• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Patrick Hoban

1st Place North American WCQ Report

59 posts in this topic

that was a bitch move in turning this thread into a teaser report, but I won't act like urthor and actually just congratulate you for your hard earned win and hope you can do this site proud at worlds without doing something like this again

and to Wigley:  linking to konami is providing a source to the information since you won't see anyone from Konami posting information here

that was a bitch move in turning this thread into a teaser report, but I won't act like urthor and actually just congratulate you for your hard earned win and hope you can do this site proud at worlds without doing something like this again

and to Wigley:  linking to konami is providing a source to the information since you won't see anyone from Konami posting information here

And Patrick linking people to the second half of the article is information that wasn't posted on here

And Patrick linking people to the second half of the article is information that wasn't posted on here

but he could have posted it all here and link to the source.  he is the author of his own material.  What he did was nothing more than a tease to encourage people to click on the link which is a bitch move

Congratulation on the win and good report with excellent thoughts behind card choices! 

I don't care if you are advertising ARG here, but I learn a lot on the game from your reports/articles like I learn from the DGZ community, so I don't see a problem conjugating them when both are the pinnacle for learning and improving in this game.

but he could have posted it all here and link to the source.  he is the author of his own material.  What he did was nothing more than a tease to encourage people to click on the link which is a bitch move

It's a bitch move to support someone/something that's supported him for a while now? solid logic

It's a bitch move to support someone/something that's supported him for a while now? solid logic

it's a bitch move to force you to click it and is grounds for advertisement

who cares maybe????????

fuck

congrats buddy!

you're not forced to do anything, go away

If I'm not forced, then it's a fucking teaser, which is my main gripe with the report.  it's a fucking tournament report, I'm sure anyone that clicks on reports have the intention of reading the materials.  I'm stating my dissatisfaction with how he did that.

Congrats Hoban!  Who would have thought the guy I played so many casuals with back in the day would end up being our National Champion.

=]

congrats Patrick, can't wait to see you guys play @ worlds

it's like someone posting a news article in gen groundz, how lame is it that someone c/p's half the article and then says "here, click this link to read the rest!". just c/p the whole thing and link to the source. it's not outrage worthy or anything, it's just a really lame move.

good job pat!!! gotta rep them Merica chubbies.

good job pat. im glad that youre our yugioh champion, not like the past few who have been fuck boys.

Gj pat, thanks for signing my launcher :)

Also you guys care too much Just click the link :/

Wow them japs talking shit for worlds already

edit: Asian spammer flagger :(

none of you would have complained if he just put the link.

anyway congrats hope you smash it at worlds

who the fuck cares guys?

grats on the win breh gl at worlds

Congrats Patrick. SO excited for our worlds team this year. Between you and Aaron I'm really excited for the possibility of a DGz world champion.

I told you today to win at Worlds. Don't let me down. Good luck and congrats again.

It only takes a cut to the top 64 to break the bubble :)

Congrats on the big win. Don't disappoint.

urthor i actually can't believe you think you are in the slightest bit right to be the way you were in this thread. i don't think you guys realize sometimes that people like patrick hoban, the people that are actually winning events now, they don't NEED to come on duelistgroundz anymore to do well at these events. there was a time where this was actually the site where the best of the best consistently discussed yugioh and it actually led them to success in events, but that isn't so much the case now; more often than not their posts now are just correcting people who are blatantly wrong and stubborn about it (ironically, this tends to include you and even me). the real discussions that are actually of use to them tend to occur on like dn or AIM or xbox live chat or whatever. and how do we treat them when they do post? we make jokes about how pat hoban is fat and slam mike steinman for saying he was going to play a deck for an event and then deciding to play a different one. i know you guys all think it is cool to smash big name yugioh players now that allen regularly does it (and i'm not saying allen's criticisms are ill-founded either), but i urge you all to just be positive this once in light of one of our own (who dares to consider himself one of our own) winning yugioh nationals

Congrats on your win and good luck at worlds!

ARG writers can't put their tourney reports/deck videos anywhere other than affiliated sites and channels first.  Pat chose to post his report here as well because he sees DGz as his community, just like we all do.  But he still has to honor his boss and sponsor.