POLLUTEDxDELTA

Intro to Goat Control

94 posts in this topic

Cyber Dragon forces changes to the monster line up (weakens Exarion+Airknight) which potentially ups skill. Also makes activation and copy number of Scapegoat more relevant. Shockingly in Pre-CRV I find that 1x Scapegoat is all you need to keep your opponent honest (especially when they don't know you only run 1x). With CRV I can see myself running 2x again. You can even try waboku.

Drillroid is worse than MSLV2, it does not negate flip effects.

Machines are definitely relevant. Just bc they are all vanillas doesn't mean it can't work with 3x limiter. Cyber Stein is also legal in goat, as it was the SJC prize card for about a year beforehand.

Water Art is potentially nice bc you can set Serpent, chain water art to NoC or TER. You can also start asking "pass prio?" and they will think dustshoot and do something stupid like activate an MST from their hand to get down to 3 CiH. I think you need to run some kind of Serpent support though (tomato for sangan?) to pull it off well.

I was thinking the same with tomato into sangan for water art. The only other decent water monsters in the format are playable water monsters I cam think of are abyss soldier, penguin soldier, and mobius.

i saw it attempted back in goat format by i think max. mother grizzly, serpent, water art, abyss soldier. not sure if he mained mobius or not

After having played with a water deck for a while i can say that Aqua Spirit and Lekunga are good. Mermaid Knight, Fenrir and Jowls of Dark Demise are interesting choices as well but are harder to use.

Handle on DN: masterofgoats

What's the best way to look at the full card pool available during this timeframe?

What's the best way to look at the full card pool available during this timeframe?

If you want it in list form I could whip that up. I'd estimate it's like 2000 cards and a lot of them would be shit.

You can try this, though I have filtered it down to whatever I deem "playable," whatever that means
http://formatlibrary.weebly.com/cards.html

Hi guys!  :P

I came here since I would like to play goat format with some friends.

The topic is really useful. In particular, the first post is very very accurate. PollutedxDelta, thank you for the great job!

One question: why is Exarion good against GK Spy? Is it because a flip summoned spy can be taken down in combat by him? If so, it's quite strange because almost every monster in the format can do this. Please clarify.

Hope the discussion will go on.

Exarion essentially makes spy redundant because he's clinically better than GK spy.  It's not a case of Exarion>GK spy on board, it's just exarion does GK spy's job of having enough defence points to be giant soldier of stone when it needs to, answering beastdown decks dd assailant (which was far more common in 05 than on the internet in 2015 which puts GK spy in the shade a little but anyway) almost as well as Spy does AS WELL as running over tokens for 1400 and being an 1800 attack monster when ddwl/break/tribe/asura/other shit I'm not thinking of makes that a VERY valuable attack tier. 

This is primarily why dgz found exarion-less goats the superior format. It does 90% of what Spy does, 90% of what DDA does, 90% of what engaged battle ox or Asura Priest does, etc.

Goat format was so cool because people really believe it was so skill based that player preference existed.

Exarion largly invalidates all of those tech choices.

does anyone have a list of what fusions are legal?

Thousand Eyes Restrict
Flame Ghost
Dragoness the Wicked Knight
Darkfire Dragon
Amphibious Bugroth
Dark Balter the Terrible
Gilta the D. Knight
Cyber Saurus

Reaper on the Nightmare
Fiend Skull Dragon
Dark BLade the Dragon Knight
Dark Flare Knight
Elemental Hero Thunder Giant (only summonable by Miracle Fusion/Poly/Fusion Gate)
Metal Dragon
Roaring Ocean Snake
Ojama King
Ryu Senshi
Gaia the Dragon Champion (Spiral Spear Strike lol)
Cyber Blader (CRV)
King Dragun
Last Warrior From Another Planet

Twin Headed Thunder Dragon
Cyber Twin Dragon (CRV)
Gatling Dragon
UFOROID FIghter (CRV)
Meteor B Dragon?
Master of Oz
Cyber End Dragon

There's a couple other ones (vanilla level 5s-7s with inferior stats or typing), but I couldn't think of a single justification to ever use any of the other's available.

Thousand Eyes Restrict
Flame Ghost
Dragoness the Wicked Knight
Darkfire Dragon
Amphibious Bugroth
Dark Balter the Terrible
Gilta the D. Knight
Cyber Saurus

Reaper on the Nightmare
Fiend Skull Dragon
Dark BLade the Dragon Knight
Dark Flare Knight
Elemental Hero Thunder Giant (only summonable by Miracle Fusion/Poly/Fusion Gate)
Metal Dragon
Roaring Ocean Snake
Ojama King
Ryu Senshi
Gaia the Dragon Champion (Spiral Spear Strike lol)
Cyber Blader (CRV)
King Dragun
Last Warrior From Another Planet

Twin Headed Thunder Dragon
Cyber Twin Dragon (CRV)
Gatling Dragon
UFOROID FIghter (CRV)
Meteor B Dragon?
Master of Oz
Cyber End Dragon

There's a couple other ones (vanilla level 5s-7s with inferior stats or typing), but I couldn't think of a single justification to ever use any of the other's available.

im just trying to get a full extra deck, 49 cards away atm

On 3/17/2015 at 3:43 PM, Jazz said:

Drillroid is worse than MSLV2, it does not negate flip effects.

Right.  1600 ATK isn't much better than 900 ATK.  It's like what Chris Rock said about dropping out in the 10th grade versus dropping out in the 2nd grade.

1600 is too weak to be a beater.  It breaks even with Breaker/Tribe/DDWL/Tomato, and aside from that no other 1000-1500 ATK monsters exist. 

13 hours ago, banefulscolumn said:

Right.  1600 ATK isn't much better than 900 ATK.  It's like what Chris Rock said about dropping out in the 10th grade versus dropping out in the 2nd grade.

1600 is too weak to be a beater.  It breaks even with Breaker/Tribe/DDWL/Tomato, and aside from that no other 1000-1500 ATK monsters exist. 

i'm triggering so hard right now

Okay, go use Drillroid, a monster with no potential to plus, who at best, breaks even on a GK spy, before just about any decent beatstick beats it next turn.

Not saying Drillroid is maindeckable by any means, but if it were legal in goat it would be one of the better answers for Zoo to Spies and defense Exarions. The only thing that beats over it post-board is Exarion, since 1600 def keeps it out of Tsuk range. Having 1600 atk so you can actually clock them with the card makes it somewhat playable. Is it great? Nah, but the answers Zoo has to a resolved Spy are so terrible that Drillroid is actually a consideration.

39 minutes ago, Bazaar of Baghdad said:

Not saying Drillroid is maindeckable by any means, but if it were legal in goat it would be one of the better answers for Zoo to Spies and defense Exarions. The only thing that beats over it post-board is Exarion, since 1600 def keeps it out of Tsuk range. Having 1600 atk so you can actually clock them with the card makes it somewhat playable. Is it great? Nah, but the answers Zoo has to a resolved Spy are so terrible that Drillroid is actually a consideration.

Cyber Dragon would be a pretty good answer to spies in CRV Goat format.

Not to mention how different that whole format would be. Stein OTK and teched Steins would be rampant.

Just now, Jazz said:

Cyber Dragon would be a pretty good answer to spies in CRV Goat format.

Not to mention how different that whole format would be. Stein OTK and teched Steins would be rampant.

Yeah, CRV is totally different, which is why I specified if Drillroid were legal in goats, rather than if we were playing with CRV legal. Probably could've been more clear though.