Jump to content
Darthflaw

[NEEDS UPDATE] Madolche - Discussion

Recommended Posts

Darthflaw    124

banner1.jpg

 

Originally released in Return of The Duelist, Madolche are an archetype of all Earth attribute monsters, including Spellcasters, Beasts and Fairies and Warriors all named after various desserts and treats. Madolche are a unique take on card games, as each monster has an effect to return itself to the deck when destroyed by your opponent.

After its debut in Return of The Duelist, Madolche were rather unimpressive, however with support from Abyss Rising and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy Madolche has slowly come into their own as a viable archetype.

 

 

Monsters

[spoiler]

 

Madolche Magileine

MadolcheMagileine-REDU-EN-SR-1E.png

Madolche Magileine is one of the strongest support monsters for the Madolche archetype, and arguably one of the best floaters ever printed. Due to her ability to search another copy of herself and her self-recycling effect, she saw play in decks such as Prophecy and Chain Beat for some time. For Madolche however, she’s a themed Elemental HERO Stratos, instantly bringing combo pieces to hand and offering a constant stream of monster presence

 

Madolche Messengelato:

MadolcheMessengelato-ABYR-EN-R-1E.png

Released in Abyss Rising, Madolche Messengelato is one of the most welcome additions to the Madolche deck.  A level 4 for the themed Boss monster, a Warrior type monster for Blade Armor Ninja and Heroic Champion-Excalibur, and a target for M-X Saber Invoker Messengelato offers a lot of versatility to the deck.  He also has the ability to search for the archetypes spell and trap support when Special Summoned while a Beast-type Madolche is on board.  It’s important to note that Messengelato requires a Beast-type Madolche to activate and resolve his effect, so if a card is chained to remove your Beast from the field Messengelato doesn’t get to search cards.

 

Madolche Hootcake:

MadolcheHootcake-LTGY-EN-SR-1E.png

Hootcake is the card that truly made Madolche a viable archetype. Hootcake is actually not extremely easy for Madolche to set up on their own because of their tendency to cycle back into the deck, but luckily there are plenty of engines that have perfect synergy with Madolche and fuel the grave to let Hootcake flood the field.

 

 

Madolche Mewfeuille:

MadolcheMewfeuille-REDU-EN-C-1E.png

Mewfeuille is our themed Marauding Captain, and an easy enabler for Messengelato. He’s also useful for easy rank 3 plays such as Invoker and Leviair.

 

 

Madolche Cruffsant:

 

 

Cruffsant is less straight-forward than the other Madolche monsters, but his applications are definitely valid. If his effect is used a couple times he becomes a sizable beater, something that the other Madolche monsters cannot do without the aid of Spells or Xyz summons. He also triggers Madolche Ticket, which can help to search out missing combo pieces and set the deck in motion. The fact that Cruffsant doesn’t function as a standalone card limits his playability, but he can certainly be a valid option.

 

Madolche Puddingcess:

 

Thanks to Mewfeuille and Hootcake, it’s actually not too hard to get Puddingcess onto the board; however, the deck is also perfectly capable of clearing away problem cards without her so that Mewfeuille and Hootcake plays can be conserved for stronger combos.

 

Madolche Queen Tiramisu

MadolcheQueenTiaramisu-ABYR-EN-UR-1E.png

The boss monster of the Madolche archetype, Tiramisu is possibly the best removal card in the game not named Spellbook of Fate, removing opposing threats without targeting them and, while staying true to the theme, recycling all of your resources. With the field spell in play she reaches a respectable 2700 attack, allowing her to push for decent damage after clearing away the opponent’s cards (especially when taking into account how often Tiaramisu is summoned alongside some other monsters, or with a Ticket in play).

 

[/spoiler]

 

 

Spells

[spoiler]

 

Madolche Chateau:

MadolcheChateau-REDU-EN-C-1E.png

Chateau is a unique field spell for the Madolche archetype. The 500 attack and defense boost is definitely appreciated in a deck of otherwise small monsters, but the really incredible part of Chateau is the effect that returns Madolches to the hand instead of the deck. This means that if a Madolche is run over, it returns to your hand instead. If it’s hit by Solemn Warning, it returns to the hand. If Madolche Queen Tiaramisu would return a monster to the deck, they go to your hand instead. If Chateau stays on the field, you essentially never lose your resources.

