ACP

100 Reasons Why Your Game is Awful

»Relianah    4515
What do you think of investing into mono blue devotion if I were to start playing mtg more often, mostly for fnm

wonderPreaux    1408

What do you think of investing into mono blue devotion if I were to start playing mtg more often, mostly for fnm

The Atem thing was going on so long that I actually thought you posted this in the wrong thread for a minute...

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
you may all now say "thanks obama" whenever atem rains on your parade

+scuzzlebutt    23495

if you're getting into standard from yugioh, in my experience you dont want to just buy one deck that won a recent event and try to go from there. the magic metagame is much more dynamic than in yugioh, and monoblue devotion might not even be a thing in a week or so. ii think a better strategy is to invest in staple cards in standard that allow you to build a few decks so you can adapt to changes in the metagame a little better. if you just buy monoblue devotion, if the deck isnt good in a week or two you just won't want to play magic at all.

»Relianah    4515
Yeah I realize that, it just rapped a pt so people are going to be trying to beat it... I don't really wang to invest a bunch tho I'd rathrr try to stick to a deck at first although that's good info to have

~NeoArkadia~    2794

Except people that I know who work for Konami have told me that the company is staunchly resistant to new ideas. To the point that employees are afraid to suggest them because they dont want their position to come under scrutiny as a result. There's also a difference between one person and an entire community. While Wizards may not listen to every single individual, they do listen to the community.

With regards to resistance: Not surprising if you have a vague idea of how Japanese corporations tend to work. Especially ones that came out from the 1980s or so.

GLORIOUS FAX MACHINE MASTER RACE

Pfffft. I'm more speaking on the whole Senpai-Kouhai relationship where you respect / give discretion to the guys above you, and trust their judgment. As well, a lot of older Japanese companies are essentially "You work there for life".

So you've essentially got a business system where the guys who were in charge in the 70s~80s are often times still in charge, barring well, Death catching up to them.

So it's not unsurprising if there's a resistance to ideas, when turnover is very low.

Simply put, the Corporate cultures of Wizards and Konami are vastly different creatures, for a variety of reasons. Some of them have to do with just, well, Japan is Japan.

»ACP    33422

I'm not interested in excuses from Danker/The Org as to why Yugioh sucks. All that matters to me is that there is a better option available. That's what I'm trying to make everyone realize here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
And to be frank, there isn't one within ygo, not as long as y'all are as needlessly beliggerent and classless in behavior as ya are sometimes.

Either work with a degree of class and patience in your behavior - yes, this means tolerating the bullshit now for the sake of eventually making less bullshit happen in the future - or you're making shit worse, not better.

Or, do as Pennington's done, and go to a diff game.

The fact that Pennington paints what we've told him as "excuses" when we're essentially nothing more than impartial fucking messengers committed to the truth no-matter-how-ugly only drives home the lack-of-wisdom part Danker was making: DG needs to learn to examine its own attitude if it treats messengers this way.

»Relianah    4515
I tolerate the stuff konami does, I even understand/rationalize with some of it, but I think it's naive to say they'll change there ways.

If you really don't like it, I suggest quitting, and if you don't want to, stfu and deal with it
  • Upvote 1

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
And what've I told you all to do for years?

Either carry yourselves with class and prepare for a long haul and a lot of compromise, or quit for now, potentially permanently.

I've told you all this for fucking years.

And the moment I tell you "I was right," you all act like I never taught you a goddamned thing.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

I tolerate the stuff konami does, I even understand/rationalize with some of it, but I think it's naive to say they'll change there ways.

If you really don't like it, I suggest quitting, and if you don't want to, stfu and deal with it

this is exactly what I've said for years

why does no one listen to me

I've been right all along and no one fucking listens

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

I'm agreeing with you lol

I know

It's awesome

I'm no longer alone

»ACP    33422

How is it relevant whether American or Japan or Konami or Shunsesdhbv is the one that's ruining the game? If it game is good, play it. If it's not, don't. I don't want to hear your story about how your dog ate your homework. When I'm choosing a hobby, I only deal in results and facts, not blame games and conspiracy theories.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

»John Danker    945

How is it relevant how you feel about the game if you've moved on? You've made your choice, wonderful, I respect that.  Right now it appears more of what you're doing is sour grapes than anything else. Another tantrum by a member of DG, why does that not surprise me?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

»ACP    33422

What kind of question is that? I have an opinion, so I'm allowed to express it? You don't see me saying, "Maybe if you feel so negatively about DGz, you should just shut up and leave."

