POLLUTEDxDELTA

Intro to Goat Control

oliver?    689

Excellent intro, well done

There's a lot more to be said about Morphing Jar though, I've found that it's one of the most important cards in the whole format. Pro-Jar plays, setting Book/Ring and just Morphing Jar, then setting your hand and flipping it, using Tsukuyomi on your opponent's flipped Jar to get back into the game etc.

Also Pro-Storm seems worth mentioning also, although it has its weaknesses to Breaker/Dust

• Upvote 5

»Suicidal    267

or be like my opponent i had today and duo me for my 2cih and then flips his jar.

his reasoning was it was more liekly i'd draw serpent of the 5 i'd draw for jar so he just duo'd beforehand... autism level : pennington

• Upvote 8

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1859

Excellent intro, well done

There's a lot more to be said about Morphing Jar though, I've found that it's one of the most important cards in the whole format. Pro-Jar plays, setting Book/Ring and just Morphing Jar, then setting your hand and flipping it, using Tsukuyomi on your opponent's flipped Jar to get back into the game etc.

Also Pro-Storm seems worth mentioning also, although it has its weaknesses to Breaker/Dust

I recall doing that a month ago, my opponent got me pretty good with a Morphing Jar, and left it in face up attack. So I attacked it with Sangan, and then used Book to re-set it and draw a new hand - the end exchange was me with a +4. 

I personally don't like Morphing Jar, because I'm very stingy about giving my opponent any cards. From start to finish, I want complete control over myself and my opponent, and Morphing Jar adding 10 new factors to a game drives me up a wall like a cat running from a vacuum.

• Upvote 1

Phaze    92

This makes me want to make this deck again. Good stuff.

»Starwind    1793

Not bad, but your definition of staple is too inclusive. Cards like Jinzo, Tsukuyomi, Airknight Parshath, Asura Priest, Nobleman of Crossout, and Sakuretsu Armor, while commonly played, were and are not staples.

• Upvote 3

+Urthor    10206

NoC, isn't a staple.  Really?

Like ok, at some locals I get that, but if everyone's playing actual goat decks I don't see how you can't play both copies.  

• Upvote 1

Faint    5523

Impressive.

I rarely play against a deck that doesn't use Dust Tornado though - it's massively increasing in popularity.

Also, [i]Cyber Jar[/i]. I hate the thing, but it turns a game right on its head.

+Logic    2035

I remember when I played and everyone always bitched about how luck based and monotonous this format was.

Oh, our naivety.  

• Upvote 1

+Logic    2035

Also, does anyone remember 'pro storms'? I don't even know if it's applicable now-a-days, I haven't played in years.

Those were my shit. < 3

• Upvote 1

Soul    7991

Not bad, but your definition of staple is too inclusive. Cards like Jinzo, Tsukuyomi, Airknight Parshath, Asura Priest, Nobleman of Crossout, and Sakuretsu Armor, while commonly played, were and are not staples.

i can agree with you on every card but nobleman. 

RedSceptile    179
I really think Cyber Jar had its merits. Unlike Morphing Jar which can be easier to read Cyber Jar had its own specific niche as a pace setter. It's one of those cards that can completely decimate a strong push especially if your opponent has been lulled into a false sense of security.

Jazz    4725

Yeah I was probably too generous by naming some of those staples - but I can't imagine a deck without Tsukuyomi or Nobleman of Crossout.

Hardcore flip flop, or any deck where you don't want to x-out their faiths for fear of losing your own.

Model    812

Am I the only player that holds specific power cards to group together with others to create a huge swing of advantage or momentum in my favor? If their duo is in the graveyard I will hold Pot of Greed until I can generate the biggest advantage possible with the card, same with duo. I can't help but think playing pot is obviously great, but being even in advantage and you suddenly go up +4, it's heartbreaking.

Soul    7991

i mean thats cute and all, but no. strictly because that's all mental. most of it is just helping you feel better about your position. im sure no one likes pot being played against them at any point at the game, unless they are up by a few cards, and even then not really. only times i'd sometimes hold pog would be if i draw it while i have a MoF with no decent spells in grave. you are able to set MoF with decent protection and plus pretty decently without your opp even knowing its coming. this would be a successful mental tactic involving the card, and has a better application than what you are suggesting. that is probably the only scenario i would "hold off" on greed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

+Urthor    10206

There's plenty of good reasons to not give your opponent the info that you have pot, but Model's definitely isn't one of them.  Soul's certainly isn't the only one that ever existed.  

soul youre wrong

That's a standard as fuck MoF play, idek why you're calling Chris out.

For Model's, holding pot of greed so you can play it together with Graceful Charity is pretty dumb if that's the only reason, there's no point having an effectively dead card in your hand for so long just so you get the +1 when you're winning and don't need it.  Usually I hold it for that MoF play or because of morphing jar/the who blinks first scenario or maybe worrying about deck-out.

The thing is it's always a big judgment call depending on what cards are gone and the gamestate in general, there's no "right answer."  Slamming pot on the table is right 99.9% of the time, maybe there is a 0.01% case where denying the info that you have that +1 will bait them into dropping Mobius early or some other play, but that's so fringe.

obv this doesn't apply to grace/duo/other cards, Model's general point that people waste premature/delinquent/heavy at the worst times is right.  People don't know what draw pass is, they try to heavy storm two back rows to force through really weak play, slam duo on the table at the worst times just because serp went to grave, all of that's right.  

• Upvote 1

DarthChocoboz    298

There was one game i played where i opened with Duo, Pot and Jar. This is pretty obvious but i held off on both until a few turns later where i resolved the jar and ended up with a +6 on my opponent.

Today i encountered an interesting situation where i had an Exarion universe face up with a set dustshoot. it was my second turn and i had just swung over sangan, he searched serpent and had 5 in hand with 2 backrows. I played shoot sending back serpent and leaving him with graceful mirror force, snatch and tsuk. I heavy'd and duo'd him then.

I had Tsuk, Noc and Metamorph in my hand at the time, do you think i made the right play?