Laser Cat

Tokyo Ghoul

Laser Cat    5611

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/KT_sFm1Spas?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/KT_sFm1Spas?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

So, I read the manga and I can tell you the following:

*It's going to be really bloody, a lot of gore, and pretty disturbing.

*It MIGHT be super pretentious in the beginning. 

*It has potential to be really, really good.

Laser Cat    5611

Goddamnit people.

Remember when I was right about The Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer?  Trust me now like you didn't trust me back then; check this shit out.

»infinite    2317

Synopsis

In modern day Tokyo, society lives in fear of Ghouls: mysterious creatures who look exactly like humans -- yet hunger insatiably for their flesh. None of this matters to Ken Kaneki, a bookish and ordinary young man, until a dark and violent encounter turns him into the first ever Ghoul-human half breed. Trapped between two worlds, Ken must survive the violent conflicts of warring Ghoul factions, while attempting to learn more about Ghoul society, his newfound powers, and the fine line between man and monster.

Seems like one of the more interesting shows on the season. Will watch it.

ozy    724

I wasn't super impressed. It was okay.

Vincent210    510
Hopefully this manages the same turnaround the manga did in terms of quality.

Laser Cat    5611

manga related but

[spoiler]there's a ghoul named Jason that wears a hockey mask and lives in the 13th ward[/spoiler]

REALLY NOW!?

yeah.

just wait until:  (manga related)

[spoiler]

He literally gets wrecked to the point where he starts crying.

[/spoiler]

Vincent210    510

I just finished the most immediate chapter.

[spoiler]Is this whole hair change thing going to stick around forever, or is it just a side-effect of the healing through torture prioritizing the healing over pigmentation?[/spoiler]

»Ishe    3

It's also a really good Anime, I guess I should read the Manga since its so good lol, also the Anime's theme song is great

Vincent210    510

Hmm why is there manga chatter here?

Anime is still kind of too short and started waaaaay late so all of the story development worth talking about mostly comes from the manga. True, not technically the thread topic' but come on. The story is already going into full gear and this anime is starting so recently.

»infinite    2317

There's a thread for the manga tho so it's pointless to post discussion of it here when everyone reading it is chilling in that thread :)

EDIT: Guess not. Well make the thread there, dude.