rei

Mafia Rules / 101

Mr Cook    473

Sniping is going to remain allowed - disallowing it just gives unnecessary advantage to the town - if town is not in LyLo its inherently suspicious, and if it is then the mislynch was likely going to happen anyway.

Mr Cook's idea is how I run all games I play and have played in - day ends when majority is reached regardless. I am NOT a fan of no-lynch, especially if its just because of lack of majority however.

Yeah, the rules really depend on what kind of game you're playing. I'm used to games in an experienced community, where everyone tends to have a role (no matter how useless) and there are very rarely any more than 1 or 2 Vanilla (roleless) townies in the game. In this type of game, characters/roles are not made public at the beginning of the game, and it is up to the players to research into the theme. By having the 50% rule or no-lynch, it means if the votes start piling up on someone, they can claim their role/character, and if it sounds feasible, then maybe the wagon switches to someone else, this brings a really cool dynamic to the games, especially when the Mafia can come up with their own fake claims to avoid suspicion, its a much more entertaining way to play games sometimes, and whenever my game comes up to host, that's the dyanmic we'll be using :D

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34625

No-lynch should only ever to happen if a majority votes for no-lynch.

Not lynching on tied votes is pretty wrong on a number of levels, it hurts the town immensely plus it allows individual players to force a no-lynch on its own.   3 votes for player a, 2 votes for player b and 1 player supporting no lynch can easily be sniped and turned into a no-lynch "undemocratically."

LyLo its inherently suspicious, and if it is then the mislynch was likely going to happen anyway.

wat.  "the mislynch was probably going to happen anyway," if Town was going to mislynch on LyLo Mafia wouldn't need to snipe in the first place​.  Sniping on LyLo does nothing but steal games unfairly.

You can't snipe in lylo without town already starting the mislynch train.

+rei+    34625
To expand on that how do you NOT snipe in LyLo?
"Well theres two townies left and one voted for the other one.... SHOULD I WAIT?"

+Urthor    10208

Sniping is switching your vote at the last second so you don't give town the opportunity to level accusations, force logic out of you, or react to the fact your voting pattern just turned extremely suspicious.  It's not sniping if you don't do it at the last second and give the town a chance to react to your vote.  I'm pretty sure you get that. 

Yes it obviously can't happen in 1 mafia LyLos, it only comes up in two or three Mafia scenarios

If there's a single mis-vote by town in LyLo, you can snipe.  The point is how is it fair that when all of town assumes that x-scenario is occurring, and voting accordingly, that Mafia can throw a last minute play and steal the win without conceding info from their voting pattern.  The single towny with the bad vote doesn't have the opportunity to change it or be convinced to change it.    

+rei+    34625
In any LyLo scenario there's unlikely to be more than 2 townies.

And I fail to see what makes that unfair inherently in a non LyLo situation

+Urthor    10208

In any LyLo scenario there's unlikely to be more than 2 townies.

And I fail to see what makes that unfair inherently in a non LyLo situation

3 town 2 Mafia, is that an extremely rare scenario?  I don't think there's been a single game so far on DGz with less than 3 scum,

It's unfair because you're not giving the mis-voter an opportunity to react, and changing the vote from a (correct) bandwagon is extremely suspicious, or at least fairly notable if there's strong logic backing it.  

+rei+    34625
The misvoter shouldn't have voted to begin with - he is solely at fault for the mislynch. I don't think its unreasonable to understand that in LyLo you can get hammered and lose - the stratagy there is 'dont be a moron when voting' - why do the mafia need to have a moment where they actually have sway to be handcuffed? - if you couldn't voice your suspicion well enough without voting, then YOU FUCKED UP and the mafia should not be punished for it.<br /><br />The mafia's only tool is more information, if you're saying 'oh they cant use it to force the day' that's pretty fucked up. They are exploiting a flaw in the town and I am incredibly unreasonable to give the town some bullshit safeguard because they need a babysitter to fix their fuckups.<br /><br />Any time limit/extension on close votes just reveals people as scum.

+rei+    34625

I'd also like to see discussion on 24 hour days vs 48 hour days and when 1 is more or less applicable than the other based on factors like game size, activity minimums, and some of the factors above.

This is up to the host each game

Sniping is going to remain allowed - disallowing it just gives unnecessary advantage to the town - if town is not in LyLo its inherently suspicious, and if it is then the mislynch was likely going to happen anyway.

