Jazz

Goat Format War League

gobstopper    125

definitely want in on this goat war league or whatever. havent played online in years and years though. if anyone could hit me up with how online ygo works nowadays and how to get started that would be much appreciated.

+Jazz    5529

We all use duelingnetwork.com, which is a free flash based site where you can make decks, host matches and watch others. It's mostly catered to the advanced format crowd, but there is a section called Unlimited where you can load decks without any ban list restrictions and find people requesting goat matches. Usually it takes less than 2 minutes to get a match or someone is already there requesting one. Of all the retro formats, goat is by far the most popular. And I think it's actually getting more popular lately; there's a steady influx of new players who are intrigued by it.

This incarnation of the goat league is kind of over. We just finished the finals (although there is still technically a side tournament for the golden goat going on, which is on the top 4). It was super active for the month of June, and petered out once the standings became clear and outgoing players finished most of their matches.

Basically it's a pain to get people together to play goats. There are so few who actively play and tournaments drawn out over long stretches of time are difficult to finish. Goat tournaments also attract a lot of people who are not hard core dn-users but like goats, so it can be difficult to hook up with these types because they are older and don't spend every waking moment logged into dn. Occasionally someone hosts a Swiss tournament, but the last one ended badly because the host got into a feud with some dgzers and got banned.

I think the best bets going forward would be to do single day / single night tournaments announced ahead of time or to try the league again on June 1st when people in university tend to have the most free time.

confuse rei    5588

jazz if u dont mind me asking why dont u main ddwl?

+Jazz    5529

There's nothing really to be gained from playing it. At best it's a 1-1. It also fails to provide a light in the GY if it does its job properly. Negating Sangan is its only use, which isn't even that great.

AK, Blade Knight, Merchant, Faith, Zaborg, etc can all gain some kind of advantage and more reliably set up BLS.

OD Superman    1122

There's nothing really to be gained from playing it. At best it's a 1-1. It also fails to provide a light in the GY if it does its job properly. Negating Sangan is its only use, which isn't even that great.

AK, Blade Knight, Merchant, Faith, Zaborg, etc can all gain some kind of advantage and more reliably set up BLS.

Jazz, ditching DDWL is genius! What ever made you think of it?! ;)

confuse rei    5588

idk i like ddwl because for me it reads 'kill/stall an exarion' but I was looking for a monster to cut anyway so heyo 1st suspect to see if i can do without

-L2theZ-    1611

Clearly it was this post of mine from nearly 2 years ago.

http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=151748&p=3444139
  • Upvote 2

+Jazz    5529

Clearly it was this post of mine from nearly 2 years ago.

http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=151748&p=3444139

You're like Vincent Van Gogh, no one appreciated you in your time.
  • Upvote 1

+Jazz    5529
Not sure, but my favorite time of year to play goats is always after the Spring semester of North America schools (late May thru July). I always have the most time to be active then.

Also not sure what changes we would make this year, but we should all take time to discuss it like, now, ideally.

And if someone else wants to be in charge this year, I'm cool with that, too. But if no one has the conviction I would just do it again by default, as that's basically what happened last year.

Doom Engine    6
Well the topic of drafting vs pre-made teams does come to mind. I want to vote for pre-made teams for the sake of a testing group of friends or a group you feel comfortable with, rather than X people with a cool team name. But on the other hand having a draft for teams would be more appealing than the best players just grouping together and just pummeling lesser teams.
Also I personally feel that players should NOT be allowed to choose their opponents.

+Jazz    5529

Damn this was epic. This thread should be archived in the Goat Format subforum imo

I find it funny how many mafia players were in this: me, psk, crei, rei, malcolm (kinda), faint, mascis, lfn, zapp, mason, digbick

+scuzzlebutt    23607

i find it funny that you wanted to void one of allen's match results so that you could ban empty jar "and all OTKs"

and also that "L2theZ" cited the SMASH COMMUNITY as an example of why we should have done so

the SMASH COMMUNITY, the same community that bans POUND STALLING

POUND STALLING LOL

• Upvote 1

+scuzzlebutt    23607

HOOOOOLY SHIT I MISSED THE BEST PART

+scuzzlebutt    23607
On 7/4/2014 at 9:55 PM, ACP said:

To a different admin:

immaduelist: My name is Allen C. Pennington and I will tell BLS to give you a promotion if you join my non-rated match and resolve a very important issue for me.
immaduelist: Help me obi-wan kenobi, you're my only hope.

This guy obviously loves penis as well.

immaduelist: Greetings admin. I respect you for working for the Yugioh community on the 4th of July. However, I am in a very desperate situation and have already contacted the other available administrators.

immaduelist: I am in a high-stakes, but unrated match, and just less than a minute of your time could resolve a very important issue for me.

immaduelist: If you would like to venture into my dueling arena and check the game logs.

ASISKL:KLJ:FSDKJDAS:LSDJFLKD:FJHKSLD:JFKJFKL:SJDGHFDKLGD

+scuzzlebutt    23607

also I never noticed that jazz never played out the bracket for the Golden Goat

who's down for the 2017 Golden Goat Invitational?

+Jazz    5529
40 minutes ago, mmf said:

i find it funny that you wanted to void one of allen's match results so that you could ban empty jar "and all OTKs"

I actually regret this so much

Sorry Allen @ACP

+Jazz    5529
3 minutes ago, mmf said:

also I never noticed that jazz never played out the bracket for the Golden Goat

who's down for the 2017 Golden Goat Invitational?

ehhhhhh I think we need to wait a little longer

ACP    33478
14 hours ago, Tom Brady said:

Just made a DB, interested in any tournaments that you guys plan on doing

We literally have an entire warring section, which includes goats.

• Haha 1