...Arson

fantasy hockey

SteveK    929

Forgot the draft was last night but I'm somewhat pleased with my team. If anyone is looking for a d-man, hit me up. I'm Malkin in the Middle

ATJdragon    967

i just hope i dont get cinderella'd out of the playoffs again lol.

stamkos/stlouis/purcell should be fun....and incredibly inconsistent 

• Upvote 2

»...Arson    7755

i just hope i dont get cinderella'd out of the playoffs again lol.

stamkos/stlouis/purcell should be fun....and incredibly inconsistent 

i took drouin on a long shot he sticks with that line, but I doubt it. they need someone to go and get the puck.

»...Arson    7755

actually, dropped tarasenko already. it's gonna be hard to get PP time on STL, and they don't score much anyways. in a league so stacked, neil could single handedly win me PIMs a couple weeks.

workin out the kinks everyone.

Matt Bishop    2377

I picked 16 in a 16 team league.  We play high-cat, G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, GWG, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK, GS, W, GAA, SV, SV%, and finally SHO.

My team is as follows.

C - Toews, Blackhawks

C - Getzlaf, Ducks

LW - Kunitz, Penguins

LW - Hartnell, Flyers

RW - Skinner, Hurricanes

RW - Clarkson, Maple Leafs

D - Boyle, Sharks

D - Leddy, Blackhawks

D - Smid, Oilers

D - Robidas, Stars

BN - Perron, Oilers

BN - Carter, Kings

BN - Burrows, Canucks

BN - Jokinen, Penguins

BN - Henrique, Devils <- Dropped today for BN - Grabovski, Capitals

G - Crawford, Blackhawks

G - Miller, Sabres

While I openly believe Henrique is going to have a good year, Grabo clearly showed good chemistry in his first game with the Capitals picking up a hat trick and an assist.  We knew his stats were going to be up from his defensive role in Toronto last year, but we didn't know exactly how much and exactly how much time he would get on both the powerplay and playing with Ovechkin/Backstrom/Green.  If last night was any indication, his point total will be up this season.

Clearly this league is a bit deeper than most, and my defensemen are lacking slightly at first glance.  However with Hits and Blocked shots, Smid is a massive asset contributing monsterously in both cats.

Matt Bishop    2377

Skinner is on the 3rd line. Keep henrique.

Banking on Skinner having a bounce-back season.  I mean he could be on the third line one period and first line the next period.  His ceiling is higher than Henrique's, at least this season I believe.  

»...Arson    7755

I picked 1st in a 20 team league, team is:

Crosby, Getzlaf, Kadri, Kunitz, Whitney, Stewart, Clowe, Orr, Burns, Leddy, Staal, Diaz, Scott, Schneider, Lehtonen, Johnson.

This draft taught me alot, I drafted poorly. I picked up Orr/Scott with my last two picks and had originally drafted Drouin but subbed him out for Johnson when he was announced as starting backup for the Bruins. Goalies are a commodity in this league. What's amazing is some dude inexplicably dropped Phaneuf so I am dropping Scott (planned to drop Orr for a forward first.) D is real weak, that's why I went with the PIM route, because I felt it was an easy point for the first couple weeks.

I picked last in a 10 team league:

Spezza, Couture, Hall, Sedin, Voracek, Dupuis, Markov, Timmonen, Visnovsky, Burns, Marleau, Ribeiro, Purcell, Lundqvist, Crawford, Schneider.

This was my final draft, and I feel like I murdered it. I have a ton of options to make everyone fit on Tuesdays and Saturdays... Schneider was my last pick! Took him in all 3 leagues. Marty has gotten hurt each of the past 3 years for a stretch. Schneids isn't battling a prime Luongo anymore, he's battling a well past his prime Brodeur. Gonna be a big trade chip later on, and will likely help me win a few points early on.

Matt Bishop    2377

No doubt in my mind that Schneider will get at least half of the starts in New Jersey.  Sadly, I don't see them as being that good of a team regardless of who is starting.  Schneider will no doubt be a good trade chip later on.  That and you are right about goalies being a commodity in deep leagues.  Starting goalies especially.  They take up a good majority of categories and if you don't have two starters you will find it hard to win the categories.  There will be people that will have to put up for starters or else their team might as well be dead in the water.  League #2 looks like you have a solid team, league #1 could have used some work, but you have Crosby, which as long as he stays healthy will be a huge horse for you week in and week out.

»...Arson    7755

I think Jersey's division is their downfall, but that is going to be a decent team. Elias being hurt is huge though... thought he'd lead the team in points. They have alot of players to shelters (Jagr, Ryder) who have uses... but if Brunner can turn into an alright two way forward he and Clowe could be the other wingers for those 2 players.

Conspire    2389

I would describe my other 2 leagues as "incredibly easy."  They're run by the same commish, one fantasy points the other h2h.  Here are my teams in both:

8 player H2H league only has positions F,D and G.  Stat categories G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG.  I picked 2nd.

Stamkos, E. Staal, Parise, Semin, Marleau, Ribeiro, Dupuis, Kesler, Alfredsson, Selanne (dropped for Grabo), M. Richards, Burrows

Karlsson, Weber, Yandle, Byfuglien

Rinne, Bernier, Holtby

Going to see if I can trade for a goalie.

7 player (wut?) fantasy points league only has positions F, D, util and G.  Points are as follows:

G = 15 points

A = 13 points

PPG = +3 points

PPA = +2 points

SHP = +4 points

GWG = +2 points

BLK = 0.5 points

W = 20 points

L = -7 points

GA = -1.5 points

SV = 0.5 points

SHO = +10 points

This league isn't too hard to figure out.  The commish removed PIMs and hits this year after I dominated the previous 2 years with scoring goons.  The best goalies are usually the horses.  I picked 2nd.

Crosby, Neal, E. Staal, Seguin, Ryan, Sharp, Thorton, Marleau, Iginla, Pominville, Wheeler, WIlliams, Bozak, Alfredsson

Karlsson, Keith, Campbell, Chara

Quick, Luongo, Ward

Not sure if I want to keep Chara in a league with no +/- or PIMs.  I'm hoping I'll be able to package him with someone for an upgrade on his name alone.  D in this league aren't super important unless they're studs.  I stole Campbell really late and in this league which rewards PPP so heavily he's going to be huge.  There are a lot of good players on the wire of course but each GM only gets 8 pick-up/drops all year.  To compensate each team has 5 IR spots.  There's also a protection rule where you can drop someone if he misses or there's a report he'll miss at least a week and no one else can pick him up.

I have Alfredsson and Karlsson in all 3 of my leagues.

ATJdragon    967

anyone know where i can find the number of starts my/my opponents goalie made so far in the week?

theres alot of functions not working right now, one of which is the goalie starts per week. yahoo is working on it. 

i hope our dgz league playoffs is fixed asap. i strongly suggest top 6, top 2 get byes. 

as for our 'other' leagues, i play in a bunch of others. not gonna bore with too many details. win or go home, how we get there doesnt matter haha. i do hope mackinnon is the shit though, need him to achieve better than the previous #1 picks who put up or were on pace for 50-55 pts (yakupov, RNH, hall, tavares, stamkos). kane put up 72 in his rookie season, im hoping for that lol

+rei+    34354

Also I've clinched a playoff spot in the dgz league!!!!

i seriously cant / couldn't find the option anywhere to change this with the interface tweak (which hasnt honestly changed that mcuh from last year on the commish side) - if you guys know exactly where the option is lmk