YugiohExpert98

Evilswarm Deck For Regionals .

Hey guys, I have decided I was going to take this to my Regionals in Louisville on March 1st. Unless someone greatly convinces me otherwise. My main reason is, I haven't played with this deck at large scale tournaments for a while. I know this deck isn't very fun, at all. But to me neither is Geargia or Fire Fists. So it doesn't really matter which I take. I have been testing this on Dueling Network lately and it has been doing extremely good. So here is my deck, explanations will be at the end.

Main Deck 40:

17 Monsters:
3x Evilswarm Kerykeion 
3x Evilswarm Castor
3x Evilswarm Thunderbird
3x Evilswarm Mandragora
3x Evilswarm Heliotrope
1x Rescue Rabbit
1x Dark Armed Dragon

10 Spells:
3x Infestation Pandemic
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Forbidden Dress
1x Reinforcement Of the Army
1x Dark Hole

13 Traps:
3x Fiendish Chain
2x Mirror Force
2x Black Horn Of Heaven
2x Mistake
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Infestation Infection
1x Solemn Warning

15 Extra:
3x Evilswarm Ophion
2x Evilswarm Bahamut
1x Evilswarm Ouroboros
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Evilswarm Nightmare
1x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
1x Number 66: Master Key Beetle
1x Number 50: Blackship Of Corn
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Diamond Dire Wolf
1x Maestroke The Symphony Djinn
1x Abyss Dweller

15 Side:
2x Effect Veiler
2x Maxx "C"
2x Twister
2x Overworked
2x DNA Surgery
2x Deck Devastation Virus
1x Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1x Soul Drain
1x Macro Cosmos

Reasonings:

No Compulsory Evacuation Device
[SPOILER]The card is subpar vs the meta. It really doesn't do much. Tbh most decks can easily come back. 1) Mermail: If your CED even makes it to their summons, which it could unless they blind MST, Marksman you, they can easily summon more. If you bounce their xyz they will still be able to do more if it is the same turn or not, mainly since if they summon Megalo they can search out their Squall or Sphere. There is never a situation where CED will hurt them very much due to the fact that most of their stuff is searchable and able to be summon easily through Sphere, Squall, Abysslinde. Running CED just to stop some of their summons won't help very much, I would much rather use Soul Drain, Abyss Dweller, Macro Cosmos. Because none of those really waste spots like Compulsory does.  2) Fire Fists: What? They already plussed of their monster if it's Prince. You just let them re-use it and hope they don't have Tensu or Rekindling. Which they can easily acquire with them both at three and one being searchable. And if you bounce their first monster summon they'll just have their card back in their hand for re-use. It will be even worse if they have Tensu. I mean unless you win the turn after you activate CED they'll just do the same thing. What will you do then? 3) Spellbooks: What does it do vs them? They easily get over it. They have monsters they can easily summon, if you bounce their first summon wow big deal. Unless you can OTK them, they'll do the exact same thing. They might even special summon priestess and laugh at you. I would rather run stuff that is assured to help when used, not a gimmicky card that really doesn't have much use for the top decks. 4) Hieratics: The only real competitive Hieratic deck is the Ruler variant. And CED hardly hurts them. Yeah you can bounce their first xyz. But their main goal is summoning Rulers it is what they revolve around. That will just fuel the grave. And if you bounce their first monster summon they will just summon rulers. They also run Dragon Shrine/Hieratic Seal Of The Ashes. That will make more and more fodder. They literally would care less if you use this against them. They have really good grind game, unlike the other variants.    Sure, this does hurt some decks. Mostly rogue. But tbh most decks I play, more than likely they won't be rogue. I'm preparing for the top decks, not rogue decks.[/SPOILER]

No Safe Zone/Vanity's Emptiness Lock:
[SPOILER]Well this combo was nice to stop most meta decks, but in all honesty there wasn't many times you can say you've had a fully protected lock. And sometimes you only have one Xyz, which if it's protected with Safe Zone it won't be able to poke the opponent, so you won't be able to win unless you get another xyz/monster to poke with. And Vanity's Emptiness is nice, but situational unless you get Key Beetle which isn't always the best turn one move.[/SPOILER]

