Faint

Harry Potter Mafia: Day 1 - Mafia Victory

+Urthor    10210

yes he's just saying that generally, it's still day.

Going to bed, but I've got the person I suspected the most all of this game with his posting, staying on the edge and yet involved. 

Vote Wry9

Groot    526
If you hadn't noticed, thats what I did last game too. Also it was a busy weekend for me, so I lurked when I could, but refrained from posting till I had solid suspicions.

Wilson    12516

I am running this for Tom for a bit,

Mafia/hunters etc please PM me with your choices.

Chris, can you please answer my question about the inactives.

Edit to avoid doublepost: also I believe Tom said he start killing (or replacing I suppose) inactives today.

JackNBox    616
Replacing is obviously better if possible please since otherwise it's just a free kill and purely by numbers, odds are rei is a townie.

Wilson    12516

I agree, if he's not posting then chances are he's probably town, unless of course the mafia think they're going to be killed instead of replaced.

But some clarification on this point would be nice.

»Sharpman    4801
Urthor care to explain how you really think wry's posting style makes him worthy of a vote? Everybody has been hanging back - it's rather early.

Though, Wilson has been particularly jumpy throughout the thread. He was certainly quick to throw a vote on splatt and he's very curious about the fate of the inactives, which can be a sign of town, I'm more concerned about how quick he jumped on splatt yesterday.

FOS Wilson

Wilson    12516

Urthor care to explain how you really think wry's posting style makes him worthy of a vote? Everybody has been hanging back - it's rather early.

Though, Wilson has been particularly jumpy throughout the thread. He was certainly quick to throw a vote on splatt and he's very curious about the fate of the inactives, which can be a sign of town, I'm more concerned about how quick he jumped on splatt yesterday.

FOS Wilson

I am also curious about Urthors reasons, hopefully he will get up before this ends.

The jumpiness probably does look a tad suspicious, I concede that.

Frankly I felt I played the first game too passively, so when I was killed off I said to myself I would take a more active role.

And because I am currently on holiday I did not have reliable internet access, so I voted instead of just fos or hos-ing

My reason for voting Codeine Bryant was weak, and you must admit that Splatt jumped on that particular bandwagon (which was tenuous at best) with great gusto.

That to me was the most suspicious activity in the thread up to that point (tell me you disagree with that), and so I changed my vote accordingly. 

FOS on Ozymandias, he is online yet hasn't posted since the 9th, that looks like an attempt to keep a low profile to me.

Groot    526
After reading the thread over, I think Jerry's fucking with me.

FOS Sharpman.

»Liquid Snake    4567

Are people ok if I shorten the night phase slightly? I'll close 24 hours after the day phrase started as normal which will be at 11:19pm and then close the night phase the following day at 8am which is just before I leave for work.

Wilson    12516

people really aren't posting enough for this.

if people don't post then it's really hard to get any idea of where their allegiances lie.

fos my bloody arcanine, he's posted in the mushroom mafia thread later than he has in this one.

»Sharpman    4801
Care to explain your reasoning wry?

I won't remove my suspicions of Wilson yet (only for his suspicion of codeine, the splatt accusation was definitely warranted though unfortunate result)

Also, Malcolm. You seconded a vote to splatt for zero reason. Seems rather odd you'd jump in just to say your vote.

»Sharpman    4801
@malcolm, you also seem incredibly okay with another no lynch which sounds like a terrible idea. Care to elaborate on how a nolynch (outside of the whole not lynching a townie) would be a good idea?

IonCharge    691

No lynch is only really viable in games where you're allowed to role claim, where you can No Lynch until the detective find a mafia. 

• Upvote 1

people really aren't posting enough for this.
if people don't post then it's really hard to get any idea of where their allegiances lie.

fos my bloody arcanine, he's posted in the mushroom mafia thread later than he has in this one.

ugh well their thread is a lot more fun (and ACTIVE), even if im not playing.

Wilson    12516

i think ozy is inactive because he's moving
FoS iSlickz because he's been far more active in the FF mafia and now he's silent

lol, look at the post above this one.

• Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8030

Arcanine, that was terrible logic following what you just said lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Malcolm    4603

@malcolm, you also seem incredibly okay with another no lynch which sounds like a terrible idea. Care to elaborate on how a nolynch (outside of the whole not lynching a townie) would be a good idea?

we started the game with 16 players. statistically it is better to not lynch anyone on day 1 so we drop to 15 players and have a greater chance of winning the game. of course we lost the detective day 1 so fuck us.

i threw a vote on splatt because there was no information available and since mostly everyone is new (terrible) at the game i voted. look at the mushroom kingdom thread lol.

slickz    4303

FoS iSlickz because he's been far more active in the FF mafia and now he's silent

Wtf.  

There have literally only been 3 pages, plus it's early, plus i'm in the other mafia game too. In the final fantasy mafia I nearly got killed by the town (and you btw) because I was being so vocal. This town is just fucking itself over so I'm waiting for someone suspicious to pop up and nail them with solid logic and reasoning. I think it's suspicious how splatt got bandwagoned, but no ones done anything worthy in my book of an FOS yet

Not to mention this thread started on a weekend. Idk, but baseless fos'ing is bad townie. I know you want to get the game going but geez

i dont get it

we started the game with 16 players. statistically it is better to not lynch anyone on day 1 so we drop to 15 players and have a greater chance of winning the game. of course we lost the detective day 1 so fuck us.

i threw a vote on splatt because there was no information available and since mostly everyone is new (terrible) at the game i voted. look at the mushroom kingdom thread lol.

how do you suggest we should play then? throwing random votes?

Wtf.  

There have literally only been 3 pages, plus it's early, plus i'm in the other mafia game too. In the final fantasy mafia I nearly got killed by the town (and you btw) because I was being so vocal. This town is just fucking itself over so I'm waiting for someone suspicious to pop up and nail them with solid logic and reasoning. I think it's suspicious how splatt got bandwagoned, but no ones done anything worthy in my book of an FOS yet

Not to mention this thread started on a weekend. Idk, but baseless fos'ing is bad townie. I know you want to get the game going but geez

chill i was just using the basic tactic of everyone else so far, which is accusing people for shitty reasoning

Wilson    12516

i dont get it

"ugh well their thread is a lot more fun (and ACTIVE), even if im not playing. "

"FoS iSlickz because he's been far more active in the FF mafia and now he's silent"

you just justified yourself why you posted more in the other thread.

• Upvote 2

still not getting it. i like reading mafia threads, doesnt matter if im a player or not. ive been active in this thread. you cant expect me to post in here everytime someone posts after me. a person who i thought was active in mafia games is suddenly not saying much.

Wilson    12516

still not getting it. i like reading mafia threads, doesnt matter if im a player or not. ive been active in this thread. you cant expect me to post in here everytime someone posts after me. a person who i thought was active in mafia games is suddenly not saying much.

well you said the reason you looked at, (and even made a post) in the other thread was because it was "a lot more fun, and active", so surely that is a valid reason for islickz posting more in that one?

I'm not defending him incidentally, I have no opinion on him at this time, just pointing out that you're not looking at him in the same way as yourself.