itswhatever

March 2010 "Edison" Format

+ACP+    33899

Looking to get in some testing before the big tournament starts. PM me on duelistgroundz if you want to duel.

»Barron    8037

They'll either be at random or scheduled: http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=164418

After i finish going through my mesgs/etc I'll post a time for a scheduled Edison Live, would you guys want it friday night or saturday night? This will be on EST btw. like 9:05pm EST friday/sat or 6:05pm EST sat something like that.

»Barron    8037

I'm hosting an Edison Format Live this saturday around the afternoon/evening depending on what time i get back home. I can have one hosted tomorrow night if there's enough interest or possibly earlier that day whichever just let me know.

Jazz    4721

i'm still on if people want to test/learn more about the format

appreciate the games and the tips man, sorry for the sackmania

I'm hosting an Edison Format Live this saturday around the afternoon/evening depending on what time i get back home. I can have one hosted tomorrow night if there's enough interest or possibly earlier that day whichever just let me know.

any possibility of sunday afternoon?

»Barron    8037

any possibility of sunday afternoon?

I can't say for sure, i will ask my TO team saturday since it's a bit early to call for something with them bc of irl things. If i can get on sunday it would be my afternoon so maybe 4pm EST [I'll keep the schedule updated daily].

+mmf+    23133
fucking everything was a deck
  • Upvote 1

petqwe    288

Is Dark End Dragon legal?

It was printed in 2011 but I then saw it being a prize card for SJC2009. Is it ok to have it included in the deck?

»Barron    8037

It should be, but there's like what 2 decks that can make that and have room? Blackwings and Flamvell Synchro. Anyways later today through monday night we'll try to have Edison Lives so if you can make it and are free it would be a good time to get some practice and/or watch others play.

+Mascis    4341

i must train

if you see me on today i will play you

+Paraliel+    8026

Allen, or anyone, can you give me in-depth reasoning on why Upstart Goblin is not good in Plant Synchro? I know the deck is control, but when you don't have access to Ryko/Lonefire you are kind of in a really bad spot and increasing your odds of opening those two cards seems good.

Also I can't for the life of me figure out why Twister did not see more play, it seems much better than Dust Tornado initially in decks that just need to not die to Royal Oppression.

+Gemstone Mine    2589

twister? the one that only kills face ups? Which is essentially skill drain, oppression, and bww? That isn't narrow at all. The problem being that dust is just a good card as mst 2 and 3, and twister is too narrow to main deck. Dust is slower, but in this format, having that much more utility is much better than being able to dust oppression on the spot.

Small numbers are huge in this format. The amount of games I've won or lost based on 1000 life points is actually pretty absurd. Like, the last game I played of edison I lost to jazz because he jabbed me with a night assailant on turn 3 or so and it cost me the game 30 some turns later. Also, deck room is really really tight, it's hard to jam everything you want in. Also worth noting that 3 ryko, 2 hamster, 2 lonefire is pretty close to staticially opening one of those every game.

+Paraliel+    8026

Like some decks really lose to Skill Drain and Oppression and don't care nearly as much about other backrow so I see no problem in it being a narrow MST since it is faster than Dust. It's much better than Dust going second.

+Urthor    10206

There's no deck in the format really that isn't happy enough to slowplay a dust tornado, and is that severely affected by floods.