razoredgey.

Harpie Lady - Discussion

I've to agree with Ben, if you can combo T1 you can do it T2 as well.

Why give away information when it is not needed.

I've had a lot of games in which i only set backrow even though I had monsters.

• Upvote 1

chimpact    37

Yea if you're not playing pet dragon you should really consider CardCar for that reason. Without rank 7's there aren't a lot of good turn 1 plays and cardcar makes up for that. cardcar makes the deck more consistent and helps with discard outlets.

• Upvote 2

Ultima    99

I run pet dragon and card cars. Card car is rarely dead for me, if you dont need it just toss it for party or something.

Man those vids were sketchy, g1 was pointed out but g3 he should have made busted chain and dumped zephy to bounce the party for follow ups in case his opponent didn't scoop. Which reminds me I actually do believe we have a good turn one xyz, lavalval chain is great for dumping zephyros. (If you dont draw it) and is a must if you draw party. And should he survive its great for dumping dancer (I only play 2 atm) and party dancing it back and using its effect to bounce whatever you need, channeler, queen for added utility. Granted those plays aren't every game but it does come up and is great to take advantage of. Extra options for harpies means:

A) party abuse for the otks or board setup, dweller and roach are great here

B) searching an extra plusing ground in case it got msted

C) channeler abuse These are all done with lavalval dumping key cards for comebacks/blowouts

Also to the fella that topped columbus with harpies I seen a couple games cuz my teammate tyler got 2nd with poojins and I wanna say I thought you piloted the deck very well. I was rootin for ya haha gj though

• Upvote 2

Also to the fella that topped columbus with harpies I seen a couple games cuz my teammate tyler got 2nd with poojins and I wanna say I thought you piloted the deck very well. I was rootin for ya haha gj though

hahaha i appreciate it ty

i was surprised how many people still don't know a lot about the deck, like i even had to explain to my round 9 opponent after the game that if he had mst'd sign when i played it i wouldn't get either effect, weird since it ~ just ~ won a ycs right before that event

• Upvote 1

i was surprised how many people still don't know a lot about the deck, like i even had to explain to my round 9 opponent after the game that if he had mst'd sign when i played it i wouldn't get either effect, weird since it ~ just ~ won a ycs right before that event

Np bud

that is strange, i would think us ohioans would be on it more than that but hey easy games right. So how do you feel the deck did? Any changes or mvp cards other than the obvious? 

Dude my suspension is up TODAY and i hope i get reinstated in time for detroit reg. Im taking harpies there as i think they will have:

A) A great match up with decks that will be setting a dick ton of backrow which usually people do early in on formats with no Pukestorm

B) A great side being able to utilize LIM, SIM, mistake, and just so many more.

I just feel like this will have a good match up to other decks and can side well vs them.

Np bud

that is strange, i would think us ohioans would be on it more than that but hey easy games right. So how do you feel the deck did? Any changes or mvp cards other than the obvious? 

Dude my suspension is up TODAY and i hope i get reinstated in time for detroit reg. Im taking harpies there as i think they will have:

A) A great match up with decks that will be setting a dick ton of backrow which usually people do early in on formats with no Pukestorm

B) A great side being able to utilize LIM, SIM, mistake, and just so many more.

I just feel like this will have a good match up to other decks and can side well vs them.

my fav thing in my build was cardcar because as people have pointed out, outside of rank 7s this deck doesnt really have a strong t1 play (and i dont even like making dsack unless i can pop a sign with it too, which i never had happen once at regs), hes great with the 3 duality i run too

outside of that my build is mostly standard-ish:
http://i.imgur.com/SVBEiH3.png

&& yeah i think the deck is a great call for michigan regs, it's a deck that's really easy to side with and you can side in pretty much anything you want, outside of mermail i don't think the deck has a single horrendous matchup right now either

Gadiel_VaStar    231

I don't know how viable this will be, but I ran into an Artifact/Harpie deck. It looked pretty interesting, and made a lot of sense. The Artifact spell & monsters gave it rank 5 plays like Pleiades.

I do wanna try cardcars, i was skeptical on them but im just gunna suck it up. I feel bad for wanting to ditch dragon, but im just tired of drawing it and immediately being down on a card. And sometimes im forced to channeler it even if a better play exists. Ill try cardcars first but its probably going to make me see that stupid dragon more haha.

The artifact idea actually sounds cool, especially since most people should not be maining msts except of course artifacts which will help parties pop off better in those specific matches. I really need to just test that deck but dam is time not on my side. Fuck lol

