yea touche amore's new effort is quite good, would recommend

"new effort"

son...

SON.......

"new effort"

son...

SON.......

what? they have 3 albums. new effort, new lp, new album, etc, etc.

»Ryu    2416

"new effort"

son...

SON.......

what? they have 3 albums. new effort, new lp, new album, etc, etc.

-__-

»Ray    1888

I don't even know what you're trying to say with that comment man, nor why you'd post it.

anyone heard the Tropic of Cancer debut? I don't know anything about it other than it came out on Blackest Ever Black and it's been getting solid reviews. Can anyone give me a heads up or recommendation?

Me too

I tried factory floor but it didnt click with me. The new national is ok, definitely not as good as the previous ones. Still has too much stuff i gotta listen to

»Ray    1888

I love Factory Floor but it isn't for everyone. It's pretty stripped back and a bit jarring. I find the National album nearly impossible to be enthusiastic about, it's good but I haven't actively wanted to listen to it since I first heard it. Did you guys like new Four Tet?

New Four Tet was fantastic, he's definitely exploring new sounds, an album that deserves more than a single listen for sure.

Has anyone listened to Darkside's debut Psychic? I have to say, what an album.

James.    1275

yeezus

tomorrow's harvest

shaking the habitual

mbv

immunity

old

muchacho

r plus seven

engravings

slow focus

my oh my, what a year.

• Upvote 3

Has anyone listened to Darkside's debut Psychic? I have to say, what an album.

This, for sure. Just queued it up and it's really damn good. Sorta reminds me of The Glow Pt. 2 in that it A. Does its own thing and has that sort of abstract feel to it, and B. Absolutely cannot be listened to without headphones.

I have to admit, though, Evil Friends may or may not be my current aoty only because I absolutely cannot stop listening to it. Still a lot of music to be released in the next two months, buuuut yeah. >_>

»lo fi    2612

whenever, if ever
mbv
talon of the hawk
hummingbirds
glow and behold

wondrous bughouse
sunbather
feast of love

• Upvote 2

+rei+    34669

I don't even know what you're trying to say with that comment man, nor why you'd post it.

we're full of anti hipster rhetoric but have amazingly hipster music taste i dont think it was rocket surgery

+rei+    34669
we'd also be beyond the point of a generic hipster label wouldnt we?

(semi-obscure indie, shoegaze, or post-punk inspired music is generally 'hipsterish' in this parlance)

i dont see how saying "new effort"  should  revoke grant to speak his brilliant mind here. is there a point in calling people here anti-hipsters or any general term for that matter? why not just judge the music instead?

i don't even know why you guys think i was referencing music taste. they were criticizing ryan for saying "new effort" as if they wouldn't say something equally as hipster-y (i mean, fuck, they cared enough to criticize him for saying "new effort" to begin with........) in a different (or, hell, even similar) context.

basically people being critical for doing the same shit they would do. aka hipsters hating hipsters. i seriously summed this up pretty concisely in the original post.

»Ray    1888

the point is not what you were saying, more how worthless a post it was. the posts you were responding to were worthless, too. basically just post about music in this thread, no need for all the weird trying to be funny by calling people out shit that DG seems to be plagued by.

and on that note, I listened to the Darkside album. Didn't think I'd like it much to be honest but wow, it's great. Sometimes the guitar can sound a little too Floydian, but I can live with that for the lovely production. Jaar can seemingly do no wrong.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34669
Chvrches_-_The_Bones_of_What_You_Believe
  • Upvote 2

homepage_large.c8fa5f87.jpg

loving it

[spoiler]

the point is not what you were saying, more how worthless a post it was. the posts you were responding to were worthless, too. basically just post about music in this thread, no need for all the weird trying to be funny by calling people out shit that DG seems to be plagued by.

then do you fathom the irony in you doing exactly the same thing?

ftr i am not trying to be funny; i'm just making an observation about the shitty nature of some behavior that happens on this forum. i don't really do it to elicit a reaction from you or anybody else, and certainly not "to be funny"...[/spoiler]

+rei+    34669
come on grant at least the album cover i posted had the actual title on it

»Ray    1888

if you note Grant, directly blow my comment noting how useless your post was I actually posted about music. your reflection on the shitty nature simply adds to it, so rather than perpetuating it by engaging in it, why not just ignore it and post about music? anyway, now I'm perpetuating it, so lets just put it to rest and discuss Chvrces.

I really don't like Chvrches. I feel like I should, they're right up my street, but I just find them so derivitave and bland. I saw them do a performance on Jools Holland too and their singer really doesn't seem to have much of a persona or confidence yet, which I think kind of comes across in her vocals.

on another note, new Rashad album is out. maybe not album of the year, but certainly worth giving a listen. lot more chill than last years record.