Saiko

Force of Will

»Satchmo    3224

looks like this is finally coming to the US

aye, you tried the trial decks out yet?
Nah, I didn't even know they came out yet. Me and a friend did play a bit of grim and werewolves on lackey though. Game was extremely fun.

Hellviper    1189

Might have to try this out, was huge into Kaijudo while that lasted but it died.

Knowing this is the companys only game and it is doing well in the OCG from my understanding makes me relieved. Hopefully it does well enough here. Though I don't know anyone who plays currently.

»Satchmo    3224

Might have to try this out, was huge into Kaijudo while that lasted but it died.

Knowing this is the companys only game and it is doing well in the OCG from my understanding makes me relieved. Hopefully it does well enough here. Though I don't know anyone who plays currently.

as far as I can tell there's about 600~ people in the US following based on facebook groups

Digbick    7271
I was interested in this game. But it seems too expensive to be worth it

»Satchmo    3224

I was interested in this game. But it seems too expensive to be worth it

A deck is like 250$ on the high end, and there are decks you can build for much less.

Saiko    231

the only thing which i guess would be expensive is getting a set of all 40 dual stones, you dont need to get them, can just the few you need for your deck.
apart from that you can build good decks for around $150 which is far better than yugioh

also boxes have amazing pull rates compared to other games ive played. its worth it to just get 1-2 boxes then trade what ever singles you need for a strong deck.

I cant wait to see what you Americans make with this game, its really kicking off in Europe now with GP Venice 2 weeks away!! :)

Digbick    7271

i thought it was expensive cuz i was looking at the wrong item. I saw a booster box for 90 dollars and it only had like 15 pack. Buts thats japanese. Im prob gonna buy a box soon. 36 pack for 90 is pretty good

Ammit    5159

from the brief description the avatar+mana deck remind me a lot of the bleach tcg that came out years ago which i played briefly. sounds pretty cool

»Jeff Jones    13262
I pulled a full art dual stone from one of my boxes yesterday, Apparrntly it's like 130 bucks. Crazy

»Satchmo    3224

the only thing which i guess would be expensive is getting a set of all 40 dual stones, you dont need to get them, can just the few you need for your deck.
apart from that you can build good decks for around $150 which is far better than yugioh

also boxes have amazing pull rates compared to other games ive played. its worth it to just get 1-2 boxes then trade what ever singles you need for a strong deck.

I cant wait to see what you Americans make with this game, its really kicking off in Europe now with GP Venice 2 weeks away!! :)

Actually, Chestshire Cat is going up, it's like 20-25 right now, so there is that

This game sucks. Mainly due to the lack of competitive support for the best format (Bifrost). Depending on your TO, you may be sweet, however if most of your events are being run in Standard be prepared to be very disappointed with this game.

Saiko    231

This game sucks. Mainly due to the lack of competitive support for the best format (Bifrost). Depending on your TO, you may be sweet, however if most of your events are being run in Standard be prepared to be very disappointed with this game.

the game sucks because people dont want to play bifrost? or is it due to no official tournament yet? :s 
the game has only just came out with only grimm block bifrost as the available way to play. I guess some poeple will want to play with the valhalla starter decks but there really isnt much choice or reason why grimm block wont be supported as the main way to play...
as for tournaments, organised play should be starting in march

the game sucks because people dont want to play bifrost? or is it due to no official tournament yet? :s 
the game has only just came out with only grimm block bifrost as the available way to play. I guess some poeple will want to play with the valhalla starter decks but there really isnt much choice or reason why grimm block wont be supported as the main way to play...
as for tournaments, organised play should be starting in march

I'm from Australia so I've been playing since October. The Lifebreak mechanic is just terrible and it should really be taken out of the game especially from competitive play, since most tournaments here and even in Japan are playing standard format (Valhalla) and not Grimm block onward (Bifrost).

»Satchmo    3224

I thought the whole reason they had worlds in Bifrost was because they were moving away from the mechanic in the game? I think that's a matter you need to try and sort out with your TO

Saiko    231

Japan had a Grimm GP so im not sure why you australia is having a Origin GP... except that a lot of players might only have valhalla cards or something so it makes sense to make an event where they can play too.
but yeh that is kinda sucky 

»Logic    2038
Are they doing demo setups for stores that request them? If.yes, where do you reach out to obtain them?

»Logic    2038
I have 10-15 kids 12-18 desperate to play a new
Tcg semi competitively. No one at the store has heard of this. Every other gamehas like 4 hardcore players anymore.

None of the owners have heard of the game Either.

You think it wouldn't benifit at all?

»Jeff Jones    13262
the demo doesn't do anything the cards are awful and the rules they give you aren't even correct. It's better off to just show people with the cards themselves

»Satchmo    3224

I'd just order a couple starter decks and do the Demo that way, provided you have the right rule set

»Logic    2038
It would involve me knowing how to play. Ha.

I want to try it first and outside of buying myself packs itd be a two hour drive.

If theres a way to get the store free packs its kinda optimal for me. But they put the wrong rules in the demo? Wtf.

Twitter    2057

is there a place to see decklists for this? i played a few games a few days ago and used a Grimm deck, I just dont know what the cards are called so I could buy them. 

also, the video on their website was pretty unhelpful. The manga tutorial they had on there was way better for learning.