Sign in to follow this  
realrarehunter

Inzektor + MST vs Compulse

realrarehunter    646

So I had a situation come up on Dueling Network today.

My opponent summoned Inzektor Dragonfly and attached Hornet to it. I then used compulse to bounce the Dragonfly. He then activated MST to destroy Hornet. Will Dragonfly's effect happen?

Basically...does dragonfly have to be face up on the field to resolve?

Oh_The_Irony    771

It doesn't have to be face-up on the field to resolve, but it does need to be face-up in order to activate. In this case Dragonfly is in the hand so its effect to summon an Inzektor can't activate.

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't generalize that it MUST be face-up on the field to activate. Things like Jujitsu Master teach us that an effect that seems to require a monster to be face-up on the field to activate really only need the monster to be face-up on the field to TRIGGER.

Otherwise, it'd be impossible for a Jujitsu destroyed by the battle to activate at the end of the Step.

In the thread's case, we know that the Dragonfly can't activate, because it is in the hand. We know Dragonfly was triggered just fine, but it can't activate.

This is like how you might Summon Sturge, pitch Dragoons to activate Sturge and trigger Dragoons, target Dragoons w/ that Sturge effect, and then be unable to activate the Dragoons you pitched.