harig07    2058

Surprised this card hasn't been talked about yet. Found it in a pile of commons yesterday and was like :O

300px-XyzUniverse-PRIO-JP-R.png

Target 2 face-up Xyz Monsters on the field; send both monsters to the Graveyard, then Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, except a "Number" monster, whose Rank is equal to, or 1 less than, the combined original Ranks of those 2 Xyz Monsters, and if you do, attach this card to it as an Xyz Material. If you activated this card, your opponent takes no further damage this turn.

----

Admittedly it is quite biased in terms of its applications towards decks that can put out Rank 7+ monsters (so Dragons and Mermails). For those decks this card can be an insane momentum shifter. If your opponent manages to make two Rank 4's (which is not uncommon for decks like Geargia, Mermail and Infernity amongst many others) you can go +2 into Felgrand/Draco. A Rank 3 and a Rank 4 becomes a Rank 7 or a Rank 6 (hi Atum).

You can get really kinky with some of the interactions you do with it because it's chainable, so things like this CL1 Exciton CL2 to clear the field for a 7/8 drop.

Never mind I am retarded

They can't Black Horn the Xyz and any "When...can" effects that their monsters have that will activate upon being sent to the grave (i.e. Gigant/Trite) will miss timing. Furthermore you get a free Material for your Xyz also. The no damage clause won't likely even matter considering you're probably going to be using it as removal on their turn.

So yeah, Super Poly for Xyz except not really but hey almost. If you see these lying around on a table pick them up.

zsaber    8

i think this card is pretty good

using 2 of your opponents xyz is a blowout but chaining this to a destruction effect using one of your own xyz is nice as well

»victor    6400

One thing that's worth noting, correct me if I'm wrong is that there is no restriction on the XYZ you can bring out, so you can get around type, theme, Attribute restrictions, like Atum or Abyssgaios, for instance.

I think it's more meant for decks like Battlin Boxers or something where you bring out your Rank 4 easily, but they have to XYZ Silent Honor, Big Eye to break your setup.

PWWB kind of ruins this though, but that's why you have Skill Prisoner, Lance. 

If you are against a deck that Rank 6/7s (i.e. tries to Big Eye you):

300px-SuperdimensionalRobotGalaxyDestroy

Boom.

TFJ    618

Surprised this card hasn't been talked about yet. Found it in a pile of commons yesterday and was like :o

Target 2 face-up Xyz Monsters on the field; send both monsters to the Graveyard, then Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, except a "Number" monster, whose Rank is equal to, or 1 less than, the combined original Ranks of those 2 Xyz Monsters, and if you do, attach this card to it as an Xyz Material. If you activated this card, your opponent takes no further damage this turn.

----

Admittedly it is quite biased in terms of its applications towards decks that can put out Rank 7+ monsters (so Dragons and Mermails). For those decks this card can be an insane momentum shifter. If your opponent manages to make two Rank 4's (which is not uncommon for decks like Geargia, Mermail and Infernity amongst many others) you can go +2 into Felgrand/Draco. A Rank 3 and a Rank 4 becomes a Rank 7 or a Rank 6 (hi Atum).

You can get really kinky with some of the interactions you do with it because it's chainable, so things like this CL1 Exciton CL2 to clear the field for a 7/8 drop.

They can't Black Horn the Xyz and any "When...can" effects that their monsters have that will activate upon being sent to the grave (i.e. Gigant/Trite) will miss timing. Furthermore you get a free Material for your Xyz also. The no damage clause won't likely even matter considering you're probably going to be using it as removal on their turn.

So yeah, Super Poly for Xyz except not really but hey almost. If you see these lying around on a table pick them up.

Your chain with Exciton makes no sense.

harig07    2058

Surprised this card hasn't been talked about yet. Found it in a pile of commons yesterday and was like :O

----

Your chain with Exciton makes no sense.

Yeah just realised, thanks for pointing that out.

Berdversary    181

I'm kinds confused on why they decided to exclude the "except a Number monster" clause.

Is this supposed to be something a character in the anime used to kill Yuma?

»Satchmo    3222

Completely unnecessary restriction, but this card wasn't in the anime. There isn't really any explanation as to why this card has the restrictions it does.

»Satchmo    3222

More curious why Shrine of Mist Valley is on this card.

It's a DT lore card, you can see Pleiades and some other nigga turning M7

Bistro    15

This card is pretty good against madolche. A lot of their bigger plays end with tiaramisu + a rank 3 and this breaks their board and makes gaios which stops almost any other plays they have for the rest of that turn.

harig07    2058

I'm kinds confused on why they decided to exclude the "except a Number monster" clause.

Is this supposed to be something a character in the anime used to kill Yuma?

Utopia too strong, clearly.

• Upvote 1

Most of the rank 7/8 Numbers are insane, anyways. There will almost certainly be someone who decides to make a deck that hits with 2 rank 4s that yurn imto Prime Photon or Tachyon to plow the opponent. Superpolyxyz into Big Eye is also pretty dumb.

Mars    78

You can't make either Prime Photon or Tachyon with this, though.

Blαck    111

You can't make either Prime Photon or Tachyon with this, though.

I think that was their point. That making those with it would be absurd.

That said, I fail to see how it's better to make 62 (a glorified beater without GEPD) or 107 (Monster negation for the whole board, double swing if opp plays into you/has a mandatory effect/has floaters) when you're likely only devoting 1-2 slots to Xyz Universe.

Also I think the no Numbers was supposed to be a flavor thing, given DT universe, but still doesn't feel needed outside of Big Eye. The idea of this into Big Eye just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.