Saiko

Force of Will

What is the combo or do you just mean using the Alice world deck + R/R ruler?

Reflect lets you search for Alice's World, and then you're just playing a bunch of 1 drops with different races which lowers the cost. You infinitely loop it from there and just beat down your opponent. It's fucking stupid.

+Gojira    1708

I want to play this game solely because of this card's art. 

Arthur_the_Dead_Lord_of_Vengeance_Full_A

I'm assuming he's best used in that Rezzard guy's deck?

Rezzard just isn't very good unfortunately, you'd want a different shell for him.

PC Moondrop    24

Games growing again in my area too, all our pre releases capped out for the kit limit. Needless to say the game is getting the answers it needs and hopefully no more Bahamut strict format look a likes. 

Best pack to date also IMO.

R/R Alice's World combo says hello. You'll find players getting sick of it real quickly. Also, people got burnt out from Blazer Knights too, not just Bahamut.

Oh played against that, extensive testing with the new cards, it's beatable. Bahamut we just didn't have a huge cardpool to deal with it. It was a tough burnout but the game is still standing even with strong combos. Knights are just fast. 

Idk how people don't get burnt out by magician mirror matches in Yugioh, that and kozmos in that game are cancer.

Indignation    2858

What is the combo or do you just mean using the Alice world deck + R/R ruler?

Reflect lets you search for Alice's World, and then you're just playing a bunch of 1 drops with different races which lowers the cost. You infinitely loop it from there and just beat down your opponent. It's fucking stupid.

Oh ok lol. I already made something like that then. Was just making sure there wasn't more lol. This is the one with the familiar to get the +4 counters right?

ZeroSleep    79

I want to play this game solely because of this card's art. 

Arthur_the_Dead_Lord_of_Vengeance_Full_A

I'm assuming he's best used in that Rezzard guy's deck?

Rezzard just isn't very good unfortunately, you'd want a different shell for him.

Rezzard won ARG Atlantic City in October. That card was not used though.

http://fowtavern.com/arg-atlantic-city/

Plsnobully    776

I play Big Dick Arthur in my Dark Alice deck just because when you God Art her and have an Athur giving a -400/-400 debuff to your opponent's guys is pretty awesome.  Downside is Dark Alice isn't all too great since I can just play Refrain/Reflect 

kovah    25

Any recommendations on what set to start off with (buying) for getting into this game? just go for the newest one?  A friend of mine told me there was a set (twin towers maybe) that had the magic equivalent of dual lands (dual type stones), which sounded like a good place to start as well.

Thanks in advance.

Phantasm    250

If you buy 2 Vingolf sets, you'll have a full set of dual stones. CoreTCG had them on sale for $30 the other day. Not sure if that's still going on.

ZeroSleep    79

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas! :DD

Indignation    2858

Any recommendations on what set to start off with (buying) for getting into this game? just go for the newest one?  A friend of mine told me there was a set (twin towers maybe) that had the magic equivalent of dual lands (dual type stones), which sounded like a good place to start as well.

Thanks in advance.

It's rough getting into an R/R meta lol probably better to buy singles, Maybe find a few friends and try out their decks. I started with some pricia build I found but then made my own deck once I understood the game more.

• Upvote 1

Indignation    2858

Important Errata Announcement!

Starting from February 1st, 2016 the following text will replace the current text on card TTW-063 “Reflect, Child of Potential”;

Judgment:0
0: Choose one. Play this ability only during your turn and only once per turn - 
Target resonator gains【+200/+200】until end of turn. Put a magic counter on this card;
or draw a card, put a card from your hand on the bottom of your main deck. Put a magic counter on this card;
or recover target resonator at the end of turn. Put a magic counter on this card.

In a strategic game such as ours, free abilities are always a tricky business to handle. During playtesting the concern of Reflect’s ability to generate powerful consistency was voiced, as well as the idea that Reflect should be focused on one’s own turn, while Refrain should take effect on the opponent’s turn to create a more interesting type of card. We are always making an effort to connect more with the voice of the community through things like direct interaction on social media and live Q/A sessions. We do not want players to feel like they must pigeon hole choices on their Ruler just to participate in the game. Reflect will certainly remain as a strong player, but we want to give other characters their chance as well! As always, thank you for your continued support of the game, friends.

