1 Armored Kappa
1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1 Number 96: Dark Mist
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Constellar Ptolemy M7
1 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1 Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1 Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder

Been playing this deck for days online, it's been testing very well against everything really, LaDD and Kristya are Dirty if I can get them on the field together, which actually happens. I'm debating hard whether or not I want to make this deck in real life, since I literally don't have any actual cards, and I really shouldn't be spending money on them either. But damn do I miss playing this game.

Anyways, the reason I really wanted to post the deck is because I would love any suggestions. If I'm actually going to spend money on this I want it to be as perfect as I'd like.6

So as you can see I'm only running 8 Tribute Monsters. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to add another LaDD, maybe even another Kristya, but I cannot find the room.
With Upstart and Moray of Greed, it seems like I'm always running into them anyways, and Herald of Pure Light helps me recycle. This deck is crazy for making rank 2s so if I have to grab someone from the grave, it's never too hard. Except when they have Abyss Dweller :(

This deck also has great OTK potential, being able to get into multiple Daigusto Phoenix for massive damage. The deck specializes in summoning lv 2s to the field, weather it be from the Nimbles, Swap Frog, or Ronintoadin, so I always have ways to XYZ or have tribute fodder.

The Nimbles are a great engine for this deck. I'm always discarding for Swap, so Angler is great, and even if I need to set a Sunfish I'm staying cool because I know I might have 3 monsters on the field by the time my opponent's turn is over. And now I'm set up! Manta + Enemy Controller is also the tits.

One of my favorite combos is: Swap discard Angler, special Swap, special Manta and Sunfish, ditch frog (likely treeborn), e-con Manta for their mons, special 2 Manta. Now I have their monster and 4 lv 2s and I haven't even normal summoned yet. Sack their guy for Caius or their guy and a dead Manta for Mobius/LaDD/Kristya, overlay into Gachi for extra damage on Kristya/LaDD, or if you went Caius, overlay into 2 Daigusto Phoenix. Or hell, re use swap to get ronin in grave and make 3 Phoenix.

There are always options with this deck, and I love that.

Kind of want to fit Duality in, not sure.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

DirtyDadam    6

Obelisk is needed here.

I was playing Obelisk for a while, but he is so easy to get rid of these days. Nothing breaks my heart more than Obelisk into Mirror Force. Outside of his insane attack, he doesn't do much. That's why I chose LaDD/Kristya/Mobius over him. They disrupt my opponent.

Maybe suggest why or what to drop for Obelisk?

Lancer    96

Enemy Controler won't trigger Nimble Manta, because Controler sends Manta to the grave as a cost, not as part of a card effect.

I have no idea why you wouldn't play Tidal.

Three Phoenix and only one Gachi seems a bit weird to me too.

DirtyDadam    6

Enemy Controler won't trigger Nimble Manta, because Controler sends Manta to the grave as a cost, not as part of a card effect.

So Manta being tributed is not a part of Enemy Controller's effect? Can anyone else back this up? Not too good with rulings yet.

-1 Dupe Frog

+1 Tidal

You guys were right I should have definitely been playing Tidal. Honestly, I don't know much about the dragons yet, but I should probably read up on them.

Dropped Dupe Frog becuase Tidal is the Swap Frog that Dupe Frog was searching for in the first place.

Three Phoenix and only one Gachi seems a bit weird to me too.

I play 3 Daigusto Phoenix because I can OTK with them, especially when my opponent is still at 11000 from the Upstarts and I just cleared their field by E-Con stealing their monster + Nimble/swap/ronin/Tidal into Mega Mobius. It's really easy to pull off with the deck. 1 Gachi because Gachi is clutch but honestly I don't want to drop a Phoenix especially for a 2nd.

ensane    163

You still need all your dupes though. I'd drop treeborn #2 before that. 2 dupe in grave is better than 2 treeborn for example.

To be honest it's incredibly risky playing kristya and LaDD. They both get wrecked by Fiendish Chain and Breakthrough Skill, LaDD especially hard. And then to make it worse, you have to dead draw kristya again next turn because you can't summon it via effect.

