1 Cowboy
2 Invoker
1 Maestroke
1 ARK
1 Crazy Box
1 Roach
1 Zenmaines

Choices:
Bear is self explanatory, as it is a great normal summon, easily searchable also acts as a 4th tenki and effectivley a 4th Urnight which is the main combo Piece

Cardcars are due to the fact that the deck is better of not commiting to the field until it can make a large combo, cardcar allows you to draw into these combos faster, rather than forcing you to make suboptimal plays inorder to stall.

Crusdaer is the main target for Urnight, is also a beast warrior for cost, can add back diamond core and allows access to Tifer king which is important for maintaining advantage and the otk. You need 3 or you run out of copies in deck. its effect to add from grave is also fairly easy to abuse with 3 lance and considering 1900 is bigger than bear.

1 tornado, this is what lets the deck OTK through huge established fields and can be game changing. (themed raigeki) You only need one as is special summoned from deck, and can be added from grave to hand.

3 tour Guide+tour bus: Tour guide is needed for the OTKs, the deck runs through resources in deck very fast, so tour bus is needed a lot incase you fail to win after a combo. Also helps if you draw too many in deck targets for urnight. You run 3 tour guide so you draw it faster/could go into 2 invoker.

3 Diamond core is obvious, great searcher and protection, can be recycled.

Standard FF spell core, 3 tenki searches urnight/bear, the 1 tensu is important in OTK's, more than 1 clogs too often/causes dead draws.

3 Lance helps trigger Crusader late game, also ensures your plays go off, usually between lance and diamond core you can push through most backrow.

1 Iron core is a necessary evil, more than 1 is shit as it is dead draws, but it is easily searchable via Diamond Core.

3 MSt again helps push through backrow, the deck dies to well timed backrow so you need all the protection you can get.

2 Duality helps get to combo pieces faster, only 2 as you only really want to see 1 a game, this prevents drawing multiples.

Staple backrow power traps as is obvious.

3 fiendish chain is good against the meta, and the stall can be nice to get the OTKs ready.
(torrential+Diamond Core can also make for a cute play)

• Upvote 1

Canadian    701

I'd play more Dire Wolf in the Extra and maybe even Dark Hole in the main.

The fact that you can also use Core on your turn makes these cards extra powerful giving you free plusses that might otherwise be trades. 

And have you thought about Monk + Upstarts in this? You can pitch your Iron Core only to be added back by Crusader later on as well as getting to your key Rank 4 plays earlier. Monk would almost always be live with all those spells and you would be able to free up some space in the Extra if you drop the TGU engine and Rank 3's.

RobertM    86

I think TGU is better than Monk here - both are vulnerable to Veiler, but you don't minus on TGU (apart from getting run over), and it gives you access to Invoker, which is pretty insane in this deck.  I'd also up the Tensu count, given that it's basically a replacement for Tenki when it comes to the three-card OTK (TGU, Tenki/Tensu, Core), and it also allows you multiple pushes per turn.  Bus is a pretty bad target, even though its effect has slightly more relevance here than in other decks.  I'd rather run something that has some small modicum of utility if you draw it, like Night Assailant or even Dark Mimic.

Cardcar is good, but you're running 15 normal summons without it (14 if you don't count TGU's secondary target), which is enough for a deck like this.  Tornado also seems way too situational for the use you're going to get out of it.  If its effect required you to reveal Core instead of putting it back on top of your deck, it might have been worth it, but as it is, not so much.

I wouldn't run Zenmaines as your first choice after Invoker - probably something like Alucard to clear the way for Urnight.

Hilt    3

I think TGU is better than Monk here - both are vulnerable to Veiler, but you don't minus on TGU (apart from getting run over), and it gives you access to Invoker, which is pretty insane in this deck.  I'd also up the Tensu count, given that it's basically a replacement for Tenki when it comes to the three-card OTK (TGU, Tenki/Tensu, Core), and it also allows you multiple pushes per turn.  Bus is a pretty bad target, even though its effect has slightly more relevance here than in other decks.  I'd rather run something that has some small modicum of utility if you draw it, like Night Assailant or even Dark Mimic.

Cardcar is good, but you're running 15 normal summons without it (14 if you don't count TGU's secondary target), which is enough for a deck like this.  Tornado also seems way too situational for the use you're going to get out of it.  If its effect required you to reveal Core instead of putting it back on top of your deck, it might have been worth it, but as it is, not so much.

I wouldn't run Zenmaines as your first choice after Invoker - probably something like Alucard to clear the way for Urnight.

I'd play more Dire Wolf in the Extra and maybe even Dark Hole in the main.

The fact that you can also use Core on your turn makes these cards extra powerful giving you free plusses that might otherwise be trades. 

And have you thought about Monk + Upstarts in this? You can pitch your Iron Core only to be added back by Crusader later on as well as getting to your key Rank 4 plays earlier. Monk would almost always be live with all those spells and you would be able to free up some space in the Extra if you drop the TGU engine and Rank 3's.

