rei

Mafia New Games Hosting Queue

2079 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2017 at 6:30 AM, Markus said:

we should make vocaroo mafia, where we all make posts of our voice.

That sounds hella fun

Can I pre-/in to the next game, plz? I dont want to miss signups.

Let me host my game

??

1 hour ago, The_Be(a)sT said:

Let me host my game

??

Make a sign up thread. PSK said sure, but we can confirm with mafioso team later.

yeah beast is next followed by probably mascis if he can host; this is the order in which those were approved

just a heads up, something I wanted to try and I'm probably going to give it a go soonish is that instead of having individual sign-ups for each game, we will have 2 floating lists, one for small games, one for large  games. Players can sign up for either or both, then once we have enough people in either queue, we fire that game.

Thoughts on it?

9 minutes ago, Gemstone Mine said:

just a heads up, something I wanted to try and I'm probably going to give it a go soonish is that instead of having individual sign-ups for each game, we will have 2 floating lists, one for small games, one for large  games. Players can sign up for either or both, then once we have enough people in either queue, we fire that game.

Thoughts on it?

since I suggested it I obviously think it's a good idea, but showing my support again anyway as I think this will solve a lot of issues 

30 minutes ago, Gemstone Mine said:

Thoughts on it?

What's wrong with the current system? What problem does this solve?

I think every time we've had multiple games going at the same time, people have disliked it.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

What's wrong with the current system? What problem does this solve?

I think every time we've had multiple games going at the same time, people have disliked it.

It will run smoother, right now every time after a game finishes there's that feeling of waiting X days before another game fills etc. It's inefficient and it's the reason we can't get more than 10/15 people for games sometimes without tagging them 100x, and you had to PM people to sign up. Imagine if you had sign-ups running for the entirety of the game before, you probably would've had the people you need without any effort. 

going to start designing zoo mafia tomorrow, I need a mafioso for approval and also to co-host (mostly to post vote counts during the day and such)

6 hours ago, confuse rei said:

going to start designing zoo mafia tomorrow, I need a mafioso for approval and also to co-host (mostly to post vote counts during the day and such)

are you going to make fun of users in the game by naming the animals after us or something?

On 7/7/2017 at 8:51 PM, Gemstone Mine said:

Thoughts on it?

Problem with this is that some people can only play at certain times or under certain conditions eg. Zapp not being able to do 24/24, or people only being able to play games "if they start after a certain day" (which is seen in every signup thread btw)

Current system is good, dont try to fix something that aint broke

this is what I envision for the system:

game ends, we take a day or two break, gives people time to add/drop. We (mafioso) then decided which game is going next based on how many people are in the queue (assuming we have enough to fire a game). We announce the game that's going next, and host puts up their rules and a tentitive start time. We then give another day or so for the host to get his shit together and for people to add/drop based on the new game, then fire it (assuming the host doesn't need more time or want to start immediantly).

that would cover your concerns because it would give people time to drop in/out based on if they like the rules or not.

The current system isn't broken, but it is certainly way clunkier than we would like. There's no reason not to try a new system, this is a trial, worst case we can just revert to the current system.

Why not a calendar?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the current system of sign ups 

2 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the current system of sign ups 

i've seen enough lets change it

i really wanna see wwe mafia and dgz mafia mafia

On 7/8/2017 at 2:27 PM, confuse rei said:

guys guys dont fight over who's going to approve my game

3 hours ago, Winter Multi said:

i really wanna see wwe mafia and dgz mafia mafia

wwe mafia is happening

On 7/12/2017 at 7:33 PM, confuse rei said:

guys guys dont fight over who's going to approve my game

Approve yourself for the lols

I want to host matrix 6 with the requirement that only experienced players can join

(requirement: have had to play at least 5 games, reasonably active and serious. Floating is fine if the posts made actually provide content / reads / serious attempts. Spamming; gamethrowing, meming don't count for active serious game though. The host can refuse players if they have shown this kind of behavior multiple times, and can select who meets the criteria and who doesn't based on personal judgment). Thoughts on this?

(in addition; we could also do a "newbie" matrix6 where newer players + 3 more experienced players for balance would play. My goal isn't to exclude new players: but rather to make a seperation between "newbie games" and "experienced games" to prevent irritation: right now the bar is too high and newer players cant keep up) 

On 7/12/2017 at 4:56 PM, Mascis said:

wwe mafia is happening

Reveal hidden contents

why you tease me bro

2 hours ago, mark said:

I want to host matrix 6 with the requirement that only experienced players can join

(requirement: have had to play at least 5 games, reasonably active and serious. Floating is fine if the posts made actually provide content / reads / serious attempts. Spamming; gamethrowing, meming don't count for active serious game though. The host can refuse players if they have shown this kind of behavior multiple times, and can select who meets the criteria and who doesn't based on personal judgment). Thoughts on this?

(in addition; we could also do a "newbie" matrix6 where newer players + 3 more experienced players for balance would play. My goal isn't to exclude new players: but rather to make a seperation between "newbie games" and "experienced games" to prevent irritation: right now the bar is too high and newer players cant keep up) 

I like this idea.

You have to make Triple H the gravedigger though, cuz he's always burrying people

29 minutes ago, Broken Brilliance said:

You have to make Triple H the gravedigger though, cuz he's always burrying people

So what is the undertaker then?

Just now, Francis J Underwood said:

So what is the undertaker then?

I was trying to make a joke about Triple H please let me have my laughs