Mr Cook's idea is how I run all games I play and have played in - day ends when majority is reached regardless. I am NOT a fan of no-lynch, especially if its just because of lack of majority however.

Yeah, the rules really depend on what kind of game you're playing. I'm used to games in an experienced community, where everyone tends to have a role (no matter how useless) and there are very rarely any more than 1 or 2 Vanilla (roleless) townies in the game. In this type of game, characters/roles are not made public at the beginning of the game, and it is up to the players to research into the theme. By having the 50% rule or no-lynch, it means if the votes start piling up on someone, they can claim their role/character, and if it sounds feasible, then maybe the wagon switches to someone else, this brings a really cool dynamic to the games, especially when the Mafia can come up with their own fake claims to avoid suspicion, its a much more entertaining way to play games sometimes, and whenever my game comes up to host, that's the dyanmic we'll be using :D

That sounds really good and if I host another game I'd probably follow this. I would like to hear your opinion on sniping and vote changing tho.

Also, rei, is it possible to make the posts in this forum un-editable (or at least leave a watermark in case of editing, for all players)? It could easily be exploited by people for changing votes and such.

• Upvote 1

Mr Cook    473

That sounds really good and if I host another game I'd probably follow this. I would like to hear your opinion on sniping and vote changing tho.

Also, rei, is it possible to make the posts in this forum un-editable (or at least leave a watermark in case of editing, for all players)? It could easily be exploited by people for changing votes and such.

This is definitely a worry.

+rei+    34625
i can (and will) force a watermark on edits.
  • Upvote 1

+Urthor    10208

req ban on Islickz from x amount of Mafia games.  RQing because you're just salt and ruining the game?  Go fuck yourself.

At the least you could ask for a sub, but even that's pretty bad.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

slickz    4289

The game isn't ruined you jackass, it helped the game. 
First time I've been modkilled, calm the fuck down

slickz    4289

And you can even go take a look at X amount of mafia games I've played, I've played near-perfect in every one of them. 
Stop overreacting, how is that game ruined?

• Upvote 2

+rei+    34625

req ban on Islickz from x amount of Mafia games.  RQing because you're just salt and ruining the game?  Go fuck yourself.

At the least you could ask for a sub, but even that's pretty bad.  

No.
  • Upvote 2

»Logic    2033

I think islickzs gets a little too excited when the sparks are flying, Otherwise he's a strong, consistent player.

he just needs to know when to step away for a few minutes.

+Urthor    10208

The game-state has clearly been hurt by the fact you've gotten yourself modkilled. 

You've been overboard with rage with all the salty pms you've sent out to me and other people, and you just blew up and just started openly claiming your role because you're in a rage that peopel can't see through the screen you put up.  Newsflash, the townies that survive at the end aren't usually the smartest, for obvious reasons.   Ok your super tight Mafia game isn't appreciated by people, Spheal with it.  

Can you just be less of an angry black guy and deal with the ups and downs, like at all?  Getting mislynched in a mafia game isn't the end of the world.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+rei+    34625

You've been overboard with rage with all the salty pms you've sent out to me and other people,

go on

»BoraxTheLean    7119

The game-state has clearly been hurt by the fact you've gotten yourself modkilled. 

You've been overboard with rage with all the salty pms you've sent out to me and other people, and you just blew up and just started openly claiming your role because you're in a rage that peopel can't see through the screen you put up.  Newsflash, the townies that survive at the end aren't usually the smartest, for obvious reasons.   Ok your super tight Mafia game isn't appreciated by people, Spheal with it.  

Can you just be less of an angry black guy and deal with the ups and downs, like at all?  Getting mislynched in a mafia game isn't the end of the world.  

pos'd for "black"

• Upvote 2

+Urthor    10208

qVtwvs3.png

There was no cheat.  I have too many tabs open in Chrome.  

tl;dr get in IRC faggits.  

slickz    4289
I still have the pm you sent to me in the arcanine game where you told me who was and who wasn't mafia. Lets forget that right? You even said you knew you were cheating but whatever.

I said " I fucking hate this town " that's it?
  • Upvote 2

slickz    4289
I sent arcanine the posts and proof of you cheating in his poke mafia game when you cheated by pming me