Crutches    772

PSCT actually solves this perfectly.

Spirit Reaper's PSCT reads: "After resolving a card effect that targets this card, destroy this card."

Maiden's PSCT reads: "During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets this face-up card (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard."

Spirit Reaper clearly states that it waits for resolution of the effect, whereas Maiden actually triggers as soon as it's targeted and adds on to the same chain.

The important thing is that Maiden doesn't EXPLICITLY tell you "I chain to the thing that targets me".

To know that it chains instead of activating after a Chain resolves, you have to know the ways a card can IMPLICITLY tell you "I'm a Quick Effect".

Due to PSCT, we should already understand that from the fact that it says, "During either player's turn..."

I feel like all of us should understand PSCT well enough to know that much already.

I would say that about my judges, but not about the common player, EVEN the DG common player.

Do you know how few folks listen to the lessons I give anymore?
I do my best to power through your novels.

based inc    36

What's everyone's opinion on the number of Priestess?

On one hand I only ever need one at a time and she's searchable by Temperance and then I can Life her back and now I reduce the chance of opening poorly slightly, but on the other hand drawing her or World means my three Temperance only have one target in the deck for the rest of the game outside of a play with Herald of Pure Light.

McGinty    290

The only time your upset when you draw two is when you don't have 3 books.

JJ Snatch    118

I've noticed a few builds have started to stray away from using Book of Moon. I didn't see it being discussed on the last few pages, so what am I missing?

Xxtrabeast    5

I've been testing Reckless Greed with great results so far. One Reckless with a brick hand can often turn into a Fate/Tower set-up with protection, and if it doesn't then you really weren't going to be doing much that game anyways. It also makes for incredible mind games post side-board because more and more Dragon players are trying to pop your backrow before using their draw cards in order to hit Refpanels. Reckless gets you to your side deck faster and can get you more protection at crucial moments of the game, and obviously resolving multiple Reckless within the first draw phase is nuts. Has anybody else been testing Reckless?

I've been testing Reckless Greed with great results so far. One Reckless with a brick hand can often turn into a Fate/Tower set-up with protection, and if it doesn't then you really weren't going to be doing much that game anyways. It also makes for incredible mind games post side-board because more and more Dragon players are trying to pop your backrow before using their draw cards in order to hit Refpanels. Reckless gets you to your side deck faster and can get you more protection at crucial moments of the game, and obviously resolving multiple Reckless within the first draw phase is nuts. Has anybody else been testing Reckless?

I tested it, but with little success. I already had a PoG every turn with Tower, so the PoG trap that skips 2 draw phases left a lot missing, especially when my opponent would hit my Tower instead. It worked better for me to just have cards to protect Tower. It wouldn't hurt to have both, but these were the results of my testing with Reckless Greed.

Keitzo    33

I actually found that Reckless Greed tested incredibly well in combination with 3 Maxx "C". The trick being not to gun the reckless but to play it when you needed those additional cards or to dig for a Maxx "C". When siding I made sure to keep at least 2, if not 3, in my deck and 3 Reckless + 3 Maxx C + 2 Refpanel allowed me to draw very fast and keep up with Dragons.

I also prefer Raigeki Break over PWWB in order to keep control in those valuable field spell battles. My games against Dragons g2 and g3s was to simply prevent them from playing yugioh. MSTs, Debunks, Fate, Refpanel and other cards allowed me to keep Ravine off the field, hinder their draw power and shut them out of multiple colours (Fate in the EP in response to a Dragon returning is incredibly effective at doing this).

This is probably all widely known information but just my 2 cents on Reckless + the Dragon matchup.

i dont play prophesy but has anyone tested demise of the land vs dragons? it allows you to kill their ravine when they special but the most important thing is that it doesn't hurt as much as when they ravine over your tower. demise allows you to get a tower for sure and promises the extra draw unless they have typhoon/break

McGinty    290
Reckless greed is the new Judgement. I played this deck with 3 reckless and 9 traps. 1 Duality and 1 MST maimed yesterday for locals and I lost two games in five rounds.

Reckless is good at every stage in the game. This deck arguably plays better while under reckless than Dragunity with the ability to generate advantage with a lot of cards and search tower while doing so.

Maxx C I still kindve hate but I play it anyway becuase going first and activating stumbling with Maxx is awesome. 4 Draws if they opt to Draco it.

Question though, does Stumbling's mandatory trigger make world miss timing? I believe it does. People should know this.

Xxtrabeast    5

Reckless greed is the new Judgement. I played this deck with 3 reckless and 9 traps. 1 Duality and 1 MST maimed yesterday for locals and I lost two games in five rounds.

Reckless is good at every stage in the game. This deck arguably plays better while under reckless than Dragunity with the ability to generate advantage with a lot of cards and search tower while doing so.

Maxx C I still kindve hate but I play it anyway becuase going first and activating stumbling with Maxx is awesome. 4 Draws if they opt to Draco it.

Question though, does Stumbling's mandatory trigger make world miss timing? I believe it does. People should know this.

It shouldn't miss timing. SEGOC so it should be able to activate.

