Jazz

Goat Format War League

Jazz    5327

Ok guys, the people have spoken. While I disagree, we will continue to allow OTKs and everything else. I will leave the poll open for you all to change your mind and reassess the situation once you see the mistake you have made ;).

For those of us who hate OTKs and love actual goats, the solution is simple: make strong side decks and beat the shit out of them in games 2-5.

• Downvote 2

+rei+    34654

Ok guys, the people have spoken. While I disagree, we will continue to allow OTKs and everything else. I will leave the poll open for you all to change your mind and reassess the situation once you see the mistake you have made ;).

For those of us who hate OTKs and love actual goats, the solution is simple: make strong side decks and beat the shit out of them in games 2-5.

even when you've lost you can't stop passive aggressively whining, have you ever in your life acknowledged you were wrong?
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

-L2theZ-    1611
[quote name="Vice Captain Sanada" post="3773487" timestamp="1402577110"]like just play the actual list. build an actual side deck and do the whole format (unless the actual format actually sucked and only the goat mirror was good but I really don't believe that to be the case)[/quote] The situation is that in reality there were a bunch of usable OTKs at the time, but none of them were consistent enough to secure you going 7-1 or 8-1 at a SJC so at the top level they didn't see any play. However this isn't a situation where people need to go 7-1, at most they can only get 2 wins in a war which makes OTKs much more appealing. I also thought it was just generally agreed upon that they were a bunch of horseshit that nobody likes, but that appears to not be the case. Either way everyone is going out of their way to play this format so I'd think they'd like to actually play the format instead of playing hope to draw my side or hope my opponent draws into some dead as fuck hand.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+rei+    34654
the best part of this thread is Jazz pming people to tell them to stop disagreeing with him
BRWDi4a.jpg
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

+Paraliel+    8031

like just play the actual list. build an actual side deck and do the whole format (unless the actual format actually sucked and only the goat mirror was good but I really don't believe that to be the case)

The situation is that in reality there were a bunch of usable OTKs at the time, but none of them were consistent enough to secure you going 7-1 or 8-1 at a SJC so at the top level they didn't see any play. However this isn't a situation where people need to go 7-1, at most they can only get 2 wins in a war which makes OTKs much more appealing.

I also thought it was just generally agreed upon that they were a bunch of horseshit that nobody likes, but that appears to not be the case. Either way everyone is going out of their way to play this format so I'd think they'd like to actually play the format instead of playing hope to draw my side or hope my opponent draws into some dead as fuck hand.
I don't like getting Duo'ed. Let's ban it!
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

-L2theZ-    1611
[quote name="Mason Oliver" post="3773511" timestamp="1402579870"][quote name="L2theZ" post="3773508" timestamp="1402579531"] [quote name="Vice Captain Sanada" post="3773487" timestamp="1402577110"] like just play the actual list. build an actual side deck and do the whole format (unless the actual format actually sucked and only the goat mirror was good but I really don't believe that to be the case)[/quote] The situation is that in reality there were a bunch of usable OTKs at the time, but none of them were consistent enough to secure you going 7-1 or 8-1 at a SJC so at the top level they didn't see any play. However this isn't a situation where people need to go 7-1, at most they can only get 2 wins in a war which makes OTKs much more appealing. I also thought it was just generally agreed upon that they were a bunch of horseshit that nobody likes, but that appears to not be the case. Either way everyone is going out of their way to play this format so I'd think they'd like to actually play the format instead of playing hope to draw my side or hope my opponent draws into some dead as fuck hand.[/quote] I don't like getting Duo'ed. Let's ban it![/quote] I see nothing wrong with modifying a game (or in this case a format) to make it more competitive and more fun. If OTKs are legal they hey do your super serious sirlin play to win stuff and use them, but that argument is going to do anything to change my view.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    5327

the best part of this thread is Jazz pming people to tell them to stop disagreeing with him
BRWDi4a.jpg

It was the fact he was spamming an article, not disagreeing. He was not addressing the topic in the context of goat format. It was getting on my nerves and it wasn't the debate relevant to thread.

Jazz    5327

even when you've lost you can't stop passive aggressively whining, have you ever in your life acknowledged you were wrong?

No I'm never wrong, just like you never are either ;)

+Paraliel+    8031

like just play the actual list. build an actual side deck and do the whole format (unless the actual format actually sucked and only the goat mirror was good but I really don't believe that to be the case)

The situation is that in reality there were a bunch of usable OTKs at the time, but none of them were consistent enough to secure you going 7-1 or 8-1 at a SJC so at the top level they didn't see any play. However this isn't a situation where people need to go 7-1, at most they can only get 2 wins in a war which makes OTKs much more appealing.
I also thought it was just generally agreed upon that they were a bunch of horseshit that nobody likes, but that appears to not be the case. Either way everyone is going out of their way to play this format so I'd think they'd like to actually play the format instead of playing hope to draw my side or hope my opponent draws into some dead as fuck hand.
I see nothing wrong with modifying a game (or in this case a format) to make it more competitive and more fun. If OTKs are legal they hey do your super serious sirlin play to win stuff and use them, but that argument is going to do anything to change my view.
But you aren't actually playing goat format with that mindset. You are removing key elements of a format at hand because "qq I wanna out skill my opp!" even though deck choice and deck building is it's own skill. You force yourself to be a worse player by dumbing it down.

