Jazz

Goat Format War League

pyr0    138

Bishop got me in an intense game 5, hit the wrong card with Spirit Reaper 50/50. GGs

• Upvote 1

Matt Bishop    2377

Won vs. pyr0 3-2.  Good match, ggs.

• Upvote 1

»ACP    33410

I want to get in just one match before I leave for Columbus tomorrow. Someone message me.

• Upvote 1

»PSK    4447

papasmurfkof beats me 3-1.

Confirmed

• Upvote 3

»ACP    33410

We're about to duel. Captain vs captain, shit's going down:

HkIYJE6.png

wonderPreaux    1408

hey guys, hate to be a bother, but i have some quick ettiquette-ish questions. figure i'd rather ask now then find out in game

1) is it considered rude/dickish to do the deck-check with nobleman of crossout when available? given that its BO5, being able to see the boarding plan and note what power cards someone might be conserving are both big upsides, but if this is a more friendly environment then it might come off as excessive. idk how seriously people are taking the war, so, thoughts?

2) whats the policy for deck-switching? the OP doesn't say we're stuck on one deck, so i'm assuming we can update or rotate whatever we use as the wars progress, yeah?

3) would anyone particularly mind if i streamed/recorded games/is it considered unfriendly to publicize war games? i dont care too much about getting sniped, i mostly jsut want feedback on my builds/plays, but if people dont want their secret tech/build getting out, I wouldnt wanna be a spoiler. whats the community consensus on this sort of thing?

lastly, i should be on for games pretty consistently starting this weekend onward. If anyone would be up for some practice games to help me get into it then, or has some advice on the format, i encourage you to pm me. thanks guys, really looking forward to this

+Gojira    1706
I'm also wonderig about nobleman. And imo just ask the opponent if they're okay with streaming. I'm sure some will be.

Jazz    5322
1. I think the best solution is to reveal any in hand copies of said flip effect monster. I could make this the league policy if people agree. I really don't think revealing decks is fair or faithful to the actual April 2005 format. Of course, if you are playing a friend you can do whatever you want, but you're right we should all agree to an official policy.

2. You are 100% allowed to switch decks between matches.

3. I think these games should be open to anyone who wants to watch. That said, it might be the polite thing to do to ask your opponent if they mind recording/streaming before you start the match. You also can't expect to keep any deck secret in any tournament after you reveal it. Also the fact that you are allowed to switch between matches mitigates this issue.

»ACP    33410

Ryuuzaki thought that combo was banned for some reason, so after killing him on t2 he decided to concede the match.

»Ryuuzaki    2545

Gave Allen the win because he plays empty jar on me g1.

gj man. I thought we banned otks?

»Ryuuzaki    2545

Believe me. I didn't want to just "quit", but I also wasn't gonna sit there and just watch Allen play cards to otk me in two turns for two more games.

Not worth my time. If you're going to play empty jar, you might as well just have the win because that's not why I signed up for this tournament.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

+Gojira    1706

Gave Allen the win because he plays empty jar on me g1.

gj man. I thought we banned otks?

Nope, gotta read the rules.

Everything is legal, best of 5 match is supposed to balance it out.
  • Upvote 3

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

I agree. No offense Allen, but playing combo in a Goat tournament is retarded. This tournament isn't about being as broken as possible, because we all know how easy it is to exploit the format. Tournament is about being the best Goat Control player and the glory of earning the Golden Goat. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

Maybe I should have been more vocal about this before the tournament started, but I didn't think anyone would actually play combo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

»ACP    33410

Like I don't want the fact that I played Empty Jar in a match to cause the league to flounder in activity. Is this just an issue that ryuuzaki has, or is everyone going to be mad at me if I use Empty Jar? Btw, I plan on using non-combo for the majority of my matches, especially since I don't want people boarding in 10 cards against me in a 3/5 match, but I want to make sure that people aren't going to think that I'm scumming them for those 20% of matches that I use Empty Jar.

If everyone feels the way that ryuuzaki and POLLUTEDxDELTA do, then I am kinda wondering... why wasn't it brought up before the tournament started?

• Upvote 1

»Ryuuzaki    2545

Like, you can have the win, but I really think we should ban OTKs for the rest of the tournament.

Jazz    5322
What's wrong with side decking against it? Doesn't that discourage the use of it? The reason I suggested no extra bans is I thought it would lead to more innovation. I guess I should have seen this coming and brought it up specifically in the other thread.

wonderPreaux    1408

I think I'm actually on Allen's side here. How much of a sideboard do you realistically need for grinding goat mirrors? you have minimum 2 games to bring in whatever hate you might have, and its not like a really narrow combo deck like empty jar can turn into some other deck to punish you. there are some weird pseudo-combo decks like machines or those non-Mass-Driver DMOC/Monster Gate decks that can try to play fair, but still cheese you out, yet they arent as consistent or streamlined anyway.

• Upvote 2

Jazz    5322
FYI people the counters are Neko Mane King and Elephant Statue of Disaster I believe. Isn't there a reason Empty Jar never actually topped? I might have underestimated it and should have played a few games against it before not banning it. Sorry ryuu.

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

I feel like the winner of a combo vs Goat match up is not determined by skill, which defeats the point of the tournament. Sure, side decking and best of 5 help, but seriously, what is the point of playing the match up?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1