I have found 1 Dire wolf to be more than enough, as although yes, there can be very powerful interactions with Diamond Dire+ Diamond+KM monster, however fulfilling these requirements and needing to go into Diamond Dire hasn't actually come up twice in a duel yet in testing.
Dark Hole is a good idea, the only thing is what to cut to make space.
I don't like Monk in here as this deck is already very vulnerable to veiler/fiendish and monk is even more so than TGU. Not to mention you lose the Invoker/OTK Access if you cut TGU.
The Deck Outputs very close to 8k Damage, so using upstart stops you from OTK'ing and you will always lose the grind game in this deck after a push.

The deck has 14 normal summons with Cardcar? Also while 12 other normal summons seems high, generally you don't actually want to normal summon these unless you have more of the combo in hand, so I still feel Cardcar is a solid choice.

I was originally running double tensu for that reason, however it did cause bricked hands every now and then, something I wanted to avoid. I may try it again however.

I agree that Zenmaines isn't an ideal choice, and will change to angineer as it is better stall, and also protection for an invoker/urnight.
while alucard is good the only problem is to use it then an invoker I would need to use TGU then tensu summon an invoker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I want to try in this deck is Redox in the maindeck with Lavalval Chain in the extra, due to the large number of earths his discard effect is very useful, and can revive a used urnight ect. Also because you fill the grave very quickly after a large push his summoning conditions aren't that hard to meet. He could be useful to then add some grind game to the deck?
Also redox+leviar in the exra could be interesting, however I'm not sure how viable or just gimmicky these ideas are so I'll have to test it. 

Fizzy    77

So how does this "otk" work?

TGU + Iron/Diamond Core + Tenki/Tensu/Urknight;

TGU into Invoker, get Urknight and reveal Core to summon Crusader. Xyz into Tiger King and get Tenki/Tensu(whichever one you don't have). Tenki searches another Urknight which you can summon with Tensu and then use its effect to summon Crusader.

So that ends with Invoker, Tiger King, Urknight and Crusader which is 1600 + 2400 + 2200 + 2100 = 8300 (with 2 formations and exactly 8000 with 1 formation).

This does however require them to have an open field and chances are that they won't have one so I still think you should be playing upstarts in here since you definately won't be relying on an 8k otk combo for game most of the time. It's also really not true that "you will always lose the grind game in this deck after a push". Your push ends with a rank 4 so you can Tiger King -> Tenki for more Urknights to go off again next turn, Daigusto Emeral back Urknights and Crusaders if you run out of them to keep up the flow of rank 4s or just grind with Kagutsuchi/Bears + traps.

Hilt    3

So how does this "otk" work?

TGU + Iron/Diamond Core + Tenki/Tensu/Urknight;

TGU into Invoker, get Urknight and reveal Core to summon Crusader. Xyz into Tiger King and get Tenki/Tensu(whichever one you don't have). Tenki searches another Urknight which you can summon with Tensu and then use its effect to summon Crusader.

So that ends with Invoker, Tiger King, Urknight and Crusader which is 1600 + 2400 + 2200 + 2100 = 8300 (with 2 formations and exactly 8000 with 1 formation).

This does however require them to have an open field and chances are that they won't have one so I still think you should be playing upstarts in here since you definately won't be relying on an 8k otk combo for game most of the time. It's also really not true that "you will always lose the grind game in this deck after a push". Your push ends with a rank 4 so you can Tiger King -> Tenki for more Urknights to go off again next turn, Daigusto Emeral back Urknights and Crusaders if you run out of them to keep up the flow of rank 4s or just grind with Kagutsuchi/Bears + traps.

I agree I may exaggerate when I say you always lose the grind game, however I feel that the opponent gaining 1-3k lifepoints in this deck is enough to cause it to lose, as it can very easilly do around 8k damage, however much more than that is often beyond them, also don't forget you can often just cowboy for game with the 2 remaining level 4's which if you use Tornado to wipe their field usually lets you win.
Yes you can recycle resources, however you have to use a rank 4 to do that, which often is better used to respond to the situation currently on the field or just win anyway? 
I tested with upstart, and yes I hit my combos faster but I also quite often lost with my opponent having around the life points I gave them via upstart. Not to mention the deck doesn't have that many consistency issues with all the deck thinning/searching it already has. 

khalildh    245

1i2uKkZ.png

That is my build. This one is more focused on the Koa'Ki Meiru aspects of the deck, I updated it from the Dino Rabbit format build that was less focused on Iron Core.

It is using the the 9x Macro philosophy for the Iron Cores.

I have tested against all sorts of stuff, and it does have a good post prio Madolche match-up, but falls short to September 2013 Dragon Ruler type of decks. 

It also isn't as consistent +Fire Fists, but it does have built in ways to punish decks that spam the monster zone or back row.

• Downvote 1

Hilt    3

1i2uKkZ.png

That is my build. This one is more focused on the Koa'Ki Meiru aspects of the deck, I updated it from the Dino Rabbit format build that was less focused on Iron Core.

It is using the the 9x Macro philosophy for the Iron Cores.

I have tested against all sorts of stuff, and it does have a good post prio Madolche match-up, but falls short to September 2013 Dragon Ruler type of decks. 

