Statutory Ape

2nd Place NAWCQ Report

α    340

He drops and early priestess on me and I take it with puppet plant kill his kycoo with it and then use its effect to kill itself. 

uh...
  • Downvote 1

+greasy thug    18941

its impressive you don't get enough recognition for your feat

congrats for your 2nd place showing and hope you represent dgz well

+greasy thug    18941

He drops and early priestess on me and I take it with puppet plant kill his kycoo with it and then use its effect to kill itself. 

uh...

whats wrong?

»Relianah    4515

uh...

what's the problem?

α    340
Oh my bad I thought he used priestess' effect twice, he probably attacked kycoo with it
I'm an idiot
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Evolution`    2037

I think he misread what the kid said. He is saying he attacked over kycoo then killed itself. He must have read it as him using priestess to destroy kycoo with its eff.

Hanzo'd

Statutory Ape    220
[quote name="Relianah" post="3525589" timestamp="1374019625"]GRATS BOOK GUY IN BLUE SHIRT![/quote]THANKS MAN I APPRECIATE IT! Yeah I attacked kycoo then removed to kill the priestess my bad. Ill edit it to be more clear when I'm not on my phone. [quote name="Exiled" post="3525606" timestamp="1374020460"]its impressive you don't get enough recognition for your feat   congrats for your 2nd place showing and hope you represent dgz well[/quote] Thank you, Ill try to do you guys proud in Vegas.
  • Upvote 1

+rap tap    20144

was cool to see you

good luck to team america

• Upvote 2

Ordyh    332

Congrats my old friend. Always knew you were gonna get to that point.

What's your Extra Deck?

Statutory Ape    220
[quote name="ɹapture" post="3525842" timestamp="1374036579"]was cool to see you   good luck to team america[/quote] Thanks man, we have a sick team. [quote name="Ordyh" post="3525862" timestamp="1374038136"]Congrats my old friend. Always knew you were gonna get to that point.   What's your Extra Deck?[/quote] Thanks bro. Added in the extra, I only used shining elf and gachi all weekend though.
  • Upvote 1

Dont Forget    609

Did you know you win game 1 if you played properly?

Magician for Power

Master copy Power

Book of Moon his Blaster

Search Judgment + Secrets

Activate Judgment

Activate Secrets searching Fate (1)

Activate Star Hall (2)

Activate Star Hall (3)

Set Solemn + Fate

Get Secrets, Eternity, Fate Special Summon Jowgen

Play Fate from your hand banishing Draco (You would have Secrets, Master, Judgment, Power in your grave when you activated the Fate banishing 3 would leave you with 2 to protect your jowgen from being run over the following turn or to flip Magician face down if he had tried going for game over your Magician)

Then on your next turn you just win the game regardless of anything he does.

Could you please explain to me why you thought your play was better? Also nice job on 2nd place!

There are lots of variations on this play, all of which are better than whatever you decided to do. You also should have won game 2 in the finals at worlds.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Statutory Ape    220
For the finals of worlds I shouldn't have played like my opponent was American. I could have solemned the first tsuk but I was assuming I could set up again next turn and still have the solemn while he was low on resources. He had rejuv which I know a lot of good players side out in the matchup. Ill post a report for worlds too most likely. At nationals you're absolutely right that play is much better and I don't really have an excuse other than nerves for not making it. It's fairly obvious too it's a damn shame.
  • Upvote 2

Dont Forget    609

I don't think Solemn Judgmenting Tsuku would have been good either, I think you were right not to do that.

"

Solemning Tsukuyomi would not have been the correct play at all. The game would immediately end to a Dark Hole at that point and there is absolutely no reason to take that risk. Using Judgment on the Rejuv followed by not summoning the 2nd Jowgen for no reason at all and Judgmenting out a Kycoo which is big enough to allow you to fate it back up after the Tsukuyomi flips it down on the following turn without Tsuku being able to run it over in battle would have 100% won the 2nd game when he summoned Jowgen on the turn after that to just completely lock the game down.

He did good getting 2nd place at nawcq and worlds, but there is no excuse for giving game 2 of the finals of worlds away. Based on how his opponent played his turn Keener should have known he did not have any outs besides Tsuku in his hand and shutting down the draws was unquestionably the best play and I just don't think it would have been possible to lose that game if he had played everything properly."

That is what I feel about game 2 at worlds. And yeah I was talking to a friend about it and at least for worlds we think you were just over thinking because of nerves :(. Good job at both events though wish you had won them both.

• Upvote 1

Statutory Ape    220
At that point in the solemning the tsuk was definitely wrong yeah. I don't want to be results oriented and convince myself it was right lol. Hitting the rejuv might have been the play, idk thank you though ill definitely learn from this one.
  • Upvote 3

Statutory Ape    220
[quote name="Sharpman" post="3547218" timestamp="1376331198"]Congrats on getting 2nd at worlds. Easy for people to point out misplays, but learn from the experience too.[/quote] Thank you, both events were awesome experiences and I learned a lot for the future so hopefully I can keep improving and putting up high finishes.