 

Madolche Ticket:

MadolcheTicket-ABYR-EN-C-1E.png

Ticket is sort of a themed Black Whirlwind, except searchable. Something that’s especially noteworthy is the option to Special Summon instead of searching if you control a Fairy-type Madolche monster. Madolche Queen Tiaramisu and Puddingcess currently are the only two Fairy-type Madolches in the TCG, however Queens effect will to trigger Ticket. A lot of simple boards are turned into OTK’s because of Ticket putting a Hootcake directly on the field. Two things to note are that Tickets search effect is Mandatory, and that you can only use the effect once each turn, meaning it will not stack similar to Whirlwind.

[/spoiler]

 

 

Trap

It's worth noting that Madolche actually have a few themed Traps to support them. Most of them however are impractical and unplayable, but there is one worth your attention

[spoiler]

Madolchepalooza:

Madolchepalooza-ABYR-EN-SR-1E.png

Madolchepalooza is a highly debated choice in Madolche decks. It is slow and situational, needing to wait an entire turn and requiring a significant number of Madolche monsters in hand to make it worthwhile. If the card fully resolves, it often results in a blowout, and its search-ability via Messengelato gives it definite merit as a one-of.

[/spoiler]

 

 

Supporting Engines:

 

Because of Hootcake’s need for monsters in the graveyard, most Madolche decks will employ some sort of secondary engine to make sure Hootcake is live.

 

[Spoiler]

 

Hand Traps:

EffectVeilerDREV-EN-UR-1E.jpgMaxxC-CT09-EN-SR-LE.png

Aside from being useful cards in general, Maxx “C” and Effect Veiler are easy to put in the graveyard as Hootcake fodder. Some combination of hand traps will be played between the main and side of most Madolche decks.

 

Psychic Engine:

EmergencyTeleportTDGS-EN-UR-1E.pngSerenePsychicWitch-AP03-EN-SR-UE.png

Teleport offers several things to the Madolche deck. Serene Psychic Witch is a decent floater, maintaining level 3’s on the board for Xyz Summons, and access to Naturia Synchros via one of the Psychic EARTH tuners is appreciated. Teleport instantly putting level 3’s on the board makes summoning Invoker considerably easier, letting the deck go into Tiaramisu with a much higher level of efficiency.

 

Tech Genus:

 

TGStrikerEXVC-EN-R-1E.jpgTGWarwolfEXVC-EN-C-1E.jpg

T.G. Striker and T.G. Warwolf are nice floaters to help get monsters in grave while maintaining resources, and both of them also offer interesting tricks to the deck. Striker opens the deck to Synchro plays, once again allowing access to the coveted Naturia Beast and Barkion, both of whom are potentially quite power in the current format. Warwolf summons himself when Mewfeuille or Hootcake resolve their effects, allowing for those Invoker plays that make summoning Tiaramisu so elementary.

 

CardCar D/Pot of Duality:

CardcarD-BP02-EN-R-1E.pngPotofDuality-BP02-EN-R-1E.png

Cardcar is fairly straightforward: accumulate resources while putting a dead body in the grave to make Hootcake live. Duality naturally goes hand-in-hand with Cardcar, letting the deck dig even deeper to ensure that combos happen as quickly as possible. A deck utilizing Cardcars requires extra protection since it doesn’t provide the field presence that Serene Psychic Witch or T.G. Warwolf do, but it really allows the Madolche cards to shine in their own right.

 

Instant Fusion:

InstantFusion-AP02-EN-C-UE.png

Instant Fusion very simply puts a body on board to go straight into Xyz plays. One has to be careful with Instant Fusion, though, because Madolche is already rather weak to Maxx “C” and a Maxx being chained to Instant Fusion can put you in a horrendous position. The most common targets for Instant Fusion are the Level 3 Fusionist and the Level 4 Karbonala Warrior.

