Matt Bishop

yCS tOroNTo September 2014

natas666    59

"McCabe drew one of his three Swords of Concealing Light, summoner Hyper Hammerhead, and ran it into Hoban's face-down monster: Electromagnetic Bagworm. Hoban took control of Hyper Hammerhead with Bagworm's effect, and McCabe set Butterspy Protection to his backrow."

Well that's not how that card works

I thought all monsters were all types in draft? or is that only for equip spells...?

• Upvote 2

Brandon Wigley    3438

"McCabe drew one of his three Swords of Concealing Light, summoner Hyper Hammerhead, and ran it into Hoban's face-down monster: Electromagnetic Bagworm. Hoban took control of Hyper Hammerhead with Bagworm's effect, and McCabe set Butterspy Protection to his backrow."

I thought all monsters were all types in draft? or is that only for equip spells...?

If that's true then idk, We weren't told that in Vegas so unless it's changed i'd assume it was the same. If not then that makes a lot of bad cards really really good.

Edit: I just asked, apparently they are all types. Weird

+Paraliel+    8035

If that's true then idk, We weren't told that in Vegas so unless it's changed i'd assume it was the same. If not then that makes a lot of bad cards really really good.

It's only for the newest Battle Pack

Cruz24    139

Battlepack 3 uses all monsters as all types

natas666    59

yea i thought i saw that, thats why they put so many type specific equip cards in the new BP

α    340
has hoban won a ycs?

no

he does now

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 19

Soul    7947

i think thats a ban worthy post 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

atem16    283
I'm glad pat won I'm just curious on him running the lightsworn hybrid he talked about shaddolls themselves having consistency issues but plays the inconsistent engine I hope he makes an article on his explanation on it

Yeah, but the final standings had all but 1 person with 22 pts topping and Desmond isn't even on the list.  Just wanted to know if he got dq'd or something

Round 10 Desmond Boyd played Tom Mak and the match resulted in a draw, which left both of them with 23 points which means they both would have topped. The judges thought that they intentionally drew, which was not the case, and they were both DQ'd as a result.

they actually did. I could even hear them discussing it.

• Upvote 9

i dont get why konami doesnt allow IDs, if people really want to they will force out the draw
  • Downvote 1

Brandon Wigley    3438

i dont get why konami doesnt allow IDs, if people really want to they will force out the draw

clearly not

• Upvote 3

Patrick Hoban    6364
This is pretty surreal.

I also find it pretty incredible Josh won Madrid. He's easily the player most deserving of a win and I'd put him in top 3 players in the world.
  • Upvote 27

This is pretty surreal.

I also find it pretty incredible Josh won Madrid. He's easily the player most deserving of a win and I'd put him in top 3 players in the world.

you will write a report this week?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

This is pretty surreal.

Too bad he's colour blind :3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Lang    905
Here comes the neg rep, but intentional drawing is bullshit. I couldnt even imagine the feels of not topping bc two ppl tied last round and i get 33rd or something.

Whether or not u agree with drawing or not, this isnt an arg event. Why even try it here? You deserve any punishment given to you, follow the rules lol
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

+Urthor    10236

The fact that ID's literally give you such a giant advantage, and are so easy to pull off, is just so awkward though.  Like the incentive to cheat is actually off the charts.

KDE should either just ban draws in the last 2 rounds, or make IDs legal.  Having this halfway house where players have this infinite temptation to cheat this way, and it's really hard to get caught, it's not good for the game.  

that marcus kid    2426

Here comes the neg rep, but intentional drawing is bullshit. I couldnt even imagine the feels of not topping bc two ppl tied last round and i get 33rd or something.

Whether or not u agree with drawing or not, this isnt an arg event. Why even try it here? You deserve any punishment given to you, follow the rules lol

This has actually happened to me but its like you went x-2 get over it

Bears!    898

Need decklists.

lel fuck off netdecker you don't need to know the deck lists of new archetypes people play successfully at the first YCS of the season  just be original and lrn2play ygo urself

1v1 me faget 1 game no side 5 dollarls umad

ACP    33423

So about a month and a half ago, I gave a clear explanation of why IDs should be legal in yugioh, in a different thread of course. Was mostly met with backlash, regarding how I want to turn our game into mtg or whatever it is people think about me these days. 

Then a known/liked player gets DQed for IDing at a tournament, and suddenly everyone is in favor of allowing IDs. To be fair, at least in the two threads it was different people posting, so it could just be a sampling difference. Well, except for this.

Urthor before:

The process of x-1s drawing excluding weaker x-2s who would otherwise have entered the top cut is inherently unfair.  Wumbo and Earl are absolutely right on this Allen.  Scenarios where two players have the same record and you're deciding who tops based on tie breaks are just inherently bad to have. 

The factors of the tie breaks you get at an event are 80% out of an individual player's control, it's a mediocre method to tournament management that's unfair as fuck and has to be put up with.  Individual draws exacerbate this issue and mean more people lose out on the top cut because of the tie breaks fortune has given them.

Urthor now:

The fact that ID's literally give you such a giant advantage, and are so easy to pull off, is just so awkward though.  Like the incentive to cheat is actually off the charts.

KDE should either just ban draws in the last 2 rounds, or make IDs legal.  Having this halfway house where players have this infinite temptation to cheat this way, and it's really hard to get caught, it's not good for the game.  

God damn it Urthor.

• Upvote 14

tichris93    667

Yeah, but the final standings had all but 1 person with 22 pts topping and Desmond isn't even on the list.  Just wanted to know if he got dq'd or something

Round 10 Desmond Boyd played Tom Mak and the match resulted in a draw, which left both of them with 23 points which means they both would have topped. The judges thought that they intentionally drew, which was not the case, and they were both DQ'd as a result.

they actually did. I could even hear them discussing it.

they actually didnt. they talked about what a draw entailed and Desmond said "let's just play".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

obviously its different at every event, but how much intent needs to be shown before the judge can rule against the players? Could it be something along the lines of saying "we both top if we draw" or "drawing is the best option for both of us". how likely is it that the players will be put at fault for making sub-optimal plays or playing slowly?