good_goblin_housekeeping.jpg

Stacks in the same way (advantage-wise) as Reckless, doesn't rob you of your precious draw phases, and can be used to put dead Worlds back into the deck for Temperance, so you wont have to run those rather undesirable discard traps for that purpose. Running this and Reckless together (as well as the 4 staple limited traps) puts your trap count to 10 while not stuffing around with the other mediocre traps, and while increasing draw power and hand/deck-fixing nicely. Just a thought, could be alright, could be a dud.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

McGinty    290
Pretty sure reckless greed is fucking way better guy

McGinty    290
I would also like to point out Worlds interaction with Reckless in the sense that when you resolve both in one turn you just win.
  • Downvote 3

Squiddy    9173
except the the fact dat reckless is only ever good when u get 2 copies in ur hand witch in this deck basicly involves u drawing it in ur draw phase or by tower

its good in dragon cus of the super draw power lets u get 2 copies fast but this deck has no draw power only deck thinning so u need to open 2 copies of it in ur opening hand for it to be good, den u have to set it because its a trap and spellbook is a turn 1 set up so duality sounds better u can play it on ur turn and if u open crescent it doesnt make it any worse then reckless since u still wait a turn either way

u get bad hands enough why get more bad hands with copy of a trap that is a blank at 1 and u need to set to use lol and also give dragon a head start they can just make scrap dragon and start winning i think reckless its bad
  • Upvote 2

Keitzo    33

We're talking about playing it alongside 3 Maxx C though Squiddy. It provides the sort of extra boost the deck needs to fix weaker hands and they work extremely well together. Your points about the dragons having a dedicated draw engine is very valid but I still cannot agree with Duality. It conflicts with both Crescent and Temperance and you'll often need to resolve one or even both that turn if you want to stay in the game.

Those 3 slots dedicated to Reckless Greed aren't going to be anything else that helps with bad hands so I find that argument fairly invalid. I suppose if you play Duality, 2nd power or something then they do give that slight consistency boost but otherwise it's just going to be 3 real traps which don't help with bad hands either.

McGinty    290

Card is definitely not a blank at one...slow roll it and it will get you there. In fact, I'd argue that turn 1 many playable hands this deck gets really only contain 5 cards, one is generally of no immediate use or requires more cards for combo.

Definitely activating the one during a turn where you get to tower is good, setting up with it is good. Just the ability to advance your draw phases for turns where your hand is poor, 2 cards can make a brick hand broken. Play with the deck more using reckles and understand the play sequences that lead to a sustained board and hand size.

<spoiler> Get world out of your deck as fast as possible and all your draws become infinitely better</spoiler>

I think i would almost always rather have defensive trap cards to buy me an extra turn,which is an extra card rather than play a mediocre trap card that you should slow roll which could be a mountain of other cards which could be doing something. Like i said, i would be open to this card, however the math just doesnt add up. You need to be drawing combo pieces off this card. If you draw trap cards, youre in the exact same position you would be in, without the ability to draw for turn

maybe if you ran scarecrow? but realistically if you are getting dougie'd on turn 1, and you have reckless greed instead of a real trap, you're just gonna get shut out, no?

• Downvote 1

4T27qeh.jpg

Another notable advantage of Housekeeping over Reckless is the fact that you don't need to draw multiples simultaneously in order to mitigate the minus. The deck is generally a long-distance runner which takes at least 8+ turns to win, so there's a good chance you'll be hitting those additional Housekeeping's later on down the track, and when you do, it helps you a ton. Putting World back in has been invaluable in certain games as well.

»TS Fearless    7068

Vs alot of deck if you drew those two traps you would lose anyway tbh

This. Traps are nothing but -1s vs the top 2 decks in most cases anyways but theyre -1s that don't turbo you into your next 2 cards.

• Upvote 1

McGinty    290
I think the only traps worth running are PWWB, Compulse, bottomless, mirror and warning..they all can just say "pass your turn"

Kyary    2424

One thing I've been debating is putting Emptiness back in the mainboard.  It's seeming more and more that a lot of the matchups this weekend are going to be vs. Dragon, but I'm afraid I might not have enough coverage for rogue and the mirror.  Perhaps I'll finally figure it out when I get there.

MrMcThrasher    1274

One thing I've been debating is putting Emptiness back in the mainboard.  It's seeming more and more that a lot of the matchups this weekend are going to be vs. Dragon, but I'm afraid I might not have enough coverage for rogue and the mirror.  Perhaps I'll finally figure it out when I get there.

Emptiness is good fun, but I prefer the evil that Maxx "C" brings much more.  Not entirely comparable of course, but when it comes to what's a better draw, Maxx "C" is gonna be less of a dead draw than Emptiness.  Both still have good early game qualities, but Maxx "C" is better later game.

»Jeff Jones    13265

Is limiting Spellbook of Fate a good way to lower this decks power without killing it outright?

• Upvote 1

»neptune    3789

Is limiting Spellbook of Fate a good way to lower this decks power without killing it outright?

is this one of those subliminal messages like that 2 week format where you said would it be better to limit dragoons and give 3 teus?

Impact    3807

Honestly the main things that should be gone after are the two field spells of the format. Searchable ways to pull that far ahead of the game isn't really healthy and sure the field spell wars are skillful but if a deck can't interact with the field spell zone, it'll fall behind.

Kyary    2424

Tbh Fate is nothing amazing without the resetting that Tower does.

Though, I'm fine with losing fate to 1 which might or might not happen.

»Jeff Jones    13265
I don't think limiting tower will help if dragons get murdered. Trying to think of ways without killing prophecy?

Impact    3807

I dont think limiting Fate will do anything if Tower's just going to send it back to deck.