dexer008

Josh Graham - now selling how to win tournaments!

613 posts in this topic

You know yourself, Mason - that I speak the truth about this game. I eat sleep and dream Yu-Gi-Oh! theory and I'm my own worst enemy. But I figure out what's wrong with my game, what's wrong with my decks and I fix it. 

Oh I know. I'm just saying it's not marketed towards me.

Actually I know how badly you want to get that ARG win - maybe you should look into it. It's heavily backed by several pros. Including Welchyyyyyy <3

So what exactly is going to happen to your Youtube channel?

Listen - I started out on DGz. I learned a lot from my former, and current team members. The game is still young and immature - but a lot of theory is brushed under the table because a lot of the community is unaware of the inner workings of the game.  Lets be honest, if it wasn't for Patrick Hoban - would we have been running 3 Upstart and 3 Reckless in our decks? If it wasn't for me - would we have been running Aqua Spirit, or Thunder King Wind-Ups, or Trident Dragion? There's theoretical choices backed by a lot of research and practice and playtesting by the top players in the game.

If you really want to realize - a lot of the more consistent players in the game are my testing partners. Bodan and Jono for example. I tested with them almost every night leading up to Australia and Atlanta. I have discussed theory with Patrick for years. 

I went from garbage to one of the more consistent players in the game. If I actually attended more events (like I plan on this year) , I guarantee the impact will be felt. This isn't for me - I already know how to play, I've spent more time looking at the key inner workings of Yu-Gi-Oh for the last 5 years of my life than I have probably spent sleeping. This is for the rest of the community to not consistently lose and start winning for real, or are you guys happy with your X-3 finishes? Because I guarantee that nobody wants to go home at the end of the event without something to show for it.

banners-website.jpg

BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO START WINNING NOW???

Sounds like a weight loss ad but then you see a photo of Josh Graham :S

...must be the before photo

So what exactly is going to happen to your Youtube channel?

The YouTube has always and will always be for the entertainment of the subscribers. My computer just got messed up recently and the notebook I've been using for the last 2 weeks can't handle Adobe Premiere, hence the delay on everything. It should be fixed by Friday and we have a whole bunch of YCS Atlanta deck profiles as well as new duels, an intro to CardSharpPro.com (which will also include an article site and an open discussion area, again - the site isn't finished) and we plan on having a newsletter which will talk about what's going on in the YouTube channel, our affiliate channels, articles going on the site this week, etc. 

Wait this is actually a fucking serious thing?
God help us..

Wait this is actually a fucking serious thing?
God help us..

Yes - yes it's a real thing. Accomplished Magic players write articles for a premium site, they write books too. This is just the hottest way to sell information on the internet. People pay for information all the time. Yu-Gi-Oh has nothing like this. Do you never wonder what is missing between you and the top players in Yu-Gi-Oh?

You aren't Emon OR Patrick Hoban lol.

Who cares? I've still accomplished more than 99% of the player base. I am actually supported by Patrick and a lot of the theory that him and I adhere to is included in this. 

Although I don't particularly agree with the product, I respect your hard work and initiative. Good luck!

If anyone has any questions - please ask them here and I will address everybody

Although I don't particularly agree with the product, I respect your hard work and initiative. Good luck!

Thank you!

This is disgusting and exploitative. Basically you're having people (who probably wont be very good to begin with because lets face it who in their right minds on dgz would pay for this garbage) pay to get "lessons" and become part of this select inner circle of people. Like stop making the comparison to Magic because YGO is nothing like it nor are the prizes.

Im tired of this notion that once you win a few events you should charge people for advice or time. Where would we be without the help of our piers and testing partners and locals we started out at? What has josh graham done lately?

The only thing that seperates the good players from the bad are basic fundamentals which people learn with experience.Deck choices and techs will always evolve and change. What are you going to tell the people who payed you 97 dollars and scrub out?

i wont buy this cuz it doesnt have subtitle

what if we all pooled together and bought it just to see what it is? if enough people chip in it can be real cheap

serious post btw, im so curious about this. and i dont even play yugioh anymore.

It's a great idea, your marketing strategy is just horrible.
It's been proven heaps of times that consumers are more willing to pay for something over time (like a subscription) rather than pay a lump sum up front. The biggest problem the majority of the limbo players, not bad but not performing at events, believe they have is not being included in the secret yugioh circle. You should definitely put up like one article and one video, one about theory etc and one about the newest decks and techs and how to run/use them properly. Charge like $5 a week but make minimum subscription two months. People feel as though they are getting more out of it by continuous product as well as most of them will likely see the initial improvement and sunstone further. Most of your 'partners' are also seen as a joke by the competitive community, if you got other people with credentials to promote it and make some occasional content for it (similar to arg articles) you would have a better image for the product. I could go on to a shitload of other things if you want, I'm really interested in this.

I was semi behind you until I saw some of the people you're working with. Hopefully you're just using them for advertising

Isn't this the same person with that GF Thread and that Emotion = Thoughts thread?

It's a great idea, your marketing strategy is just horrible.
It's been proven heaps of times that consumers are more willing to pay for something over time (like a subscription) rather than pay a lump sum up front. The biggest problem the majority of the limbo players, not bad but not performing at events, believe they have is not being included in the secret yugioh circle. You should definitely put up like one article and one video, one about theory etc and one about the newest decks and techs and how to run/use them properly. Charge like $5 a week but make minimum subscription two months. People feel as though they are getting more out of it by continuous product as well as most of them will likely see the initial improvement and sunstone further. Most of your 'partners' are also seen as a joke by the competitive community, if you got other people with credentials to promote it and make some occasional content for it (similar to arg articles) you would have a better image for the product. I could go on to a shitload of other things if you want, I'm really interested in this.

Pretty sure that's absolute rubbish. (e.g Subscription MMOs of which not many succeed). Facts please.

I don't think there is much of a difference between ripping people off in trades, investing, hustling, etc, or Josh Graham selling advice for $97. He's just doing what he can to make some side money, I don't see anything wrong with it. 

I don't know what Josh's goal is for this, but I imagine getting 15-20 people to buy this would be successful (and not unreasonable either).

If you want people to believe it isn't a scam site, don't set it up to look like a scam site. For fuck's sake, you even have a popup box trying to convince you to stay on the page when you try to close.

Believe it or not - this is the most successful form of sales page on the internet. 

Does anyone else think Josh saw this information on a site just like it? Because I have this feelin'.