 

Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders:

RedoxDragonRulerofBoulders-CT10-EN-ScR-L

Redox is often discussed as a possibility in Madolche because of his ability to turn dead Madolches in hand into useful bodies on-board, and because of his interactions with Hootcake banishing him from the grave. In a deck that’s specifically designed to keep Monsters out of the graveyard, though, it’s sometimes hard to make efficient use of either of his effects.

 

Spell Striker:

SpellStriker-BP02-EN-C-1E.png

Spell Striker can be utilized in turbo builds to put even more level 3’s on board, which leads to more Invoker plays and therefore more Tiaramisu plays. He’s most effective with cards like Upstart Goblin and Reinforcement of the Army (which coincidentally can search Messengelato, if you’re ever so inclined to have him in your hand).

 

Tour Guide From the Underworld:

TourGuideFromtheUnderworld-CT09-EN-SR-LE

Sometimes you really just can’t get enough level 3’s, and Tour Guide is useful if you find yourself wishing you could summon Rank 3 monsters even more often than you already do. In a combo-based deck like Madolche, it’s sometimes nice to have a decent standalone card that will do something while you wait to draw combo pieces, and Tour Guide does that while putting bodies in the grave for Hootcake.

[/spoiler]

 

Extra Deck

[spoiler]

Wind-Up Zenmaines

WindUpZenmaines-CT09-EN-SR-LE.png

 

Zenmaines is a staple rank 3 in most extra decks that can make it. It has a decent defense that can buy you some time and its destruction effect is still quite powerful. Outside of cards like Number 50: Blackship of Corn and the limited Compulsory Evacuation Device, once Zenmaines hits the board, he will likely stick until your opponent can find an easy way over him.

 

M.X-Saber Invoker

MXSaberInvoker-ORCS-EN-ScR-1E.png

His stats might not be great, but Invoker is a necessary combo-piece in the Madolche extra deck. Typically made with a used Hootcake and another level 3, Invoker pulls Messengelato from the deck to help facilitate rank 4 plays.

 

Leviair the Sea Dragon

LeviairtheSeaDragon-CT09-EN-SR-LE.png

Leviair is a great utility card, allowing you to recycle banished Madolches and helping to further facilitate combo plays.

 

Abyss Dweller

AbyssDweller-ABYR-EN-SR-1E.png

Since its release in Abyss Rising, Dweller has become a near staple in almost any deck that could make it. With Mermail and Bujins being popular choices for the current format, Dweller should continue to find itself in the Extra Deck.

 

Gagaga Cowboy

GagagaCowboy-CT10-EN-SR-LE.png

Once the Madolche deck establishes its board, it is capable of doing a tremendous amount of damage in one turn, including the occasional OTK. There are times however when you just can’t deal enough, and for when that happens there’s this guy. The 800 burn damage can easily steal games for you, and his first effect means he can crash with or run over almost any big monster your opponent puts on the board.

Other Options:

-Diamond Dire Wolf

-Blackship of Corn

Evilswarm Exciton Knight

Number 101 Silent Honors Knight

Number 49: Fortune Tune

Mechaquipped Angineer

Temptempo the Percussion Djinn

Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

Soul of Silvermountain

-Naturia Beast, Naturia Barkion, Black Rose Dragon, Arcanite Magician (depending on which Tuners, if any, are run)

[/spoiler]

 

 

Side Deck Options

[spoiler]

 

Gozen Match:

300px-GozenMatch-TU08-EN-R-UE.png

With the entire deck being EARTH-attribute monsters, Gozen Match gives the deck an edge post-side against multi-attribute decks.

 

Trap Stun/Royal Decree:

RoyalDecree-LCYW-EN-UR-1E.png

Against Trap-heavy decks, both of these options can lock down their backrows while you make a big play to put yourself in a winning position.

 

DNA Surgery:

DNASurgeryDB1-EN-C-UE.jpg

With many decks in the format revolving around keeping 1 specific type of monster on the field, Surgery is a one card way to disrupt many strategies. Depending on your hand and the game state when you flip it, your best bets to call are Beast or Fairy with this card.

