reminds me of a more modern/colorful version of battle royale mixed with elements from the saw series

all characters are vastly eccentric and really can't feel anyone of them

main character is so basic

main bitch is so basic

teddybear is trying to be too cute while being evil.  no mesh

but ill still keep watching it.  its only 11 episodes

HououinKyouma    811

Lived up to my expectations for it. Rooting for Supah Hacka, Super Novelist, and [spoiler]Super Detective.[/spoiler]

Episode 2 was great. 

I loved that [spoiler]The two girls got killed immediately.[/spoiler]

However, I was disappointed by 

[spoiler]The trick they used to reveal the killer. Kinda felt it was too obvious but is a classic in the mystery genre. Kinda glad they only briefly mentioned it though. If I hadn't watched it a second time, I would have missed it. [/spoiler]

~Deadborder~    5156
If you're impatient, there's a translation/LP of the first game over on Something Awful. If you've got the time I definitely recommend it.

The mysteries do become a bit more complex - remember, the first one is "introductory".

Matticus    2253
Yeah, I remember my buddy telling me that the first mystery is just the tutorial in the game or w/e, so it'd make sense if it was simple, as it's designed to ease the player in.

Shruikon    206

I think the major hint for the first mystery is probably a lot easier for us English speakers too - probably a little trickier to notice for the Japanese!

Y'know, assuming I have it right anway, haven't played the game at all or anything.

I think the major hint for the first mystery is probably a lot easier for us English speakers too - probably a little trickier to notice for the Japanese!

Y'know, assuming I have it right anway, haven't played the game at all or anything.

Tbh its a classic with those types of hints in the mystery genre. Its only suppose to be the first intro mystery so not much was expected. Hopefully the next one is trickier. 

HououinKyouma    811

I just watched episode 3 today and was pretty glad that they didn't butcher the Phoenix Wright-esque way the trial was supposed to be. Still very unimpressed by the strawberry smoothie blood and I feel that they could of done more with the Leon execution scene. It has "passed" the 3 episode rule in my book though so I'll probably be sticking this one out until the end.

I just watched episode 3 today and was pretty glad that they didn't butcher the Phoenix Wright-esque way the trial was supposed to be. Still very unimpressed by the strawberry smoothie blood and I feel that they could of done more with the Leon execution scene. It has "passed" the 3 episode rule in my book though so I'll probably be sticking this one out until the end.

I don't care about the blood because at this point its purely an aesthetic thing, but the execution I am on the fence about. I felt that ripping it straight from the game (which I googled for this trial after the episode) was kind of cheap. I felt they could have honestly done a lot better. On the other hand, for people who played the game, the execution was probably a nice touch for them. 

~Deadborder~    5156

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YaTXLAkiITw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7L6eJYT-ZNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

+Paraliel+    8032

I'll take a look at this but I'm not expecting much. The game wasn't to my liking.

HououinKyouma    811

I'll take a look at this but I'm not expecting much. The game wasn't to my liking.

I think the adaptation is probably worse than the game, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Adept    1230

I liked the premise going into it, but at this point I feel like they could've executed it alot better.

• Upvote 3

HououinKyouma    811

I think the main problem so far has been the pacing and the staff's reliance on the game. I feel like taking the execution scenes straight from the game really detracts from the show, since the executions feel so out of place every time they come up. The pacing issues I guess could be expected since this is a 1 cour, but this show would have really benefited from being 2 cour (just like AB! in that regards) because the murders are just happening way to close to each other.

HououinKyouma    811

I couldn't make it pass the first 10 minutes of the first episode. 

View on www.anime4fun.com Ronpa dangan charismatic and attractive 

Best spambot of the year.

~Deadborder~    5156

while I'm kind of a sick fuck in that I wanted all the executions to be as brutal as Leon's I can still appreciate the later ones

- because they are funny, delicious butter
- because in a way it's worse. instead of having a simply brutal death, your last moments become a farce, monobear gets more despair, etc

(obviously it was done because they needed to avoid getting an adult rating for the game but this works too)

HououinKyouma    811

[spoiler]being burned alive while having a fire truck hit you is the prime definition of irony[/spoiler]

My favorite death by far. Also am I the only one that finds the ending catchy as fuck?