No Mained Effect Veilers:
[SPOILER]As much as I'd like to main these, I just didn't feel the absolute need to main them alongside three Fiendish Chain. Which is why I have decided to side them. I side them because it hurts Spellbooks, Geargia, Fire Fists, etcetera. [/SPOILER]

Mained Dark Armed Dragon:
[SPOILER]This card is nice to have, it isn't the most easy monster to summon. But it can be summoned if you know how to play your cards right. We have Kerykeion for easy grave manipulation also.[/SPOILER]

Three Evilswarm Thunderbird/Evilswarm Mandragora
[SPOILER]These cards are really good at three in my eyes. Thunderbird is a really good floater that can get by almost anything. Plus he can stick around on the field until he is needed by his master Ophion (Xyz material). Mandragora is also really good, can easily be summoned sometimes, while being Castor/Kerykeion fodder. Plus if this is dead you can replace it with a Kerykeion via Infestation Infection.[/SPOILER]

Mained Black Horn Of Heaven:
[SPOILER]I personally feel like this is a good meta call. It stops any Xyz's/synchros I could need to get rid of, without having to really worry much at all. [/SPOILER]

Three Forbidden Dress/Infestation Pandemic:
[SPOILER]I personally like both of these at three, they help out a lot. I have also not felt right only running three Ophion targets. Forbidden Dress help again Fire Fists (Bear), Ryko, Snowman Eater (Just an example), etcetera. Another cool thing about it is that it helps beat over certain monsters. But that isn't really a reason for it to be at three though.[/SPOILER]

Three Mystical Space Typhoon:
[SPOILER]This card is pretty good this format, there are a lot of Fire Fist players out there, so with that being said this says no to Tenki, and tells them they do not get to summon another time (Tensu). MST is also pretty good against Harpies, Geargia (To an extent, you won't always want to blind MST vs them though), and some other rogue decks.[/SPOILER]

Sided Maxx "C":
[SPOILER]This card is really good, especially since a lot of decks special summon, e.g. Geargia Karakuri, Hieratic, Mermail, Dual Axis Fire Fists, Harpies, Infernity, etcetera.[/SPOILER]

Sided Twister:
[SPOILER]Good backrow removable, plus it is chainable/usable in your and your opponents turn. Really nice against Fire Fists, Harpies, etcetera. I like this better than Dust Tornado mainly because it is a spell.[/SPOILER] 

Sided Overworked:
[SPOILER]This hurts fire fists, which is inherently one of our hardest matchups. So we need some hate against them, and this is really good. They will almost always have a faceup Tenki, Tensu, or Tensen.  [/SPOILER]

Sided DNA Surgery:
[SPOILER]Hurts Spellbooks, GeargiaKuri, Bujin, etcetera. which we have a hard time against both. Spellbooks do have ways around this, but this is nice against them. Same with Bujin. This does kind of hurt GeargiaKuri, because it cuts off access to GGX, Burei, and Bureido. Yes I know it isn't the optimal choice against Geargia, but it does help.[/SPOILER]

Sided Deck Devastation Virus/Eradicator Epidemic Virus
[SPOILER]EEV pretty much kills Spellbooks, and it hurts Fire Fists to an extent (No Tenki, Tensu, Rekindling, Gyokkou, or you could call traps.). Can help vs any trap heavy decks or rogue decks. DDV is pretty helpful also, it helps against rogue decks also.  [/SPOILER]

Sided Soul Drain:
[SPOILER]This is pretty nice also, helps against Mermail, Bujin, etcetera. This card does help a lot against them. Since stuff like Dragoons, Marksman, Heavy Infantry, and any of the relics (Relics = Bujingi). [/SPOILER]

Sided Macro Cosmos:
[SPOILER]Hurts Bujin, Mermail, Lightsworn, Fire Fists (To an extent), etcetera. This helps with a lot of our matchups, I don't know why this wouldn't be mained/sided it is extremely helpful.[/SPOILER]

I am looking for your opinions on the deck, I would also like to know what you guys think about maining Kaiser Colosseum? I personally think it would be pretty nice, due to the fact that there are a lot of decks that rely on getting more than just one monster on the field, e.g. Hieratic Ruler, Mermail, Geargia, Karakuri, Dual Axis, Harpies, Infernity, etcetera. I have also though about maining Thunder King Rai-Oh so I could have another standalone monster other than Thunderbird, plus he is pretty good. This is my last Regional of this format, I still have a few ARGCS' I can go to though.