 

Soul Drain:

300px-SoulDrain-REDU-EN-R-1E.png

Soul Drain is an interesting choice for Madolche, as it stops all of the archetypes monsters from recycling themselves. While this does mean you won’t be triggering Ticket as often, it does mean you will be able to make Hootcake live much easier, so it’s not a terrible trade-off, especially since it can still shut down other decks completely.

 

Other side deck options:

-Morphing Jar #2

-Dust Tornado

-The Transmigration Prophecy

-Thunder King Rai-Oh

-Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

[/spoiler]

 

 

Combos

[spoiler]

Most of the combos in Madolche are quite situational and pretty straightforward. However a basic "Queen Combo" could look something like:

In Hand: Madolche Mewfuielle + Madolche Hootcake

In Grave: Any monster

In deck: 2 copies of Madolche Messengelato

 

First you summon Mew, using it's effect to summon Hootcake from your hand.

Activate Hootcakes effect, targeting your in-grave monster. Once he resolves, summon Madolche Messengelato from your deck. Use Messengelatos effect to search Madolche Ticket from the deck. Activate Madolche Ticket

Overlay Mew+Hootcake for M-X Saber Invoker

Use Invoker to summon another Madolche Messengelato from the deck.
Overlay the 2 Messengelato for Madolche Queen Tiaramisu.

Use Queens effect to target 2 Madolche cards in your grave (usually the materials of both Invoker and Queen) to return to your deck.

Return targets to your deck or hand(If you have Chateau on board). Spin two cards your opponent controls.

On resolution of Queens effect, Madolche Ticket will activate, allowing you to search any Madolche monster from your deck. Because you control a fairy, you have the option of summoning whatever monster you search.

[/spoiler]

 

Rulings

[spoiler]

Targeting your in-grave monster with Hootcake is a cost to activate his effect, banishing it is a part of his effects resolution.

 

In order for Messengelato to both activate and resolve his effect, there must be a beast-type Madolche on your field. If you SS him and your opponent uses a card like Compulsory Evacuation Device on your only beast-type monster, his effect will fizzle.

 

If you summon Messengelato off of Hootcake or Mewfueille and have a copy of T.G. Warwolf in hand, you may summon the Warwolf and still search with Messengelato.  See SEGOC.

 

Similarly, if Messengelato is summoned during the damage step, he can still activate his effect.

 

Madolche Queen Tiaramisu can return cards that were attached to her as XYZ materials to the deck IF there is already a legal target in your grave when you activate her effect(similar to Zombie Master and Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner).

 

 

If Necrovalley is on the field and your opponent destroys one of your Madolche monsters, they will return themselves to the deck.

 

If your opponent has control of your monster and you destroy it by battle or card effect, that monster will not return to the deck.

 

[/spoiler]

 

 

Sample Deck Lists:

[spoiler]

Top 8 Frankfurt Germany Regional (Jaunary 2014):

Monsters(17)

2 Cardcar D

3 Madolche Hootcake

3 Madolche Magileine

2 Madolche Messengelato

3 Madolche Mewfeuille

1 Spell Striker

2 T.G. Warwolf

Spells(11)

1 Book of moon

2 Madolche Chateau

2 Madolche Ticket

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

2 Pot of Duality

1 Reinforcement of the Army

Traps(12)

1 Bottomless Trap Hole

1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

3 Fiendish Chain

2 Madolche Palooza

2 Mirror Force

1 Solemn Warning

1 Trap Stun

1 Torrential Tribute

Side-Deck(15)

2 D.D. Crow

2 Effect Veiler

2 Maxx “C”

2 System Down

2 Debunk

3 Dust Tornado

2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror

 

Extra Deck(15)

1 Abyss Dweller

1 Diamond Dire Wolf

1 Blade Armor Ninja

1 Gagaga Cowboy

1 Ghostrick Alucard

1 Leviair the Sea Dragon

2 M-X Saber Invoker

2 Madolche Queen Tiaramisu

1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

1 Mechaquipped Angineer

1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn

1 Steelswarm Roach

1 Wind-Up Zenmaines

 

