fish man    142

Check out my interview with Aaron Riker: http://ygorganization.com/interview-with-aaron-rapture-riker/

this was the first article/update i read on the site, and i feel there are a couple of things that should be addressed in some capacity:

- i'm pretty sure it's Worlds (a proper noun/capitalised), not worlds

- your (written?) interview style is really jarring, and you introduce a question with "so, ..." about five times, which looks lazy and super repetitive

- pictures are really great to break up the monotony of white and black and bold and italicized text. if rapture is going to be a new writer, it'd be really good to have some sort of picture of him (in the vein of arg/tcgplayer etc) so your audience can visualise a real 'person' behind the writing, creating a more personal connection between your readers and your product

more general points:

- the 'donate' box is fine, but i'd place it a bit futher down (unless of course, a) donations are really vital to the upkeep of the website at the moment and b) you're actually getting a consistent stream of donations). personally, i think it seems a tad desperate to have donations above affiliates and player resources - things your readers are actually going to be interested in

- on that note, your first affiliate's picture is a broken link. they might not be happy about that!

- i actually like the mobile site, it's obviously unfinished but it's super lightweight and easily conveys the information through a phone-sized screen. the first thing i found that i dislike is the menu/navigation is massive compared to the rest of the website

- a pet hate of mine are hyperlinks coloured really close to the regular text colour because it becomes really hard to see what words are hyperlinks and what aren't. the dgz forum is a good example of hyperlinks that stand out yet don't break the colour scheme

i like the premise of the website as it offers tcg players a simple and intuitive way to learn the latest happenings of the ygo world, and specifically the latest ocg news that would otherwise only be accessible through shriek and forum posts.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll look into these things as soon as possible. The affiliate picture is broken, and I've informed them to please supply one that works. They're the ones who hosted the old one so it's on them. It bothers me that it looks that way. The mobile site is non existant, it's just how the site presents to you on a mobile. I'm glad it comes out alrightish though. Donations are vital right now only because the site isn't free and it has no ads at all. All the information we strive to provide are entirely free. That's why we've started up these tournaments, to fund the site. 

Lamp    1424

The donate button just leads to an error page on paypal for me. Might want to have that looked at.

~ness00~    1013

The donate button just leads to an error page on paypal for me. Might want to have that looked at.

We are looking for donations to fix that. Thank you for reporting this.

• Upvote 6

»Pharaoh Atem    15784

If any other buttons are amiss, let us know as well.

Kahu    2419

Random note, congrats to Rapture's first article.

»Pharaoh Atem    15784

Hey folks.

It's been a long while since this thread was made, and I've been doing some reminiscing.

Thank you for supporting our beginnings.

• Upvote 2

Nate1080    1246

2013 is a long ass time ago, damn time flies.

it’s been that long since I followed Shriek and Manjyome Thunder for OCG news.

• Upvote 1