I also don't understand why out of the two rank 8 xyzs you're playing, felgrand isn't one of them. Actually I'm surprised you have any at all. Because to summon them, you'd have to overlay the two LaDD you run since you can't use kristya as material. So you've used 4 tributed monsters and 2 control monsters that are attractive because they drain resources and replace themselves...for a Giant Grinder? Not a good idea.

Might want to go full monarchs or lancer.

EDIT: And no, Enemy Controller doesn't trigger Manta.

DirtyDadam    6

What do you mean "all of my Dupes," I was only playing one in the first place lol. The deck doesn't need Dupe Frog. Dupe Frog is cool for setting with 2000 def and then getting swap to hand, hell even to banish for Ronin, but like I just said in my last post, Tidal is overall a better replacement than Dupe Frog. If anything I'll just banish the 2nd Treeborn for Ronin if I know there's no threat to the other. No big deal. 

I'm always going to play 2 Treeborn Frog because you never know what you're going up against and I'm not trying to lose the main engine of my deck during a game because I took out that 2nd treeborn. Call it preference, call it stupidity, but 2 Treeborn is fine with me.

Another thing, yeah LaDD gets hit by Breakthrough and Fiendish, but only if they have multiple effects to activate, and even then my LaDD resets back to 2800 attack and it's effect still goes off in the grave if it dies (from Fiendish Chain anyways).

If you're going to say I shouldn't play 2 extremely good cards because they might die to 2 trap cards that I've probably already destroyed (not forgetting about Breakthrough's gy eff) why am I even playing this game?

As far the rank 8s go, you said it yourself, I have Kristya so I never even XYZ into a lv 8, I don't need to. It's literally never happened. This deck swarms the field and gets rid of yours, I really don't care about the rank 8s. They're really just in there for filler, but if it would make you happy I could cut one for Felgrand.

I appreciate the criticism but to be honest you have pretty poor reasoning

This deck is not Frog Monarchs, and it is not Lancer Frogs. It's Nimble Control, and so far, I've been able to do a hell of a job "controlling" my opponent. If I wanted to play either of those decks, this would be a different list.

Thank you. Not that I don't trust anyone lol, just more assuring when multiple people are on the same page

ensane    163

You can't compare Tidal to Dupe Frog. One is limited and the other isn't. One is searchable and the other isn't. Also, your OP says 3 Dupe Frog unless I'm missing something.

On LaDD: I put so much emphasis on those two traps because everybody plays them and they're both at 3 and they [i]will[/i] ruin your day. Why would you not plan for something you're bound to see and you know will have an impact on you? If someone uese 2 effects to get rid or a card you put 2 monsters into they break even even after you summon from your grave. The idea isn't to break even, it's to gain advantage and now you're out one option. This is in addition to the fact that besides Kristya and Tidal your revival targets aren't that stellar. Nimbles are good but they won't win you the game. Dupe can help you get steam back, but also isn't amazing (another reason dupe is better than treeborn in grave, by the way)

Why in the world do you have filler in your Extra Deck? Even if you don't need many of something, at least replace them with something you could actually use, ever. That makes zero sense to me. Why not just put in Sanwitch? At least that's cute to look at. At least try Shine Elf or something.

Obviously I realize that your deck isn't those decks. That's why I suggested them. Because they're different.

Also, on Obelisk: I'd try it again. Not many decks run mass removal that isn't Exciton Knight, which is pretty easy to bait out. It can win games by itself.

DirtyDadam    6

You're right, I cannot compare the two. But I'm pretty sure if someone asked "would you rather run 4 Swap Frogs or 3 and a Dupe Frog?" I'm pretty sure everyone will go with 4 Swap Frogs. And OP has never said 3 Dupe Frog. It's always said 3 Swap Frog, not sure if you may have just read it wrong? Definitely never ran 3 Dupe though.

Back on LaDD, I really do not mind if they want to waste resources to kill it, I mean that's his purpose. So they can use what they need to use on LaDD and have nothing left for Kristya/Caius/Mobius. As far as the revival goes, I can revive Sunfish, Tidal, Kristya, Mobius, swap for his effect, a defense position anything. There are plenty of good things LaDD brings me back after his job is done.