+rei+    34654

I see nothing wrong with modifying a game (or in this case a format) to make it more competitive and more fun. If OTKs are legal they hey do your super serious sirlin play to win stuff and use them, but that argument is going to do anything to change my view.

removing aspects of the competition so you don't need to prepare and deal with them makes it less competitive and less fun.
OTKs suck in goat format, don't get mad, get better.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Paraliel+    8031
Part of the thing people are forgetting is that by turning this into a League you made it competitive. So all that stupid stuff like "ew I don't like that card" needs to be left at the door. You aren't proving anything by playing mirrors all day and winning at a make believe format.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

+Mascis    4554

BRWDi4a.jpg

"these niggas tryna hold me back"

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

BRWDi4a.jpg

It was the fact he was spamming an article, not disagreeing. He was not addressing the topic in the context of goat format. It was getting on my nerves and it wasn't the debate relevant to thread.

More like you sent that message 4 minutes after my first post in the thread. This was obviously done to try to maintain your agenda and to prevent an actual debate from occurring.

If you can't translate the relevance of the topics in that article to the topics at hand, you're worse off than I thought and in no way fit to be making these decisions for the community.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

-L2theZ-    1611
[quote name="Mason Oliver" post="3773522" timestamp="1402581577"]Part of the thing people are forgetting is that by turning this into a League you made it competitive. So all that stupid stuff like "ew I don't like that card" needs to be left at the door. You aren't proving anything by playing mirrors all day and winning at a make believe format.[/quote] I would honestly love to see you try to argue this against the competitive Smash Bros community.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

+Paraliel+    8031

Part of the thing people are forgetting is that by turning this into a League you made it competitive. So all that stupid stuff like "ew I don't like that card" needs to be left at the door. You aren't proving anything by playing mirrors all day and winning at a make believe format.

I would honestly love to see you try to argue this against the competitive Smash Bros community.
Maybe one day.

+rei+    34654
It's almost like they're different games with different limitations already applied.
(and even then what you're arguing is like banning marth or shiek from SSBM)
  • Upvote 1

-L2theZ-    1611
[quote name="rei" post="3773529" timestamp="1402582293"]It's almost like they're different games with different limitations already applied.(and even then what you're arguing is like banning marth or shiek from SSBM)[/quote] I'd say what I'm arguing is more like the banning of infinite wobbling (if wobbling is even legal in the first place) or a bunch of stages that allow for infinites or allow for people to just run away forever.

+rei+    34654
You'd be wrong though.

»ACP    33417
Guys, guys, guys, debate is over, can we just resume dueling?

Before we play a match be sure to tell me whether you like it fast and hard or slow and gentle and I will choose my deck accordingly.

Also change my team name to xXx360NoGoatsGetCombodxXx

Or do we need to make a poll whether team name changes should be allowed?
  • Upvote 7

Jazz    5327

BRWDi4a.jpg

More like you sent that message 4 minutes after my first post in the thread. This was obviously done to try to maintain your agenda and to prevent an actual debate from occurring.

If you can't translate the relevance of the topics in that article to the topics at hand, you're worse off than I thought and in no way fit to be making these decisions for the community.

If you had a point to make pertinent to the goat format league (i.e. the topic you are posting in) AND you typed it out with the inclusion of some relevant context I would have read it and taken it into account. Just like I did with every post in this thread. This PM was sent after your 2nd or 3rd post when you started yelling at people to read the article.

I have ZERO problem with you or anyone else disagreeing with a ban on OTKs in this league. Why do you think I decided to allow them?

I shouldn't have to translate the relevance of some article, that should be your job. Why are you asking me to take the time to read something that you could probably condense and add context to?????

• Downvote 1

+rei+    34654
Actually lets go back to the previous point
Why was Don't Forget barred from making a team?
like, the fuck?
  • Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8031
He doesn't need to translate the context of the article, the article is fine as is for a read.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Paraliel+    8031

Actually lets go back to the previous point
Why was Don't Forget barred from making a team?
like, the fuck?

All of the teams are drafted, not pre made was the reason iirc which is kind of legit.
  • Upvote 1

Jazz    5327

Also Borax, "maintain my agenda"? Are you fucking kidding me? I asked people to debate on the topic and I wanted to see the other side of the argument. Honestly, I could have done whatever I wanted with the rules and changed it to the way that I want it, but I decided that would not be the best thing for the league at this point.

»BoraxTheLean    7119
Furthermore, I believe Don't Forget expressed interest in making a team, but was told he couldn't.

This should absolutely not have been handled like this.

I don't think it will be an issue to allow him to register a team if he so wishes.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2