It also isn't as consistent +Fire Fists, but it does have built in ways to punish decks that spam the monster zone or back row.

This build is just bad...
have you actually tested it?
3 core will clog like a bitch, drawing multiples is just game for you.
Core transport unit is a -1 to search a card that cannot be activated, it also dies to mst and you only ever need 1 iron core in hand anyway.
Reckoned power looks okay on paper, however again it increases the deck's reliance on Iron core, is a trap card so takes a turn to set up. Why are you running this before you max on mst? Also lance is more flexible protection. 

What exactly is this 9xmacro philosophy? Because all I can see happening in this deck is that you open with unplayable hands 9/10 times. 

Also what is the first trap you have 2 of? I don't recognise it. 

Plsnobully    776

EWRkFFb.png

This is how I've been playing the deck since I've learned about Diamond Core.

The reason I'm running three Bear, because Bear is a card that puts a lot of pressure on the opponent - moreso than Urnight. Essentially he's a "6th Urnight" since I mainly use him to my Tenki/Urnight faster. I tried 2 Bear: 1 Gorilla, but I run enough backrow hate in the main as it is.

The Koa'kis:

Urnight and Crusader are the Beast-Warriors that need to be ran at three. 

Why I'm running Ice/Tornado?

Ice is mainly for those dead cores I have in hand, select removal and really for a 2200 Dweller. 

Tornado is there for those decks that Special Summon a lot or if I need to clear off a big monster without wanting to have to ARK Knight it.

Are they terrible draws/situational? Yes, very - but I think they are worth running if you are able to use them. Also, they're also both easy side outs if you really do not need them in a current match-up.

Tour Guide: Invoker - that's all.

Duality I've been liking over Upstart because the deck's ability to OTK - and with the 3 of Bear, I can grind for a bit while gathering my combo pieces (Core, Tour Guide, etc)

Reckoned Power is just the themed Delta Crow and Trap Stun is for the explosive plays.

I tried to run as much real backrow as I could so I wouldn't be left totally defenseless - and the Bottomless, three Chains put in a lot of work. (Chains because I do not run Veilers).

Any suggestions? The side is sloppy and the Extra I just felt had the most appropriate cards - I would take out Ragna Zero and Crab for Blackship and maybe a second Emeral because the deck runs out of "ammo" fast when you get going.

Hilt    3

EWRkFFb.png

This is how I've been playing the deck since I've learned about Diamond Core.

The reason I'm running three Bear, because Bear is a card that puts a lot of pressure on the opponent - moreso than Urnight. Essentially he's a "6th Urnight" since I mainly use him to my Tenki/Urnight faster. I tried 2 Bear: 1 Gorilla, but I run enough backrow hate in the main as it is.

The Koa'kis:

Urnight and Crusader are the Beast-Warriors that need to be ran at three. 

Why I'm running Ice/Tornado?

Ice is mainly for those dead cores I have in hand, select removal and really for a 2200 Dweller. 

Tornado is there for those decks that Special Summon a lot or if I need to clear off a big monster without wanting to have to ARK Knight it.

Are they terrible draws/situational? Yes, very - but I think they are worth running if you are able to use them. Also, they're also both easy side outs if you really do not need them in a current match-up.

Tour Guide: Invoker - that's all.

Duality I've been liking over Upstart because the deck's ability to OTK - and with the 3 of Bear, I can grind for a bit while gathering my combo pieces (Core, Tour Guide, etc)

Reckoned Power is just the themed Delta Crow and Trap Stun is for the explosive plays.

I tried to run as much real backrow as I could so I wouldn't be left totally defenseless - and the Bottomless, three Chains put in a lot of work. (Chains because I do not run Veilers).

Any suggestions? The side is sloppy and the Extra I just felt had the most appropriate cards - I would take out Ragna Zero and Crab for Blackship and maybe a second Emeral because the deck runs out of "ammo" fast when you get going.

Your reasoning is fairly Solid, however I'd recommend trying running just 1 core, then you will never have completely dead cores in hand, 

Trap stun is a nice idea to let you just play through backrow, I might test it.

Reckoned power is a bad card as far as I am concerned, it requires core in hand and a turn to set up, and trap stun achieves the same thing for a turn anyway. if you want more S/T removal try Full house as you can use your own tenki/any other face up S/t to wipe their backrow. 

Blacklisted    1330

Would Koaki Meiru Doom be a better 4th TGU target. It completely shuts off cards like Veiler and can stomp a LOT of meta decks on its own (provided you have a follow up) and is 1700 which is relevant enough to attack over a Bear w/o Tenki and other similar cards.

• Upvote 1

Hilt    3

Would Koaki Meiru Doom be a better 4th TGU target. It completely shuts off cards like Veiler and can stomp a LOT of meta decks on its own (provided you have a follow up) and is 1700 which is relevant enough to attack over a Bear w/o Tenki and other similar cards.

I've played around with doom before, and the shuffling effect of bus generally came up more than Doom. In this kind of deck I think you would definitely side it though. 

The only problem with Doom is also keeping it on the field, as generally tour guides don't stay in the hand long enough to reveal and Diamond will only keep it alive for 1 EP.