Faint

Supernatural

Faint    5726

Honestly it would shock me - god has always been the biggest thing - even Amara said this season "there was no father" - all signs are pointing to the death of God as well as the death of Sam/Dean I think. 

Not sure what will happen to Lucifer, Gabriel etc.

I found it very interesting when God said "Lucifer wasn't the favorite" - perhaps hinting at one more thing we didn't know about?

~NeoArkadia~    2794

"There was no father"

But that doesn't prevent a "Mother".

Also the series can't end with this season.

It's already been renewed and the actors confirmed to come back.

So.

Lol.

Faint    5726

It'll be a mistake trying to go bigger than God. I think the "Lucifer wasn't the favorite" line is the key - one more archangel at least.

~NeoArkadia~    2794

The problem is they took a strong episode. And then made the finale after it three episodes.

Which is generally going to kill things.

It'll be a mistake trying to go bigger than God. I think the "Lucifer wasn't the favorite" line is the key - one more archangel at least.

I expect them to fuck up at this point to be honest, since they got to the point they needed to drag God in at all. And we'll get God's Mom. Because the show will not end.

15 hours ago, NeoArkadia said:

The problem is they took a strong episode. And then made the finale after it three episodes.

Which is generally going to kill things.

I expect them to fuck up at this point to be honest, since they got to the point they needed to drag God in at all. And we'll get God's Mom. Because the show will not end.

Yea but that was arguably the best episode of the series and one of the best writing/acting jobs ive seen this yr. The placement of the episode wasnt the best but not the worst either. The follow up was horrible.

This is where i wanted to see God sacrifice himself possibly in vein even or even just to seal amara away.

lucifer could be then be the focus of the final/next season which would be great. This whole united direction is just such a letdown

~NeoArkadia~    2794

I'm saying they made it a letdown by making it Episode 20 out of 23 instead of Episode 22 of 23. The other two episodes are going to be filler cruft.

1 hour ago, NeoArkadia said:

I'm saying they made it a letdown by making it Episode 20 out of 23 instead of Episode 22 of 23. The other two episodes are going to be filler cruft.

im agreeing with you, but still 20/21 of 23 isnt bad as long as the finishing two build off the last one. This one didn't do that. 

Faint    5726

I mean they could still turn it around but plot wise that really wasn't great writing, especially compared to the last episode. 

Faint    5726

What a weak finale

everest    195

It ended that way in part because the show runner Carver is stepping down. He certainly redeemed it from the shit that was seasons six and seven. Couple of great arcs the past few seasons, and imo 11 was a very strong season. Loved having Lucifer back, but I agree the finale could have been significantly better. 

42 minutes ago, everest said:

It ended that way in part because the show runner Carver is stepping down. He certainly redeemed it from the shit that was seasons six and seven. Couple of great arcs the past few seasons, and imo 11 was a very strong season. Loved having Lucifer back, but I agree the finale could have been significantly better. 

I somewhat agree with this but only because the past seasons were so bad. Episode 21 was so good that everything else looked so terrible in comparison. 

~NeoArkadia~    2794

I dunno, I liked that the season's ending kind of subverted the usual "Blow up the big bad" finale the show's repeated every season. Where instead of blowing up Amara, she got a redemption.

Though, I suppose going to something more "Down to Earth" with focusing on the Men of Letters sort of makes sense for next season.

Assuming the Show Runner for next season doesn't repeat Season 6 and 7 (7 especially. 6 could be stomached as 'starting over' Post Script, but 7 just turned into stupid political trash.)

Faint    5726

I liked the first half of the season a LOT where there was the whole buildup to Lucifer and his BRILLIANT reintroduction - I particularly loved the mid-season finale.

Aside from 21 I thought that the second half of this season was very very weak. 20/21 were so fucking great but I thought the rest wasn't very good at all.

The issue is where can they really go from here? They can't really get any bigger than the darkness, and now that Arc is complete they have no real way of ending on a high when it finally does come to a close...

Faint    5726

Yeah but it feels very "been there done that" kind of situation now. I don't think there is enough material available to warrant another 3-5 year arc (which is what this show tends to go in, I'm obviously trying to rid leviathans from my mind)

39 minutes ago, Faint said:

Yeah but it feels very "been there done that" kind of situation now. I don't think there is enough material available to warrant another 3-5 year arc (which is what this show tends to go in, I'm obviously trying to rid leviathans from my mind)

I really think mom was only brought back got closure purposes. Last season was pretty symbolic of this as it tied up many of the loose ends that plagued the series. Not to mention the new reaper made it a point that dean and sam wont be revived anymore (basically the show writers waybif saying the end is near). Lucifer was destroyed, god was revealed. There really isnt much left to wrap up other than their mom and the final boss

~NeoArkadia~    2794

And any final bosses by now might as well be Crowley, Crowley's Mom, and the Men of Letters' remaining members.

everest    195
18 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I really think mom was only brought back got closure purposes. Last season was pretty symbolic of this as it tied up many of the loose ends that plagued the series. Not to mention the new reaper made it a point that dean and sam wont be revived anymore (basically the show writers waybif saying the end is near). Lucifer was destroyed, god was revealed. There really isnt much left to wrap up other than their mom and the final boss

Idk about lucifer being destroyed. Supernatural has hired Rick Springfield to play his vessel for at least a couple episodes, allegedly using multiple vessels according to producers at san diego comic con. So maybe he will be the big bad for the season.

20 hours ago, NeoArkadia said:

And any final bosses by now might as well be Crowley, Crowley's Mom, and the Men of Letters' remaining members.

Forgot about this, but next season is looking to resolve that as well so it plays to my point somewhat. 

3 hours ago, everest said:

Idk about lucifer being destroyed. Supernatural has hired Rick Springfield to play his vessel for at least a couple episodes, allegedly using multiple vessels according to producers at san diego comic con. So maybe he will be the big bad for the season.

That's fair, but if the Sister of God couldn't end him, then wtf can? Given God is a thing now, using Lucifer as a main villain just seems to lack firepower. Plus the Men of Letters kind of foreshadows something bigger is coming (seriously what's left at this point?). I'm not saying Lucifer won't have a role, but several things would need to happen before he could become a credible threat.