 

 


Top 32 YCS Toronto 2013 David Wu (Madolche Psychic)
 
Monsters (20)
3 Madolche Magileine
2 Madolche Messengelato
2 Madolche Hootcake
1 Madolche Baaple
1 Madolche Mewfeuille
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld
2 Giant Rat
2 Serene Psychic With
1 Psychic Jumper
2 Maxx "C"
2 Tragoedia
 
Spells (10)
2 Madolche Chateau
1 Madolche Ticket
2 Emergency Teleport
2 Forbidden Lance
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Book of Moon
 
Traps (10)
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Dimensional Prison
2 Mirror Force
2 Fiendish Chain
1 Madolchepalooza
 
Side Deck (15)
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
2 D.D. Crow
2 Effect Veiler
2 Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
2 fencing Fire Ferret
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Mind Control
1 Dimensional Prison
2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
1 Needle Ceiling
 
Extra Deck (15)
1 Naturia Beast
1 Narutia Barkion
1 Mechquipped Angineer
2 Madolche Queen Tiaramisu
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 30: Acid Golem
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Maestroke, the Symphony Djinn
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 M-X-Saber Invoker
1 Leviair, the Sea Dragon
1 Gagaga Cowboy

 

[/spoiler]

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FaipDeOaid    169
I'm fairly certain Messengelato misses the timing if it's summon is Chain Link 2 or higher.

I'm also fairly certain T.G. Madolches is the way to go this format. Using the TG Engine to off-set the less than ideal hands. Striker opens up the game to Wonder Magician, Beast and the other level 5s. Even Barkion allows you to flip Palooza for swarm shenanigans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
siulblade212    508
I disagree, especially since people are running black horn. And i think seven tools has become even more relevant then before. I'm still a firm believer in palooza for game. I just 4-0ed ashes hieratics; no sides. Synchroing isn't worth the neg one, and tools just shuts down the relevant trap for tiaramisu to push through the rest. And tg's are just slow, and show no synergy by themselves. But, I am in love with spell striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darthflaw    124

I'm fairly certain Messengelato misses the timing if it's summon is Chain Link 2 or higher.

I'm also fairly certain T.G. Madolches is the way to go this format. Using the TG Engine to off-set the less than ideal hands. Striker opens up the game to Wonder Magician, Beast and the other level 5s. Even Barkion allows you to flip Palooza for swarm shenanigans.

 

Just double checked, you are correct on that ruling about Messengelato missing timing. My bad. OP should be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FaipDeOaid    169
Even so, you don't have to Synchro, the point is backing up your plays because TG Warwolf has already shown synergy with the deck and with each other. The point of running TG Striker is to give Warwolf the ability to float and provide utility. That said, Spell Striker is a terrible stand alone card. You need to burn a monster with it to get anything going. Your entire argument is counter-intuitive. Your arguing the same points that can be applied to Striker.

Please refrain from Anecdotal evidence. Especially the super vague kind with limited results. 4-0 could mean you're a sack, or you played against a shitty player or just a shitty build. Get back to me when you've gone 8-0 at a regional. Or won a YES with it. Those are the only anecdotal stories I care about.

Palooza is still a sub-par card, in a sub-par build. Let's get something new going, because what we currently have has been discussed to death. And ineffective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darthflaw    124

My biggest issue with the TG engine is finding space. The only cards I can feasibly cut from my main are cardcar, Maxx "C" and Instant fusion, and with the exception of Fusion, I find that the other two are just too valuable for me now that everyone is playing Water or Hieratic. The rest is all core Madolche stuff. Also if you are testing that build, what is your extra deck looking like post LVAL? Surely you're running more than just 2 Naturia synchros and with Exciton Knight and 101 releasing this month we've already got to cut something to fit those in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyThere    10

