Dirk    1957
No that was game 3. Opp went first with cardcar set 3. Rj went dweller then got otked.

There was another reversal quiz guy who was 2-0, and sat at the wrong table....and then won, and when signing the match slip saw it was the wrong table, and got a match loss. Then his car got towed and he dropped. 

• Upvote 45
  • Downvote 1

There was another reversal quiz guy who was 2-0, and sat at the wrong table....and then won, and when signing the match slip saw it was the wrong table, and got a match loss. Then his car got towed and he dropped. 

WELL NOW

• Upvote 1

Squiddy    9185
278 Huang, Anderson Asian 15

.. dat middle name

also diego haltom x-1 XD

go utah peeps
  • Upvote 6

+Urthor    10297

Oh my god RJ

;(

Dirk    1957
They are trying jono lol.
  • Upvote 4

Anyone know how Ethan Vincent is doing? He was the guy dueling dalton when the DQ happened. He's a little kid from my locals who didn't even have his invite, and borrowed a lightsworn deck to clean an lcq lol.

Lang    928
How many rounds left overall? Id guess one more today and maybe 3 tomorrow then top cut? 1600 some ppl i think entered

+Urthor    10297

They are trying jono lol.

#Targetonyourback

Dodging them bulleeeeeets

902    1774

9 rounds day 1 2 rounds day 2 i believe

+Urthor    10297
89 Vu, Elvis 18

Picks a deck 2 days before Vegas

Top 8

Picks a deck 2 days b4 Detroit

Still getting there boys

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10297

Can anyone confirm the ruling on sagequoia now missing timing? Sorry Sylvan players..

Sagequoia doesn't miss timing.  That's a shitty rumour, PSCT is incredibly clear on Hermitree milling a plant vs Sagequoia

• Upvote 2

Dover    117
missing timing for wat? It's always been able to miss timing........

O srry u meant Hermitree my b

iNetdeck    102

Can anyone confirm the ruling on sagequoia now missing timing? Sorry Sylvan players..

Sagequoia doesn't miss timing.  That's a shitty rumour, PSCT is incredibly clear on Hermitree milling a plant vs Sagequoia

I'm not at the event so I don't know, but they did contact Konami about it and Konami gave the final word.

EDIT: I'll just wait, there's no proof in stone.

• Downvote 2

+Urthor    10297

Ok let's be clear about this because having this shitty rumour about Hermitree vs Sagequoia floating around is just bad for the game in general.  

AND IF YOU DO: <Do A, and if you do, do B>

Timeline: Considered simultaneous. Both happen at the same time.

Causation: A is required for B, but NOT vice-versa. If A does not happen, then stop. If B cannot happen, you still do A.

Basically, this phrase acts like “also” & “and” for Timeline purposes, but acts like “then” for Causation purposes.

Example: Memory of an Adversary (from Abyss Rising) says, in part:
When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You take damage equal to the attacking monster’s ATK, and if you do, banish that monster.

Timing: When this effect resolves, taking damage and banishing the monster happen at the same time. Effects can be activated that happen “WHEN” you take damage, and effects can be activated that happen “WHEN” a monster is banished/leaves the field.

Causation: You have to take damage in order to banish the monster. If you can’t take damage because another effect prevents it, then you don’t banish the monster.

Here is a direct quote from Kevin Tewart himself explaining how the "and if you do" conjunction works with PSCT.  http://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=4514 here is a link to the original article

Once per turn: You can excavate the top card of your Deck, and if it is a Plant-Type monster, send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card. Otherwise, place it on the bottom of your Deck. If this card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: Look at up to 3 cards from the top of your Deck, then place them on the top of the Deck in any order.

Here is the text of Hermitree, with the relevant point highlighted.

Point is, if you mill a card with Hermitree and draw a card, the plant monster is milled simultaneously with the draw.  Because drawing a card and sending it to grave happen simultaneously,  It's physically impossible for Sagequoia to miss timing because of the rules of the game.

The judges at the WCQ are not ruling that Sequoia misses timing because they're not idiots and know how PSCT works, and if they did misrule it the players themselves will point out the ruling is wrong, because PSCT is set in stone.  

• Upvote 3