Metal Gear Salad

Super Smash Bros Melee

»rap tap    20154

dat LINK tho

Axle    1217

I want to start netplaying melee so bad but my internet is still too trash to play against anyone in the US outside of Ambix (for some reason I don't lag vs only him). 2 more months until my region gets better internet speeds from my ISP.

Forlum    9162

dat LINK tho

dat's my point, not to say rat's shit but dat link is doing all these brawl-realized combos and rat is just like w/e downsmash ughhhh

Candela    546

tbh i don't really get pm

what's not to get? it's like a new game, with old faces. 

stolen from reddit, but

melee was a beautiful accident

pm is trying to purposely recreate it

it just doesn't have the same charm imo

it's even weirder coming from a guy who's only just gotten into the melee scene

Candela    546

stolen from reddit, but

melee was a beautiful accident

pm is trying to purposely recreate it

it just doesn't have the same charm imo

it's even weirder coming from a guy who's only just gotten into the melee scene

I personally think PM is a ton of fun. Melee players just dislike it because they love circlejerking about their game. Honestly, the differences in the top tiers are incredibly minute, and there's so much new stuff to explore. I understand pro players being adverse to it, since it pretty much undermines some of the stuff they practiced and mastered, but if you're just starting to get into the Smash scene you're doing yourself a disservice by disregarding it. 

Axle    1217

Aren't Fox/Falco a cut above the rest though? I remember reading on smashboards from one of the PM devs that they originally wanted to make everything as strong as them but decided that's not the right choice and they might give them a little nerf. 

i don't disregard it, i admit it is a lot of fun but i won't practice it. i enter tournaments that are run alongside melee but it still feels slower. melee is also a lot more developed (though far from 'completed'). idk, i just don't find it that fun. i don't watch streams of it or anything. 

i guess i'm the 'teledad format' type of guy compared to someone who wants a lot of variation.

Candela    546

Aren't Fox/Falco a cut above the rest though? I remember reading on smashboards from one of the PM devs that they originally wanted to make everything as strong as them but decided that's not the right choice and they might give them a little nerf. 

they are definitely still very strong

the thing is that since there were very few changes to fox/falco, people think that they are the best simply because they have had 13 years to develop a metagame so anyone that plays them have way more tricks up their sleeves than someone who plays a PM character

I personally think there are a lot of characters that are fox/falco level, it'll just take awhile before anyone gets as good with them. Lucas for instance is a well of untapped potential. 

brian.inc    266
Yeah I think the "hate" for PM right now simply comes from the fact that almost every character/matchup feels gimmicky. This obviously stems from how young the game is and the liberties the developers took with most of the brawl cast; just compare it to 13 years of sophistication in the higher tier matchups (spacies especially)! I think that can all change in due time and I'm excited to see the meta for PM to develop.

Melee still too stronk though.

Candela    546

so a PMBR member showed up to my local scene today and he had a version of PM with Isaac from Golden Sun, Knuckles, and Lyn...

Isaac was unplayable, Knuckles was kind of lame, and Lyn was just fucking sick...I hope to god she's actually released 

+Urthor    10220

Liquid supporting the Melee scene is a lot bigger than most people think

explain further

I think most regulars of this (fairly young) thread blatantly know how huge Liquid's involvement is.

I have never even played dota or sc2 and I know who they are.