~Jordan (aka the Hoodie Guy)

Finally, I can play again without feeling bad about using reflect lol.

• Upvote 1

Indignation    2858

I have a question regarding Final Forfeit

Final Forfeit (Chant instant):

Target J/resonator loses all abilities and cannot gain abilities until end of turn.

ruling:

2016-01-12 This card cannot cancel abilities that have added to the chase, and your opponent can activate abilities in response to this card being played. If an ability was activated and you chase with this card, that ability does resolve.

I do not understand how this makes sense. if someone tries to add an ability and you chase, doesn't FF resolve first and apply the, "...cannot gain abilities until end of turn." so the ability cannot be added? If not, then it almost defies the purpose of the card being an instant (besides still being able to be played on opponents turn). Can someone explain this to me? I am sure I am missing or do not understand something about the chase.

+Gojira    1708

I have a question regarding Final Forfeit

Final Forfeit (Chant instant):

Target J/resonator loses all abilities and cannot gain abilities until end of turn.

ruling:

2016-01-12 This card cannot cancel abilities that have added to the chase, and your opponent can activate abilities in response to this card being played. If an ability was activated and you chase with this card, that ability does resolve.

I do not understand how this makes sense. if someone tries to add an ability and you chase, doesn't FF resolve first and apply the, "...cannot gain abilities until end of turn." so the ability cannot be added? If not, then it almost defies the purpose of the card being an instant (besides still being able to be played on opponents turn). Can someone explain this to me? I am sure I am missing or do not understand something about the chase.

When you activate something, it goes on the chase. If you respond with final forfeit, the other ability is already on the chase and no longer is connected to its parent card. Final forfeit will never affect abilities on the chase.

• Upvote 1

Indignation    2858
That's weird. Ok set let me get this correct. In fow, application of effects only works at the end of the chase? I don't understand how if ff is resolving first because you chased to an ability, even if another ability is on the chase that it can resolve instead of not resolve because ff won't allow it. So I'm guessing that ff has no application in/during/or at any point before or after any other ability in the same chase?

Like you have a stack and ability A, chased FF, chased ability B.

B <-3rd
FF <-2nd
A <-1st

Doesn't this resolve B then FF then A? And if another card is chased during this resolution the it goes to the top of the current state of the stack and you resolve from there and then continue down to ability A (1st in the stack) correct?

+Gojira    1708

Final forfeit only affects cards, not effects. No matter where on the chase it is, or when it resolves, it's not going to stop anything currently on the chase.

But yes, the chase resolves backwards, in the opposite order things are added to it.

• Upvote 1

Indignation    2858

Ok I see. This is interesting because it is technically effecting the "card (resonator)" and not wtver ability targeting the card (resonator) in question, It's not about the ability but about the resonator FF effected, that shouldn't be able to get an ability after FF resolves, Anyway I think I got it. I just find FOW way of terminology confusing and weird compared to other games.

Is this like a "Konami said so" type thing? 

edit: Oh I see I was confused from the beginning out of what I read lol. Ok I interpreted the situation the ruling is about wrong. I was reading it like if a card were to "give" a resonator an ability instead of "that" resonator using an ability it already has. For example when a card gives a resonator imperishable/swiftness/cannot be targetted etc... Are those even abilities?

Anyway to clear things up I was thinking about a card having a resonator gain an ability,

when it is really about a resonator using an ability.

+Gojira    1708

When a card gives a resonator imperishable, yes it's an ability.

The major rules (not including the vastly different phase structure) of Force of Will are basically copy/pasted from Magic the Gathering, with a few exceptions. The chase/stack and abilities work the same way.