[quote name="lightsworn beach" post="3719523" timestamp="1395990830"][quote name="Mr. Furnas Man" post="3719447" timestamp="1395979677"][quote name="lightsworn beach" post="3719368" timestamp="1395968690"]   [quote name="Mr. Furnas Man" post="3719346" timestamp="1395966257"] Also to the fella that topped columbus with harpies I seen a couple games cuz my teammate tyler got 2nd with poojins and I wanna say I thought you piloted the deck very well. I was rootin for ya haha gj though [/quote]   hahaha i appreciate it ty   i was surprised how many people still don't know a lot about the deck, like i even had to explain to my round 9 opponent after the game that if he had mst'd sign when i played it i wouldn't get either effect, weird since it ~ just ~ won a ycs right before that event [/quote] Np bud   that is strange, i would think us ohioans would be on it more than that but hey easy games right. So how do you feel the deck did? Any changes or mvp cards other than the obvious?    Dude my suspension is up TODAY and i hope i get reinstated in time for detroit reg. Im taking harpies there as i think they will have:   A) A great match up with decks that will be setting a dick ton of backrow which usually people do early in on formats with no Pukestorm   B) A great side being able to utilize LIM, SIM, mistake, and just so many more.   I just feel like this will have a good match up to other decks and can side well vs them.[/quote]   my fav thing in my build was cardcar because as people have pointed out, outside of rank 7s this deck doesnt really have a strong t1 play (and i dont even like making dsack unless i can pop a sign with it too, which i never had happen once at regs), hes great with the 3 duality i run too   outside of that my build is mostly standard-ish: [url=http://i.imgur.com/SVBEiH3.png]http://i.imgur.com/SVBEiH3.png[/url]   && yeah i think the deck is a great call for michigan regs, it's a deck that's really easy to side with and you can side in pretty much anything you want, outside of mermail i don't think the deck has a single horrendous matchup right now either[/quote] Yeah it looks good, how did the Icarus attacks work out? I feel like they shine going second but at the same time each harpie summon is kinda precious and almost always for a reason (like getting a egotist play off, plusing ground off) Also what did maestroke do for you? And the black ship seems pretty good now for getting around yamato since they usually go for hare first

i love love love icarus, its to harpies what full house is to a lot of decks, itll just blow out an opponents entire board sometimes with hhg if you bait out a diff backrow than the one you target (and aside from that its just good in general, lets channeler dodge veiler & bring out a dancer, stops pushes, lets you pop your own sign, etc etc)

i dont think i ever made maestroke but i couldnt really think of anything to play over it, i never felt like i needed anything else in my extra

herbie ✌    1340
Double 101, it basically replaces Maestroke anyways.
  • Upvote 4

yeah if i had access to double 101 that's what i would have done actually, i'd play double 101 in pretty much any rank 4 deck right now, unfortunately i was borrowing the lone 101 i was running because i haven't played a lot irl since january-ish

I agree 2 Arks seem great and only increase this decks grind games. The veiler trick really interests me, and if you get a plus one off of it thats great because this deck has so much backrow hate that the added monster hate would be sweet. I think im gunna test a lone copy, than bump it up to 2 soon after

».ben.    7438
All decks that use mostly rank 4 should have been playing double ark the entire time.

Yeah if theres a slot that is probably going to be the most advantageous one. Decks like infernity and mermails dont really have the room though, most of the time. I think theres room in harpies for though which is awesome!

iNetdeck    102

All decks that use mostly rank 4 should have been playing double ark the entire time.

And to this day I still get the surprised look, "you play TWO arks?"

Kknowles    3

http://i.imgur.com/cokmDag.png

This is what I have been messing around with as of late. It has the basic Harpie plays but has HUGE explosive plays with the addition of Instant Fusion and the Divine Wind.\

I added in the two Cardcar after reading the reasoning, tried it and immediately felt it had a home in the archetype. Monk is amazing, but just doesn't do enough later into the game that he is a card I have been contemplating dropping. You will most likely win the game if you open Monk/Sign, I wanted the extra room for the defensive traps. Valuing protection of the monsters to build up enough to simply push into 2-3 backrow with a good Hunting Ground.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Haven't tried that version yet. But just at a glance, wouldn't it be good to run a few copies of icarus attack since you can just instant the bird and ic attack problem cards all while not even normal summoning? Plus your running the max on harpies as well so it should be live. Not saying thats a great play but an extra option for you.

Scratch the maxx harpie thing, just double checked and saw the 2 queens.

IronPirate    829

http://i.imgur.com/cokmDag.png

This is what I have been messing around with as of late. It has the basic Harpie plays but has HUGE explosive plays with the addition of Instant Fusion and the Divine Wind.\

I added in the two Cardcar after reading the reasoning, tried it and immediately felt it had a home in the archetype. Monk is amazing, but just doesn't do enough later into the game that he is a card I have been contemplating dropping. You will most likely win the game if you open Monk/Sign, I wanted the extra room for the defensive traps. Valuing protection of the monsters to build up enough to simply push into 2-3 backrow with a good Hunting Ground.

Thoughts?

Could you explain why you use two Queen?

Ultima    99
Dont see why you would run 2 terraforming over third queen and third hunting ground
  • Upvote 3

Hawkeye    365

He's trying to make the 1-of Summoner Monk more live. I don't understand why Zephy is being dropped in most builds.

herbie ✌    1340

But that's running the exact same amount of spells...

He's trying to make the 1-of Summoner Monk more live. I don't understand why Zephy is being dropped in most builds.

I dont think he should get cut at all, hes just way too useful. I use zeph and a used party so much that hes pretty much a staple. And the fact that you can dump him in literally any stage in the game to where if you see even one party you should be able to use it twice! Thats just too strong in my opinion.