LukeRandi    233
So face-up cards on the field are not public knowledge? That contradicts the rulebook.
They will activate, furthermore they activate on the field. Keep this in mind if you have skill drain face-up, you wouldn't get the search in that case.
I didn't find anything official on that yet, but it makes sense that cards activate where they currently are, and not necessarily where they were triggered. (at least to me it makes sense ;-) )

harig07    2058

I guess regardless of what the correct answer is it's one to check with the Head Judge of an event you go to just in case they rule it differently.

DarthChocoboz    292
I'm pretty sure I remember reading about this ruling change in Julia's Facebook group. You can't activate infantrys effect in the hand anymore so I'm fairly sure it's the same as the dragons and they%

Keitzo    33

Because the hand isn't public knowledge. It's not applicable here where the dragons are still within public knowledge. 902 already covered it.

Crutches    772

Blue Eyes version has been testing nuts for me, once you cut out the stuff like Shrine, Cry, and maximize the speed.

Sanjura    6663

Like Cry isn't even that bad, it's pretty good for dodging Vanity as others stated or making 2 synchros at once, but just being able to plop a 3k beater on the field that requires removal/Star Eater to kill is ridiculous. The Vanity argument is just an added bonus.

+scuzzlebutt    23495
If I'm not mistaken, you should also be able to use cry to recover from opposing Bladers if you set it and they somehow blader over one of your things, you flip it at the endphase and have a 3k thing next turn to kill blader and not die next turn. I think this has come up once in my games, it doesn't seem like it'd happen a lot but it's another cool fringe application of the card
  • Upvote 2

Brian Clark    430

Z6MH8NR.png

I have been drawing really well with this version.The one thing I want is to add skilldrain / pwwb but the reckless + car-d openings are just so nuts. 

have you considered playing gaios? it seems like you have space in your extra and it could potentially come up 

Faith+1    47

This is where I'm at right now BEWD Rulers

AN2LaVo.png

Surprisingly it's been running pretty smoothly, and of course there have been the occasional dead hands with 1 or 2 BEWD but that changes a turn or 2 later.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

+scuzzlebutt    23495

I guess I meant to say multiples of Cry, I've been running 1.

oh, yeah, i'm at 1 too

also lol if you run a build with ccd you need to either run

multiple hand traps

or

multiple traps

your extra deck looks like straight ass btw

homie he got maxx and scarecrow in there

+Paraliel+    8032

^uhhhhh

Im pretty sure his point was there's room and he runs a lot of Redox fodder. Unsure if I agree or not.

Brian Clark    430

^uhhhhh

were you referring to my post? I think considering he's not running debris he has extra slots and he is also running some heavy ratios he is sure to cut that gaios could be a reasonable inclusion in his extra.

CheeseCake    2513

its still worse than like every other card in his extra idk about anyone else but I am rarely in such a commanding position where i can tidal and redox another tidal and make a gaios. If I can do that I am probably either winning that turn or already have the nuts and are not going to lose the game regardless.

• Upvote 1

»Pengwan    7724

Forgive my ignorance since I've been out of the loop for awhile, but why would you play the BEWD build if you aren't going to max Shrine? That card seems ridiculous and the main reason you would consider going the BEWD route since it's an auto 2 Dragons + a BEWD or a missing color but it doesn't seem like anybody itt is using 3.

Brian Clark    430

its still worse than like every other card in his extra idk about anyone else but I am rarely in such a commanding position where i can tidal and redox another tidal and make a gaios. If I can do that I am probably either winning that turn or already have the nuts and are not going to lose the game regardless.

well yeah but his build in particular was running alot of extra crap in his extra I figured he might have space for gaios. its obviously very situational but it has its uses suggesting it for that build in particular did not seem that wild to me considering its not unreasonable to make it. also one situation that could come up is using double tidal to attack for game then getting swifted at that point the option of going into gaios is nice. its not going to fit into most extras but he was running a ddr alot of earths and no debris meaning there just might be a slot for gaios somewhere in that extra.

Faith+1    47

Forgive my ignorance since I've been out of the loop for awhile, but why would you play the BEWD build if you aren't going to max Shrine? That card seems ridiculous and the main reason you would consider going the BEWD route since it's an auto 2 Dragons + a BEWD or a missing color but it doesn't seem like anybody itt is using 3.

yes i think you're right...i'll be replacing the trade-ins for Dragon Shrines and testing that.

Blacklisted    1330

Do BEWD builds use any Rank 8's at all ?

In the chance they can make it?

bluestar899    84

Personally I'd rather run Ravine for its ability to not only put Dragons into the graveyard like Shrine but also to add a Corsesca to the hand and remove opposing Field Spells like Ravine and Spellbook Tower.

Do BEWD builds use any Rank 8's at all ?

In the chance they can make it?

Yes.  The deck runs at the very least Heliopolis and you can also put in Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon (he does create some interesting gameshots if you know the opponent has a card on the field that'll activate upon hitting the graveyard like any Madolche monster).  I've toyed around with Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder but dropped it to fit in BRD.  Once Divine Knight Felgrand comes I'm going to have to cut something to fit him in.  Card is bonkers.

Blacklisted    1330

pFcUMp9.png

Been playing around with this for a bit.

Like I'm still undecided whether I want to go straight Synchro, BEWD or Dragunity builds.

Each have their own pros and cons.

The latter 2 have a lot of extra cards in the main which means they lose freedom of main decking floodgate cards. They are also susceptible to dead hands. However I feel they are both explosive. Like I don't own a deck for this format IRL, and BEWD seems the cheapest and most realistic for me to get easily.

I managed to fit Tachyon, Heliopolis and Giant Grinder in the extra only really using Tachyon and Grinder cause of their ability to drop a lot of damage. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something from the extra i just can't seem to grasp what it might be.

I also need help with the side deck cause I either seem to overside for x matchup or not have enough side for randy matchups

+Urthor    10229

300px-ThunderEndDragon-PHSW-EN-UR-1E.jpg

Holy shit remember this guy?  Now he's actually not terrible.  Definitely not worth the slot in extra unless you run silvers cry, but the fact that this shitty ultimate is actually playable is just amazing.

• Upvote 1