I guess filler was a bad word. I'm just really not familiar with the meta today and what to run or counter in the Extra Deck. It's foreign to me, so I just looked up XYZs with certain ranks and played ones I thought were good/cool. Because again, with this deck there are only a couple of cards I go into normally from the Extra.

I think I will give Obelisk another go. 4000 attack is just nothing to fuq with.

You still need all your dupes though. I'd drop treeborn #2 before that. 2 dupe in grave is better than 2 treeborn for example.

To be honest it's incredibly risky playing kristya and LaDD. They both get wrecked by Fiendish Chain and Breakthrough Skill, LaDD especially hard. And then to make it worse, you have to dead draw kristya again next turn because you can't summon it via effect.

I also don't understand why out of the two rank 8 xyzs you're playing, felgrand isn't one of them. Actually I'm surprised you have any at all. Because to summon them, you'd have to overlay the two LaDD you run since you can't use kristya as material. So you've used 4 tributed monsters and 2 control monsters that are attractive because they drain resources and replace themselves...for a Giant Grinder? Not a good idea.

Might want to go full monarchs or lancer.

Been out of the game for a while; how do Fiendish Chain and Breakthrough Skill beat LaDD? You just lose 500 P/T and go on your merry way.

Additionally, can Nimble Angler be triggered by discarding it or entombing it with Swap Frog?

ensane    163

Summon LaDD. They chain Torrential Tribute or Bottomless Trap Hole or really any removal. LaDD triggers to negate. They chain Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill or any effect negation.

Activation:

1.Removal

2.LaDD

3.Effect Negation

Resolution:

3.Negates LaDD

2.Negated LaDD does nothing

1.Removes LaDD

Assuming you used 2 tributes to get LaDD out and they use 2 cards to remove it, you now have one less monster and one less card in hand and they are down two cards. If they used a spent Breakthrough Skill, you just got trolled basically. LaDD is good if you can grind resources. Worse, if push comes to shove they don't even have to force removal. They can just use mst or something and just negate LaDD. Less optimal, but still annoying.

Summon LaDD. They chain Torrential Tribute or Bottomless Trap Hole or really any removal. LaDD triggers to negate. They chain Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill or any effect negation.

Activation:

1.Removal

2.LaDD

3.Effect Negation

Resolution:

3.Negates LaDD

1.Removes LaDD

Assuming you used 2 tributes to get LaDD out and they use 2 cards to remove it, you now have one less monster and one less card in hand and they are down two cards. If they used a spent Breakthrough Skill, you just got trolled basically. LaDD is good if you can grind resources. Worse, if push comes to shove they don't even have to force removal. They can just use mst or something and just negate LaDD. Less optimal, but still annoying.

Ah.

Well, Breakthrough Skill can only be used from the graveyard during the turn of the owner of the card, so you can't 'get trolled basically', though that would still be annoying.  herpderp I'm dumb

In both of these situations, if LaDD ends up dying, would its effect in the graveyard activate?

Lancer    96
I actually don't think it's a great time to play Obelisk. Pretty much every relevant deck has access to an Extra deck field wipe, and you aren't playing any thing to protect him from that.

ensane    163

Activation:

1.Removal

2.LaDD

3.Effect Negation

Resolution:

3.Negates LaDD

1.Removes LaDD

Ah.

Well, Breakthrough Skill can only be used from the graveyard during the turn of the owner of the card, so you can't 'get trolled basically', though that would still be annoying.  herpderp I'm dumb

In both of these situations, if LaDD ends up dying, would its effect in the graveyard activate?

Yes. That's why I mentioned you have one less monster than when you started.

I actually don't think it's a great time to play Obelisk. Pretty much every relevant deck has access to an Extra deck field wipe, and you aren't playing any thing to protect him from that.

That's true, but then again if you're comparing a monster against exciton, what [i]is[/i] good to play? It's not as if Obelisk is any more vulnerable to it than most other monsters. That brings up a good point that this deck is vulnerable to it though. The only good plays to get rid of it are LaDD and Caius and LaDD only works if they don't have something they can use to bring it down to 1800 atk.

DirtyDadam    6

I have monsters that special summon from the grave every turn for a reason.

Yes.

I agree with you completely, which is why I'm not playing him. There are too many cards that just get rid of him these days.