• Upvote 2

»Relianah    4515

HEY ALLEN ANSWER MY QUESTION

»ACP    33422

Sorry I'd rather just argue with people than answer questions.

Buy into whatever you want. Like someone said though, the meta evolves a lot so don't get mad if the "best deck" falls to the sidelines in a couple of weeks.

»ACP    33422

Mono Blue is actually a really good deck, and while I'd bet that it won't be the best deck in 3-4 weeks it'll probably be in the top5.

»Relianah    4515

Like, I was looking at some g/r deck (I always ended up playing green red every time I pick up the game lol...) but tidebinder mage would just make me cry... then I was looking at the b/w deck that chapin/rietzl played, which seems p good but Idk really, I hardly keep up with mtg

»neptune    3789

so is esper control worth learning?

i'm seriously tired of ygo now

+Gojira    1706
[quote name="interstellar" post="3598887" timestamp="1381967543"]so is esper control worth learning?   i'm seriously tired of ygo now[/quote] I would say yes, but it's my favorite deck. There are a ton of viable or possibly viable standard decks right now. The pro tour produced some great decks, but didn't stabilize the format or anything. The good thing about esper control is that if you metagame well it will be good for the whole format.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

How is it relevant whether American or Japan or Konami or Shunsesdhbv is the one that's ruining the game? If it game is good, play it. If it's not, don't. I don't want to hear your story about how your dog ate your homework. When I'm choosing a hobby, I only deal in results and facts, not blame games and conspiracy theories.

If you dealt in facts solely, rather than opinions built around facts, you wouldn't have bothered with this sort of thread. It doesn't serve as a means of learning any facts, it serves as a means of you evangelizing an opinion built around common knowledge.

You aren't going "here are facts", you're going "here's facts and you are ________ if you play this game", fill in the blank with whatever negative description you see fit. There is an implicit value judgment in that blank about the people who enjoy the game despite its faults, and THAT is where you cross the line from sensible man to childish waste of space.

Meanwhile, all I've told the lot of you is "here are the facts regarding how you ought behave, if you want to get what you want, either in YGO or out of YGO. To get what you want in YGO, learn to compromise and learn some class. To get what you want out of ygo, quit ygo and pursue other interests."

Your reactions have a HABIT of demanding the reader to either stay silent or agree with exactly how... much you CARE about the validity of the statement "ygo is a bad game" - almost like you're trying to win people over for a cause, when there's no nobility in that cause. Seriously, people have a right to play badly designed games: people have a right to enjoy games, without being pseudo-interrogated for it, even if the game is rightly described as a pile of shit. Not everyone needs to have perfect taste when it comes to something as minor as a game, because nothing - not a thing - of importance hinges on the choice of game people choose to play or not.

In short, when I advise people on what games they ought and ought not play, we all KNOW my heart is in the right place and that my motivation is "let's see about making people who want more happiness get more happiness."

Your motives look less like that and more like "Pennington is going to be an asshole solely for the sake of being an asshole."

You're a smart kid, but you SUCK at some things, Allen, and at times, communication is one of those things. At other times, "looking like you have the right priorities" is another one of those things.

That's why, frankly, the way you react to shit in this sort of discussion can be viewed as part of the problem.

Someone like me, who can pinpoint flaws left and right in Konami's work, yet doesn't react as you do - someone like me can on some level make people who criticize YGO not look like raging assholes with a konami-focused persecution complex.

Not everyone on DG is gifted at that. The moment a player feels WRONGED by Konami is the moment that their chances of controlling their emotions

I hate the flaws of the game more deeply than all the other people here put together. But unlike you simpletons, I control those emotions and direct them, channel them, into something more productive than petty "jump ship or you're silly" tactics.

My tactic is "here's a lifeboat for those who wanna jump ship, and I've called the MTG folks on the shore to make sure you get taken care of. Those of you who wanna stay here, let's enjoy some fuckin' carnage."

It goes right back to what I said: learn some fuckin' class.
  • Upvote 1