Mafia New Games Hosting Queue

+rei+    34402
You're up Paraliel

+rei+    34402
Libertarian Utopia mafia does.

+rei+    34402
id have to check the otehr ones but im not gonna stop a host from doing so

JackNBox    616
What are the major disadvantages of allowing role claiming? In the other thread, mr cook posted a couple of reasons why it's a good thing to allow so I'm curious why it would be a bad thing.

+rei+    34402

What are the major disadvantages of allowing role claiming? In the other thread, mr cook posted a couple of reasons why it's a good thing to allow so I'm curious why it would be a bad thing.

Identify the cop, wait.

Or paint a target on his back

In all honesty it's just waht I'm used to - I'll be allowing claiming in my next game and will probably make it host calls like most rules - i just have a lot of beef with the anti-'sniping' rule as it's basically a 'gimmie' to the town and its not an advantage i think is reasonable, necessary, or fair.

Mr Cook    473

I had a game pre-made for somewhere else, a Tekken mafia, but Rei has advised I hold back on that game for the time being till people become more experienced, but I may start designing a game catered to DGz, to introduce you guys to different concepts.

Mr Cook    473

Put me down on the hosting list for "Dueling Network Mafia"

I'll start planning it this week, but I go on holiday next week, so won't be able to host until w/c 16th September.

I'll tailor it to DGZ as well :D

Laser Cat    5612

Put me on the queue.  My game will be "dgz style mafia".

Why is mr cook ahead of me on the queue?  I posted this ages ago AND pmed you rei.

Also, considering the whole "dgz members as special roles" idea was mine originally, I'd be pretty pissed if cook gets first go at that....

+rei+    34402
Resend me the pm

Laser Cat    5612

Resend me the pm

Did so, but I originally sent it 8 days after posting on this thread about my intent to host a mafia game (because I wasn't put on the queue or anything...).  Incase you didn't recieve the pm I sent you today, here is a picture of the previous one.

m487.png

+Urthor    10167

I am committed to hosting racist Mafia at some point in the future, I just don't have a write up yet. 

What are peoples thoughts on doing it in a live format with 1h day/30 minute night and see people's thoughts on getting behind that?

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

I am committed to hosting racist Mafia at some point in the future, I just don't have a write up yet. 

What are peoples thoughts on doing it in a live format with 1h day/30 minute night and see people's thoughts on getting behind that?

Would depend on date I guess.

I assume this would be a weekend activity.

+Urthor    10167

yes ofc, the date itself can be figured out but it's almost guaranteed to be on a Saturday because all start times friendly to EST, PST and GMT are truly horrendous for Australia and that's the only time I could possibly do it.

It's just everything else about the format that needs to be worked on, round limits and such.  And to see if people would commit to a live one that's probably 7 hours minimum for at least a proportion of players. 

+Logic    1999

would anyone be interested in a naruto mafia?

I'd love working with you on this down the road (over hte next 2-3 weeks) if you like the idea of dual-modding a game?

• Upvote 1

+Logic    1999

I think we're taking a small intermission after these two games are done to fine-tune a couple rules and rei wants to make a mafia board to make sure things run smoothly.

Afterwards, that looks like it.