scarsneverh3al

5th Place Catskill Regional Report

scarsneverh3al    545

Hey DGZ. Yesterday I went to the Catskill Regional for fun. I ended up getting my first regional top 8. I had a good tournament experience this weekend, it was alot of fun!

This is the decklist I used, disclaimer: I could not find an Excition Knight for the deck.

3 Evilswarm Castor
3 Evilswarm Mandagora
3 Evilswarm Thunderbird
3 Evilswarm Kerkyion

3 Evilswarm Heliotrope

1 Rescue Rabbit

3 Infestation Pandemic

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Book of Moon

1 Reinforcement of the Army

3 Fiendish Chain

2 Mirror Force

2 Dimensional Prison

2 Black Horn of Heaven

2 Seven Tools of the Bandit

1 Solemn Warning

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Bottomless Trap Hole

1 Macro Cosmos

1 Infestation Infection

1 Thunder King Rai-Oh

1 Dark Hole

1 Dimensional Fissure

1 Twister

2 System Down

1 Black Horn of Heaven

1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus

1 Soul Drain

2 DNA Surgery

2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror

2 Overworked

3 Evilswarm Ophion

1 Evilswarm Bahamut

1 Daigusto Emeral

1 Gagaga Cowboy

1 Abyss Dweller

1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

1 Number 85: Crazy Box

1 Number 50: Black Ship of Corn

1 Number 101: Silent Honor ARK

1 Diamond Dire Wolf

1 Number 66: Master Key Beetle

1 Evolzar Laggia

1 Evolzar Dolkka

So I get the regional sleeve up hang out for a bit see some friends shoot the shit, and around noon first round is posted.

Nick vs. Harpies

0-0

Game 1

He bricked pretty hard. He basically Cardcar Ded 3 times and I beat him up with guys followd up with Pandemic. I didn't know what he was playing so I just replaced Rabbit with Dark Hole.

Game 2

He drew a bit better. He got Party off, made a Lavalval Chain dumped a Zephyros. He swung bounched his Party and passed. I made a wierd play with Diamond Dire to swing over Chain and pop Party but he had Veiler. :/

Game 3 I draw alot of backrow and stick an Ophion. He tries to make a Chidori play that gets Horned then his Party got MSTed. Sorry dude.

Nick vs. Fire Fist

1-0

Game 1 He is playing like a +1 kind of build. I Prison his 2 bears and just run over all his shit.

Game 2 I summoned Helio set Macro and a couple other, he went Tenki Bear and that Macro stuck their the entire game, gg dude.

Nick vs. Bujin

2-0

Game 1: We grinded it out for a while and it comes down to him having is Susan with 2 Tenkis up. He bluffed my backrow so he didn't attack over my Ophion, when he finally did, I had drawn a Prison the turn previous, from their I just beat him up with my guys.

Game 2: He dumped all his Bujingis, I couldn't catch up.

Game 3: I open Helio, Twister, Mirror Force, DNA Surgery, Kerk, Warning. I summoned Helio set 4. I Twistered the Tenki he summoned Turtle, had Lance when I swung, I let turtle come in. It came at me again and I Mirror Forced it. I grinded him out with Ophion Pandemic plays.

Nick vs. Bujin

3-0

Game 1: He seemed pretty nice, shuffed mad fast. Anyways, I just had the backrow to make plays around his guys. Simple enough.

Game 2: I had a Surgery and Light Mirror Up, he Decreed me and beat me up with Susan.

Game 3: I have my floodgate chillin, I make a Maestroke play to kill Yamato without fear of Crane, I end up with Light Mirror, Soul Drain up with 3 sets, I come in with Maestroke and he tries to Full House me, I had 7 Tools. I start ripping guys and pushing through.

Nick vs. Geargia

4-0

Game 1: He starts pooping on me and I come back, somehow, all he needed was a monster for 5 turns, he didnt get one, in the mean time I drew answers and topped TBirds, he had Warning on the first one but I had 7 Tools. :/

Game 2: Armor and double Geargiagear, he nutted all over me.

Game 3: I open Helio, 3 Kerk, MST and Thunderbird. I am like fuck, I lost. I summon Helio set MST, he sets an Armor, sets Geargiagear, MST I know deep down in my gut if he resolves a GG I lose, so I end phase Typhoon and hit it. I just keep summoning guys and pushing, he GGXs me and I stole it with Bahamut and swung for game. Good duels.

Nick vs. Water

5-0

Game 1: I open TBird, Mandagora, Chain, Warning and like a DPrison and MST, I set everything except Tbird and pass. He summoned Diva, I chain it, he ditched for Megalo and I Warning then asked me if he still gets to search for Dragoons -_-, I summon Tbird, Typhoon his Sphere and kill him with Ophions.

Game 2: He gets Tidal dumps, Megalos me, he had the nuts.

Game 3 I dont open Ophion, comes down to me Fiendishing his Teus, he summons Linde and pokes, I Manadgora, normal Kerk, Kerk gets Booked. He swings at Mandagora and I respond with Soul Drain. I made Ophion smacked Teus and he scooped with 4 in hand.

Nick vs. Spellbooks (Feature Match!)

6-0

Game 1: They have like a feature match thing and we got called for it. I won the die roll and opened Ophion, I ended up Kerkying him and getting it.

Game 2: I litorally watched him play Solitare....

Game 3: Pretty much the same thing as game 2..... #salt

Nick vs. Evilswarm 

6-1

Game 1: I win the die roll, Ophion, he tries to do it back and I Warning, I grind it out.

Game 2: He Excition Knights me, so were both low on resources, he ends up making an Ophion and hitting me with it, I ARK him, he tries to Ark me back and I Black Horned him, I rode that ARK all the way into top 8!

Standing goes up, I knew I topped after going 7-1. I ended up getting 5th, the deckbox looked shit, I got 6 packs too, whipee. The mat is ugly too. :/

Props

topping

having fun

no dickhead opponets

people cheering me on as the evilswarm guy

playing at the top tables round 3-8

my friend joey getting his first invite

bk after

my friends for giving me motivation

my boy chris for testing like crazy with me

Slops

long drive home

having a cold

spending money

the mat being ugly as fuck

alot of friends scrubbing

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

Schenck    14
R7G1 was ophion set 5. If you would've lost that, I would've been unable to continue with the feature match out of shock. Good job on the top.

»rap tap    20154

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I do feel like siding out Rabbit for other cards is correct though.

is it so the three worst cards in your deck become completely irredeemable or

• Upvote 5

Ecstacy.    36

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I do feel like siding out Rabbit for other cards is correct though.

you're fucking retarded

• Upvote 5

Soxhater819    363

Prom guy!!!! I wish I realized who you were lol. I top 8'd also. What table were you playing at last round?

scarsneverh3al    545

Prom guy!!!! I wish I realized who you were lol. I top 8'd also. What table were you playing at last round?

I beat the mirror at table 5.

Soxhater819    363

ah ok I was at 3. No wonder I didn't see you

scarsneverh3al    545

ah ok I was at 3. No wonder I didn't see you

Not sure who you were. I lost at table 1 round 7 and got shot back 5 tables. Good job on the top though.

scarsneverh3al    545

is it so the three worst cards in your deck become completely irredeemable or

Heliotrope is not a bad card. It beats over Thunder King, Armor in defense, Yamato with a Tenki. It can't be fiendish chained, and can be Pandemiced. Heliotrope is a solid card. I usually just summon him and swing like a drunk with him. Card is not bad.
  • Downvote 1