How many hand traps should we play? I used to play 3 maxx "c" 2 veiler and 1 scarecrow but now i'm thinking of increasing veiler to 3 scarecrow to 2 and move maxx "c"to the side. Also any ideas on new hand traps to play like possibly d.d. crow in the main or maybe chow chow chan (i know it's not great but i think it's cute)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darthflaw    124

How many hand traps should we play? I used to play 3 maxx "c" 2 veiler and 1 scarecrow but now i'm thinking of increasing veiler to 3 scarecrow to 2 and move maxx "c"to the side. Also any ideas on new hand traps to play like possibly d.d. crow in the main or maybe chow chow chan (i know it's not great but i think it's cute)

That's very much a decision you have to make based on your local meta. Here, where people are all playing Hieratic, Geargia and Water I've been main decking 2 Maxx "C". Last format when everyone played Dragunity I played 3 maxx and 1 scarecrow.

 

D.D. Crow definitely goes in the side if anywhere at all. It doent really hurt any decks enough game one to warrant being in the main.  Chow Chan would be the absolute shit if he kept his anime effect. Given that he didn't, he's a joke and should stay stuck in your commons/bulk box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
┬╗neptune    3789

This is definitely one of my favorite decks right now. The only hand traps I'm playing currently in the main is Maxx "C" seeing that fire and water are currently on the ride.

 

Can't wait till Anjelly is released.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
siulblade212    508
I didn't ask for your opinion either, palooza is not a subpar card. Synchroing is, and so are running shitty floaters that'll get stomped by any deck ever. Lol. But, keep believing what you want, and you'll still be wrong. :)
  • Downvote 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slickz    4322

Also, two madoclhes have topped recently running double palooza, so, I know you're wrong.



Palooza is okay as a one of but its an inconsistent combo card that does nothing on its own.

Dont be results oriented. Just because a deck "topped" using certain cards doesnt mean they are good choices. There are such things as variance and luck you know.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darthflaw    124
Can we please not do this again. This is shit we did last thread. Palooza IS subpar. Doesn't mean it can't lead to blowouts. But that doesn't make it the best card in the deck by any stretch of the imagination. I think that the tg monsters do have a place in the deck. Despite being terrible standalone cards they do offer the deck some measure of versatility. we aren't dark world who play spam your boss.dek. Madolche have a ton of cool tricks to them. Playing them in such a linear fashion as lolqueen.dek or palooza.dek isn't viable. I think the tg idea is worth exploring on and discussing. But please don't make this thread one just one big argument over one card again. Especially since everyone but one person seems to agree its not that good.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S0nD3RR    43

I didn't ask for your opinion either, palooza is not a subpar card. Synchroing is, and so are running shitty floaters that'll get stomped by any deck ever. Lol. But, keep believing what you want, and you'll still be wrong. :)

How are you not gone?

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CesarELeon    0
Palooza should not be the focus of this deck. This was discussed last format. I enjoy the striker/ instant fusion engine more but I feel like in this format where we're going up against mermails,hieratics, and geargia who can all otk us turn one it won't cut. Maybe mixing the 2 engines would be optimal. Warwolfs strikers and fusion all open the game for us. But going T.G. striker into a synchro is a -1 especially now that black horn is seeing play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
siulblade212    508
[quote name="Invoker" post="3670922" timestamp="1389989883"][quote name="siulblade212" post="3670857" timestamp="1389984478"]I didn't ask for your opinion either, palooza is not a subpar card. Synchroing is, and so are running shitty floaters that'll get stomped by any deck ever. Lol. But, keep believing what you want, and you'll still be wrong. :)[/quote] How are you not gone?[/quote] You understand you've contributed literally nothing to this thread, or the previous ones? All you've done is say why am I here? I understand I'm not the best at "discussing" this deck, and i just say I'm right, and that's not the way to help out per say, but, you're literally garbage, and a waste of space. Please stop quoting me for a plus one. -_- And for discussion, can someone explain to me, with logical reasoning how palooza is a "subpar" card?
  • Downvote 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nidoqueen    146

How many hand traps should we play? I used to play 3 maxx "c" 2 veiler and 1 scarecrow but now i'm thinking of increasing veiler to 3 scarecrow to 2 and move maxx "c"to the side. Also any ideas on new hand traps to play like possibly d.d. crow in the main or maybe chow chow chan (i know it's not great but i think it's cute)

 

For the Hand Traps, I'm currently running 2 Maxx "C" and 1 Effect Veiler main deck and I haven't had any problem yet.

