Blacklisted

Would this be (soft) cheating?

Blacklisted    1330

This is really not difficult to understand. What we have is a bunch of people looking for excuses.
Most of you profess to being highly experienced if not "Pro" players, so act like it. Highly experienced or professional players of anything go out of their way to avoid taking unnecessary penalties. In the game of YGO, it's not too difficult to do by simply replacing questionable cards with that of a different rarity. You make the choice, you either reap the benefits or suffer the possible ramifications.

Lel I guess that if using common BEWD makes me a cheater then most people are unintentional cheaters.

ThatOneGuy    2005
There's no such thing as an unintentional cheater.
  • Upvote 2

~ness00~    1013

Lel I guess that if using common BEWD makes me a cheater then most people are unintentional cheaters.

Penalty guidelines should stipulate penalties for being a plebian that uses Common BEWDs anyway.

• Downvote 1

Blacklisted    1330

An unintentional cheater is still a cheater but you can cheat unintentionally. 'mens rea' after all.

Penalty guidelines should stipulate penalties for being a plebian that uses Common BEWDs anyway.

That is true, although I tend to use max rarity for every deck anyway. Just so happened I didn't own them and just took commons off a friend

ThatOneGuy    2005

An unintentional cheater is still a cheater but you can cheat unintentionally. 'mens rea' after all. 

Except that's not how that works. Intention determines the severity of a crime and the appropriate punishment. Doing something unintentionally wouldn't change whether or not it's illegal but it is not cheating and will not carry the punishment for cheating.

I'm also not really sure if you're trying to use mens rea to justify what you're saying but it's actually doing the exact opposite.

»John Danker    945

<face palm> Really? Didn't we just go over the definition of cheating? You DO realize why I said, "This isn't that hard" right? How do you people advance on a yearly basis.....assuming you're still going to school that is.

Sorry for being so negative, it's unlike me, however, we JUST went over this on this very same thread NUMEROUS times.

M.C.B.    172

No matter what rarity you use you are obliged to use a legal deck if you wish to compete. All cards of all rarities are legal. Marked cards in a deck are not. Bendy cards can be treated as marked cards. Make sure you don't get in trouble for having SOME of the cards bent. A good example is a guy that was using Evilswarm in Turin, with everything possible in secret rare. I could not make which card was Pandemic from bendiness. If I were to investigate, I would probably not be suspicious of him cheating, because he did all he could for all the cards to be the same, irrecognizable when in his deck. If only Torrential Tribute and Rescue Rabbit were secret rare...and he opened with them...I would wreak havoc