El Panico    53

I think this is a little important.

How is this deck gonna compete post november? Mistake is too real imo.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it

• Upvote 1

Dont Forget    609

The main problem with mistake is, most of the decks that can use it just suck. You will lose games to it for sure but with how the game is right now it isn't as big of an issue as it seems.

Kyary    2424

I played a ton of matches today vs. dragons and the mirror.  I think I have the build I wanna take to San Mateo finalized; just gotta get in as much testing as possible.  I'm really liking the odds for the deck.

Impact    3807
my blue eyes build is pretty good.
anyone else having success with this deck?

Xxtrabeast    5
I ran 2 maiden with 1 BEWD and a 2nd wisdom last night at locals. It ran pretty well and the opportunity arose where I could go blue eyes and ancient sacred wyvern for an otk, but I don't own one right now.

On another note, I've been considering dropping crescent to 1 or 2. Most of my locals plays dragunity dragons since Hoban is a regular, which has led to too many times where I manage my grave well, but still end up with an extra book in grave due to ravine.

McGinty    290
Josh ur clearly running the build was getting at you with last night

McGinty    290
Crescent is a card that should only be in your deck game one. it adds consistency to your turn 1 game 1 where other cards don't but is restrictive in game 2/3
  • Downvote 8

Dont Forget    609

Crescent is a card that should only be in your deck game one. Also though it adds consistency to your turn 1 game 1 where other cards don't.

I hope this is a joke.

Also I wouldn't cut Crescent to 1 or even 2. You absolutely have to see Secrets to win and Crescent is 1 of the best ways to get it when you don't have it.

»neptune    3789

Crescent is a card that should only be in your deck game one. Also though it adds consistency to your turn 1 game 1 where other cards don't.

I hope this is a joke.

Also I wouldn't cut Crescent to 1 or even 2. You absolutely have to see Secrets to win and Crescent is 1 of the best ways to get it when you don't have it.

I think he's talking about how you side them out g2/g3.

McGinty    290
Lol I mean, it is not a joke like AT ALL... You literally can not side out any other books in your deck. So that leaves you with what, 8/9 traps to fuck with and your monsters.

Along with need perfect play, siding will be what sepertes the gud prophecy players from the bad ones.

Keitzo    33

I'm not sure how anyone else feels about this but the most I ever side out is 1 if I bring in double/triple MST. Having less than 2 crescent g2 and g3 when you've brang in your side deck is literally just asking to drop games to some of the worse hands possible. We don't have Judgment anymore so we need that consistency that crescent can help with. The only time I'd think about siding all 3 crescents out is if (for whatever reason) you were playing 3 duality as well.

McGinty    290
I wish I could like side duality and switch em for crescents game 2 and 3 lol. Alas Dualitin sucks game 1. So nah, I don't actually.

Dont Forget    609

If someone like forced me to play a deck with those, I would side them out first. I side out my only Power more often than I side out a second Crescent. If you are siding out all 3 Crescents I think you are just over siding.

McGinty    290
Power, you side out....power? I think we're done here.
  • Downvote 1

I agree with the "never play less than 2 Crescent" theory. The less copies you play, the more you're slowing down your own deck's core functions. It's all good and well siding in a heap of stuff to counter the opponent, but you still need to be able to play your own game as well. There's usually a few traps you can easily side out which aren't optimal against certain matchups, which get replaced with better ones more tailored for the current one. That's a better thing to do than to screw with your decks own core.

McGinty    290

My point was that you don't even have a lot of space to work with. I rarely like to side more than 3 to 5 cards regardless in any deck.

You also cannot change your statement to qualify "only in the mirror", to make yourself correct.

• Downvote 1

»Jhub    1074
[quote name="Impact" post="3578847" timestamp="1379858869"]my blue eyes build is pretty good. anyone else having success with this deck?[/quote] t8d my regionals yesterday with it, only used 2 maiden tho it was really good all day. don't think I could ever go higher than 2 however, there's 6 other monsters I would often normal summon before it and bewd getting RFGd is scary
  • Upvote 4

McGinty    290

my blue eyes build is pretty good.
anyone else having success with this deck?

t8d my regionals yesterday with it, only used 2 maiden tho it was really good all day. don't think I could ever go higher than 2 however, there's 6 other monsters I would often normal summon before it and bewd getting RFGd is scary

My niggaaa

Kyary    2424

I tend to side out 1 Crescent, 1 Temperance, 1 Priestess, and whatever traps that aren't relevant.

Titcombe    58

I am really not a fan of siding out any copies of crescent the card just makes the deck so much more consistent and I always want to open with it. Though the only spells I'm siding are 2 mstes so it wont conflict that much.

Kyary    2424

I usually side them for more hate like I did yesterday.  Just an FYI, Kaiser puts in work.

McGinty    290
Kaiser Colleseum, I could see that being pretty cool. Rivalry though effectively does the same thing to most decks where i presume youd be bringing it in though, I think Rivalry is probably better?

Idk, has merit versus dragon but aren't there better cards there?