I side the second Effect Veiler and 2 D.D. Crow according to the match-up. However, I'm considering sinding 1 or 2 Swift Scarecrow; but it will depend on the number of decks able to OTK.

 

--

 

@siulblade212: Though I kinda agree with you, I think you're too agressive the way you try to show your point. It is not the goal of the thread.

We're here to discuss; and not to tell those who disagree with you they're wrong without trying to understand their point of view or what.

 

For Palooza, it indeed is a player's preference. Mine is 2 Palooza atm.

 

There are few moves that are pretty cute to perform when you have 1 Magileine/Hoot in hand.

I managed to take the advantage in spite of a pretty poor open or in a game in which my opponent was having everything to counter me:

 

 

Normal Magileine

Fetches Hoot

Palooza on Hoot

Hoot specials Gelato

Gelato fetches Ticket

Overlay Magileine and Gelato for Tiara

Tiara bounces Palooza/Gelato and 2 opponent's cards

Ticket specials Mew/Hoot (or Gelato to fetch Chateau; but this makes this loop lose its goal.)

Attack with everything

Overlay the LV3 Madolches into Angineer.

 

I really love this one. Angineer protects Tiara while feeding her.

 

Or this one (though it is more of a grind game I think):

 

 

Palooza on Hoot

Hoot specials Gelato

Gelato fetches Ticket

Suicides Hoot on an opponent's monster

Ticket fetches Magileine

Normal Magileine

Fetches whatever you need/want

Overlay Magileine/Gelato into Tiara

Tiara bounces Palooza/Gelato and 2 opponent's cards.

 

It does not work if the opponent hasn't any 1500+ monster.

Basically, you're in a good position if the opponent has nothing to deal with a Hootcake. If it is the case, Tiaramisu is not needed; therefore, Palooza isn't as well, so you just normal summon Hootcake.

It is more something you can drop against an Evilswarm or whatever.

 

These can also be performed with 1 Palooza, but I've been more comfortable using 2 rather than 1.

To be honest, most of the time my Mew got Veiler'd/Drain'd or whatever that just stopped me from looping, I was about to lose because a mere 500/1000 ATK alone monster is almost like having no monster to protect yourself.

So I just added 1 Palooza to get rid of this problem. It's working pretty well for the moment. Maybe I'll change something when I test.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
siulblade212    508
Did I not distinctly state that I'm not very brash towards a "discussion?" I'm pretty sure I did, so it seems redundent to just reitarate what i said...anyways, its exact plays like that, that make the card great. Palooza, plus mage=an actually play...especially angineer plays, which I tend to fall back on very often. Also, as far as hand traps are concerned, I run scarecrow over veiler. I'm seeing lots of otks in my Meta, and I hate going card car, open field just to get otk-ed, or even stuck in a situation where mid game you have to cardcar, at least it can save you if you're low, and fuels hoot( bad argument cause there's better options for that, but, it sometimes happens). What do you guys tend to veiler? Kinda a dumb question, but, I don't seem too have problems breaking established boards with palooza, unless back row(when I don't have an out to traps, but I wouldn't push then, duh)+established board, or hand trap+established board. But most decks would lose then, and palooza makes you special all at once. Sometimes can be simple pushes for game, or to bait back row, or to otk. Etc. The card is very versatile, and explosive. Anyways, I digress, I haven't seen a need to veiler, when I can just scarecrow, or push harder, or whatever be the situation.
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canadian    701

Hi everyone, I have something a little different that's not format related, but it is really fun.

 

So at my University there is a tournament and all of the terrible players (they use joey-themed decks, etc..) and a few decent players are going to. There is a cash prize for some reason and the rules were simply January 2014 TCG and One Banned Card of your choice.

