Relianah

YCS Toronto 2013 Aug 31-Sept 1st?

812 posts in this topic

wow i feel bad for you guys :(

everyone playing the meta will suffer a huge minus if they hit dragons and spellbooks LOL

Only reason I will probably go is because I live 2 1/2 hours away. I can go up for the weekend and not use any vacation time. Leave Friday after work and come home Sunday night.

Kind of hard to say no to that. If you have a long travel or even have to sacrifice a day of school/work, I honestly don't see it being worth anyone's time.

...unless of course it's anything other than the current format.

Jesus christ you guys are horribly whinny/annoying

wtf its current format? sigh... 

I really hope they make it new format even if its 1 day early!

Dont u live in Canada tho? Haha. Shh!

Konami updated the events page by removing the events which passed.

And did nothing about future events.

Professional company. Professional.

Dont u live in Canada tho? Haha. Shh!
yes but I'm okay with playing skillful dragon mirrors and rapping retards playing books because they're well retarded

and then your deck gets potentially crippled and loses more than half of it's value during the second day of the event

not everyone has access to the vast amount of cards you own, Gilles ;)

play day 1 in the old format

play day 2 in the new format with new decklists

play the top cut with goats

put additional 20 mins on the clock every round plz

It's not hard to acquire a 400$ deck I could go on but like if it's that big of issue why do you even care outside of just bitching to bitch. Idk maybe I'm in a bad mood but everything I'm reading just looks like fb/yugitube/pojo quality bitching and moaning and for whatever reason I expected more out of this place

And I realize you're not spending it because you can't afford it but like a playset of everything for fire fist (either build) wouldn't be much cheaper

The price of cards is not the issue. It is a matter of how a professional company runs their business.

I mean I am still going to go either way, but I really hope it is new format :x

Wasn't directed at you Joe :|

It's not hard to acquire a 400$ deck I could go on but like if it's that big of issue why do you even care outside of just bitching to bitch. Idk maybe I'm in a bad mood but everything I'm reading just looks like fb/yugitube/pojo quality bitching and moaning and for whatever reason I expected more out of this place

And I realize you're not spending it because you can't afford it but like a playset of everything for fire fist (either build) wouldn't be much cheaper

I wasn't implying that this was the source of all the bitching at all, I was implying that this is a huge disadvantage to having this YCS in the current format. I could go on and on about reasons why that's terrible but I'm not, I chose the most relevant issue to me. This all looks like typical DGz bitching to me, and it's for this exact reason;

they are... retarded

Also, you know me better than that, Gilles! I'd be hopefully borrowing cards from a DGzer rather than spending, and since every logical DGzer will be unloading most if not all of the shit that gets hit, it makes it much harder to find someone who can lend me a deck. Especially rather than in a new format where the intelligent DGzers are stocking up on all of the good cards before this event!

No idea why I just felt the need to explain my 'bitching' but eh! :S

I really don't have a problem playing this format for Toronto. I accept ALLLL the dragon mirrors.

Be it current format, new format, or sealed; it'll still be a fun event overall.  Since I plan to go down with a friend who's never been to Toronto before, and she's never seen a large scale event either, it'll be fun to show her new aspects about the game we play and the city as a whole.

All the playable decks could cost $50 per and id still be pissed. Who thought you could tease us so closely to a new format and get away with it? Not bashing this format, but the majority of people want something fresh.

Huge fuck up, and hopefully the attendance is low. Knowing the ygo crowd, you guys will whine your ass off, and yet this event will break an attendance record for Canada lol.

So we will never win or get through to anyone

This is the only Canadian event a year, so boycotting it isn't exactly an option

Just don't play.

This is the only Canadian event a year, so boycotting it isn't exactly an option

You say that like your missing out on your own college graduation or something. It's a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament lol.

Well when it's the only event close enough to go to (nats was an exception this time around for me) and you're in school for the rest of them, skipping it would be rather shitty

Edit: there's also the fact that I don't even mind this format, my only gripe is that they haven't posted it on the site yet. Or potentially worse, if attendance declines, they just stop doing ycs Toronto all together