NetRepTodd    200

I work as a software developer.  Recently, I was assigned a project with two other guys, where the resulting output should be a PDF that is generated dynamically.  The simple idea is that we take data entered into a form, and push it server-side to a sqlserver database.  Afterwards, the data will be pulled from the database, and printed to a custom-designed PDF.

My coworkers suggested that I use iTextSharp, since they already have the libraries referenced in the project.  I quickly learned how to generate PDF's using itextSharp dynamically. 

The problem is that our Product Research team decided to go with a much more complex format for the PDF document.  I'm sure that the desired output is possible, but using iTextSharp I have found this to be very complicated.  I tried to find documentation online in order to learn how to draw various shapes to the document, but there is no documentation available outside of third parties showing how to write basic PDFs.

My question now becomes: Are there other PDF generator libraries similar to iTextSharp, or does anyone know of a well-designed documentation for iTextSharp? (mikesdotnetting uses an older version of the library in his examples, rendering them null and void)

I'm turning to other sources as well, but I figured I would ask here too since a bit of dgz has a bit of experience in development.  Any ideas, or suggestions on something else I could use?

-----

Hope i've described my requirements clearly.  If not, let me know.

• Upvote 1

NetRepTodd    200

Sorry for double.

Nevermind.  Just discovered that we have the older version still available to use.  My task just became a lot easier.  Please ignore this thread, and sorry for inconvenience if anyone was looking to help me.

• Upvote 1