 

So I figured I might as well make the most broken deck using that banned card and get some easy cash. I thought long and hard about what deck I could base it around (some of the other kids are using things like Painful Choice for Dragon Rulers, and one kid is using Makyura in his Exodia deck), and I figured Madolches were the best option.

 

Here is the deck I will be using.

 

oI9Ymfl.png

 

I didn't make a side deck yet, but it will be fairly standard, geared towards anti-drain decks and alternate victory decks.

 

Basically, Rescue Cat is the most broken card on the ban list because of Madolches and Uniflora. Since Uniflora doesn't do much on its own and Madolches already win tournaments, this felt like a sure thing.

 

An example of what a single first turn play looks like:

 

> Normal Summon Rescue Cat

> SS Mew and Hootcake

> RFG Cat and SS Messengelato

> Search for Madolche S/T (preferably Chateau)

> Xyz Mew and Hootcake for Leviair

> Detach for Leviair and SS Cat

> SS Hootcake #2 and Mew #2

> RFG Cat and SS Messengelato #2

> Search for Madolche S/T #2

 

From here you can simply swarm the field and make Tiaramisu(s) to spin their stuff. If you run out of Madolche targets in your Deck, you can hold on to Chateau and play it later to refill it and allow more summoning. You can even start things off with Summoner Monk as well.

 

I opted for the T.G. engine instead of Instant Fusion for Extra Deck space as well as Naturia Beast. It's basically the same as how the deck will function after Angelly is released. Warwolf also prevents OTKs though I probably wont have to worry about that.

 

If you guys have suggestions, please let me know.

 

Hopefully i'll do well. I can let you guys know how it goes if you want updates later.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canadian    701

Hootcake's effect can only be used once per turn, actually.

 

Hey, you're right! Woops.

 

You could still end with Leviair, Invoker, a Madolche S/T search, and a Tiaramisu just from a Normal Summon though.

 

Good thing I found out before Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FaipDeOaid    169



I didn't ask for your opinion either, palooza is not a subpar card. Synchroing is, and so are running shitty floaters that'll get stomped by any deck ever. Lol. But, keep believing what you want, and you'll still be wrong. :)

How are you not gone?
You understand you've contributed literally nothing to this thread, or the previous ones? All you've done is say why am I here?

I understand I'm not the best at "discussing" this deck, and i just say I'm right, and that's not the way to help out per say, but, you're literally garbage, and a waste of space. Please stop quoting me for a plus one. -_-

And for discussion, can someone explain to me, with logical reasoning how palooza is a "subpar" card?

Requesting Ban.

It's not about quantity, but quality. Invoker brought more to this thread in a handful of posts than you ever did. All you do is bring up the same old ass arguments, bringing 0 new to these discussions.

Palooza is a terrible stand alone card. It does nothing unless you're set-up. This isnt return from the different dimension. They bottomless or tt you most likely lost the game.
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S0nD3RR    43

 

I didn't ask for your opinion either, palooza is not a subpar card. Synchroing is, and so are running shitty floaters that'll get stomped by any deck ever. Lol. But, keep believing what you want, and you'll still be wrong. :)

How are you not gone?

 


You understand you've contributed literally nothing to this thread, or the previous ones? All you've done is say why am I here?

I understand I'm not the best at "discussing" this deck, and i just say I'm right, and that's not the way to help out per say, but, you're literally garbage, and a waste of space. Please stop quoting me for a plus one. -_-

And for discussion, can someone explain to me, with logical reasoning how palooza is a "subpar" card?

You should go make your own thread in the single card discussion about Madolchepalooza because its literally all you talk about. It is NOT a game winning end all card and any decent yugioh player let alone Madolche play can see that. I'm garbage and a waste of space? You really have to attempt to personally insult me? Sounds like you don't have any real points. I've contributed nothing? I've contributed results while you've contributed posts that are quite literally wastes of time to read because they all endorse the same incorrect point that you won't budge on. You are a cancer and you take real discussion away from the people in this thread looking to fine tune this deck. 

 

Requesting ban as well. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×