If there are any other things you would like for me to explain just tell me. I tried to explain everything that people could see as "different."
  • Upvote 4

Plsnobully    776
I would swap an EEV and Black Horn from the side to main. Being able to tribute off a doomed Ophion against any deck can potentially do a lot of damage. Hitting traps from another Evilswarm player or Geargia players and so on. It's at one, so you would have to draw it, but I think it's too good not too main. Overall it seems like a solid list though.

August    280

Mained Black Horn Of Heaven:

I personally feel like this is a good meta call, I know it doesn't stop inherent special summons (Correct me if I'm wrong), but it does stop Synchro and Xyz summons. Which that is big in the game. Most people use Solemn Warning to stop that, this does the sams thing, but you don't lose life points. Again correct me if I'm wrong in my theory-oh here.

You got things mixed up a little. Synchro and xyz summons are inherent special summons. Black horn can't negate special summon that start a chain i.e. all special summon that aren't inherent.

• Upvote 1

┬╗victor    6400

You shouldn't be playing Twister over Dust Tornado in this deck.

Twister is more for decks that need to kill Mistake immediately.

This deck doesn't have that issue. In fact, you want more facedown removal when they bring in Black Horn of Heaven to stop Ophion and Exciton.

Your point about it being a Spell doesn't matter to me, because hitting Tenki like that, Twister needs to be Set too.

fusionkid    30

You don't need 2 Bahamut if you already have Number 101. Cut the extra bahamut for crazy box 

Man you gotta borrow an exciton or two that shit wins games left and right. Being able to attack with two lswarms assuming you didn't rabbit the vanillas and then going him to finish off the back row is clutch. It helps the FF match up after they go off with tiger king tensu. Backing it up with pandemic is nasty good. I play constellar, but even though they aren't the same deck, they play the same way. Also in would suggest maining two mistakes and playing 37 cards with upstart. If you need ideas on what to take out my suggestions would be
-2 Black horn
-3 Dress

Mistake really helps your bad match ups. Spell books, FF heck it even slows down mermail and gears. That's just my explanation.
  • Upvote 1

You don't need 2 Bahamut if you already have Number 101. Cut the extra bahamut for crazy box 

I just realized I only had a fourteen card extra deck, I was running Crazy box actually. Thanks.

Man you gotta borrow an exciton or two that shit wins games left and right. Being able to attack with two lswarms assuming you didn't rabbit the vanillas and then going him to finish off the back row is clutch. It helps the FF match up after they go off with tiger king tensu. Backing it up with pandemic is nasty good. I play constellar, but even though they aren't the same deck, they play the same way. Also in would suggest maining two mistakes and playing 37 cards with upstart. If you need ideas on what to take out my suggestions would be
-2 Black horn
-3 Dress

Mistake really helps your bad match ups. Spell books, FF heck it even slows down mermail and gears. That's just my explanation.

Well I don't really agree with running upstart in here to be completely honest. And until mistake lowers I won't be able to get it either. I have already used a lot more money than expected this format.

• Upvote 2

Loukas Troll    136

I can see why you wouldn't run Compuls this format but Mermails and Dragons are not the reason. Especially in a deck like E-Swarms that easily lose to turn bosses like Draco or Gaios.

Your game plan against these kind of matchups should be keeping their bosses of the field with traps and dropping Ophion to shut them down. If there is something like Draco in the way, you are forced into stuff like 101 or Bahamut meaning they'll just wreck you the turn after cause they can summon dragons.

It would be more understandable to say you don't run it cause you don't want to see it against fire and books, both being bad matchups and really popular. I honestly still disagree about it vs Fire cause you can easily put them a turn behind if they don't have the Tensu and most of the time that's all you need to beat them down or establish overwhelming field presense.

I'd try to borrow Mistake and Exiton for the regional if I were you, these cards are the reason the deck is even playable.

• Upvote 1

hi i'm dm    2353

can someone post what the proper build should look like so i can steal it please

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1