• Upvote 1

Careyious    21

So I started playing this with a Machina structure deck and bought half a box of TTW (mostly cause cardboard crack and I felt like gambling on a Sylvia Gill Uber rare), planning on building a Sylvia deck, but the way R/R is at the moment, is there any reason to play anything else (even with the Errata)?

+Gojira    1708

So I started playing this with a Machina structure deck and bought half a box of TTW (mostly cause cardboard crack and I felt like gambling on a Sylvia Gill Uber rare), planning on building a Sylvia deck, but the way R/R is at the moment, is there any reason to play anything else (even with the Errata)?

Unfortunatley sylvia is quite bad right now. Other rulers should be viable in the Errata meta though. Non-R/R aggro is playable.

Yffen    3

Recently got into FoW about a month ago with the release of TTW, Alice immediately took my fancy (As well as Dark Alice), so I decided to build Fairies with Alice. I'm still very new to deckbuilding so I'm not entirely sure on what the best cards are, but the guys at my locals helped me out a lot. That being said, I'm looking for some more advice on this. As for my current list, it can best be described as a 4 color clusterfuck. I don't have Cheshire Cats so unfortunately I can't run those, her filtering would probably be fantastic here. 

Ruler (1):

Alice, Girl of the Lake // Alice, Fairy Queen

Magic Stones (10):
3 Fairy's Memoria

3 Magic Stone of Light Vapours

1 Magic Stone of Heat Ray

1 Magic Stone of Gusting Skies

1 Little Red, the Pure Stone

1 Light Magic Stone

Resonators (26):

4 Flame Sprite

4 Water Sprite

4 Light Sprite

4 Wind Sprite

3 Elaine, the Fairy

2 Nimue, the Fairy

3 Viviane, Lady of the Lake

3 Fiethsing, Magus of the Holy Wind

3 Gwiber, the White Dragon

Spells (8):

4 Protection of the Fairies

4 Grand Cross

Regalia (6):

4 Excalibur, the Spirit God's Sword

2 Laevateinn, the Demon Sword

My locals only has sets starting from Moon Priestess Returns so I'm a bit strapped on card pool. I have no idea what to side deck as I'm still pretty new, heard Rezzard's Regalia is picking up steam as it drops Imperishable off your opponent's J-Ruler, I mostly like this deck because you get to play a bunch of dudes and kill them super quickly. Also greediest MS deck ever, who cares about split?

EDIT: I've debated playing Guinevere in here because removing a guy is basically irrelevant as you make so many dudes, as well as it giving you more steam so you don't run out of cards on turn 3/4

Sanjura    6663
just picked up Gill Lapis yesterday, but can't decide what other color to match it with. It should probably be blue cause Space-Time Anomaly is the nuts, but that's probably too slow to deal with anything aggro-based. I've been trying Red with cheap spells like Thunder and 1-2 drops like Gwen and Lance to hold off faggro rushes until I can start dropping Lucifers/flipping Primo etc.

SageRhapsody    390

If you wanted my opinion, I'd say completely just drop Gill. He's inherently paradoxial in what he wants to do. Black wants to play slow and control the board and grind out value. There's no real black resonators that are great tempo plays alone, or proactive. It's a reactive color. This means any color you splash in there as well is forced to do the same. If you play blue, it'll be for the anomalies, the cheshires, etc. Red would get you Flames, and the like; if you wanted to play lances and gwens you may as well just go full aggro and have a stronger deck.

However, Gill Lapis really wants to flip ASAP and threaten his 14/14 body and then god's art and lock the game in fast. His ruler doesn't offer too much in terms of late game value when compared to something like Reflect, or instant game winning potential like Val 2.0 or Sylvia. Cancelling activates isn't all too strong unless done on a god's art most of the time, when most of the best resonators have automatic abilities. Again, the paradox of a ruler who wants to flip early, and gain huge tempo unfortunately is out classed by the fact of being locked to black/ruler's memoria and cards like bahamut, reflect, val and sylvia being much better.

Again, it's up to you to do testing with Lapis, but that's just my 2 cents. Thoughts?