Keitzo    33

That's correct. The last thing to happen is the trigger-like effect of stumbling and not the adding cards to hand so the World will miss the timing to activate it's second trigger.

I've seen Reckless cause losses on several occasions, simply because the assumption that you're guaranteed to be drawing off tower to make up for the lost draws doesn't always hold true. This might have been due to not playing the card at the right time though, which I can't verify as it was all from watching on DN. I've also seen Carcar used and it seemed to go surprisingly well too.

• Downvote 1

Angeles    213
The problem with CCD is the 6 normal summons you run you would want to summon them over it.
  • Upvote 4

McGinty    290

Those nuances are the things that seperate good Book players from bad ones, you only take those gambles in situations where you lose the game otherwise. If so, then you can't really be mad at the result. It is not rare for me to have reckless down the entire game. Also there is a difference in how you play it, prior to making your play and searching shit, or after. It all depends. If you're good at the deck, the card's addition seems seamless.

Cardcar definitely sucks, how do you ever want to normal summon anything except the normal summons in this deck?

Kyary    2424

I'm just working on a build for San Mateo; but I'm not 100% sold on reckless just 4 days before the event.  Ughhhhh...

That's why I said I was surprised, on paper you'd say Car would be totally bad in Books because of the normal summon issue, but I'm pretty sure this build wasn't running 3 Temperence, and was running 2 Cars in place of 2 of the Temps or something like that, presumably to ease up dud hands and have a big next turn.

But yes, with timely use, Reckless can be damn good, especially when stacked or chained to removal which is usually game on the spot.

• Downvote 7

Kyary    2424

I would never consider dropping 2 Temperance for 2 CCD.  That just sounds bad lol

• Upvote 1

based inc    36

I have nothing, but good things to say about Reckless Greed.  Digging you out of poor hands, digging for your sided cards/outs, and being a chainable bluff to set with Fate.  Absolutely love it.

I have nothing, but good things to say about Reckless Greed.  Digging you out of poor hands, digging for your sided cards/outs, and being a chainable bluff to set with Fate.  Absolutely love it.

If you open unplayable it means that there is 9 cards you wanna see (one of which is 66% but for the arguments sake well count it without calculations). That means its going to be 9/33 leaving 24/33 cards you do not want to see/do not help. Additionally, saying Tower makes up for it is kind of irrelevant now considering how popular field spells are getting, hell Billy was even running terraforming. The fact of the matter is there is a greater chance of seeing cards you dont want to see rather than you want to see. I would not even consider this because Maxx C does this but better in my opinion. It acts as a trap as well as getting you a draw, plus you get your draw phase (assuming they stop at the first special), which are the 2 draws you would see from reckless without having to wait 2 turns. im on my phone but ill continue after !

• Upvote 2

that marcus kid    2426

You know this deck is ass when you flip 3 reckless greed and you still have an unplayable hand

• Upvote 20

chrona    83

Tested it, actually I only liked it when I

- had 2 Reckless or more

- chained it to World's effect, sometimes able to activate his 2nd eff, where it wouldn't have been possible

- drew in Temperance faster with this

Askyla    1

If you open unplayable it means that there is 9 cards you wanna see (one of which is 66% but for the arguments sake well count it without calculations). That means its going to be 9/33 leaving 24/33 cards you do not want to see/do not help. Additionally, saying Tower makes up for it is kind of irrelevant now considering how popular field spells are getting, hell Billy was even running terraforming. The fact of the matter is there is a greater chance of seeing cards you dont want to see rather than you want to see. I would not even consider this because Maxx C does this but better in my opinion. It acts as a trap as well as getting you a draw, plus you get your draw phase (assuming they stop at the first special), which are the 2 draws you would see from reckless without having to wait 2 turns. im on my phone but ill continue after !

This. 

The whole "it gets you out of shit hands" logic is so flawed. Sometimes, having this in your hand is part of the reason you have a shit hand.
What if you do have a shit hand, and you resolve this and your hand doesn't get any better (very likely considering the only cards that can get you out are Secrets/Magician/Temperance [maybe])? Then your stuck waiting two turns without a draw. That basically just seals your loss.

I'd only run reckless in dragons, where you have a ton of draw cards to help you hit the 2nd and even 3rd reckless. 

In Prophecy, when you have a bad hand, you want Maxx C. It'll help you thin through your deck and simultaneously slow down your opponent. 

• Upvote 1

SrkyBoy    27

you have to understand that game where you have bad hand vs dragons,you dont win anyway especially if those 2 cards are bricks,you would get to them in 2 turns anyway and you still wound up losing the game....reckless is just way too good in this deck

SrkyBoy    27

you have to understand where your 2 draw phases are bricks,you lose in 2 turns,and if you get to them with reckless faster,you lose faster,it is just nature of this deck,you are playing with hands you get,sometimes you are going to open the nuts sometimes you open shit and you just dont get to play yugioh,reckless just gets you to your shit faster,that is whole difference between topping and not topping some event.you side id out games 2 and 3 though but game 1 this card is way too good